Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 16 ]  [ Total: 16 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Identification Station
 Unidentified set
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Santa Fe Reefer Topic Next Topic: Tyco Kellogs Hopper Question  

Albertan
Switcher

Posted - April 02 2022 :  3:40:30 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Albertan to Buddylist
Hey everyone, I just picked this set up at a garage sale, very lightly used, most items have never been out of the box. I’ve been searching online and can’t seem to find this set listed anywhere in the archives. It seems to be a version of the over and under set but has way more pieces than any of those versions. The box says it is model number 6302, it includes a blue and yellow Santa Fe F9 diesel and several cars. I’lm not sure how to attach some photos. Any ideas of this is an actual set and it’s value?
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4  ~  Member Since: April 02 2022  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2022 Alert Moderator 

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - April 02 2022 :  4:53:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
I don't know the set, but here are directions for uploading pictures:
http://www.tycoforums.com/tyco/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7857

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 26 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 02 2022 :  6:05:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Go to the little camera icon, click on it, be sure you image is 1000 pixels or less across, no $#%$%$ in the title, and right click to open.

Are as value goes, it is what someone wants to pay for it. Tyco is as bad
as Bitcoin: one day up, the next day you can't give it away. I think I have
an idea what you MIGHT have, and the Blue and Yellow ATSF is a little more sought after.

Put in on eBay ending on a Saturday and start the bidding at $25. If the demand is hot you'll get more. If not, kerplop.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Albertan
Switcher

Posted - April 02 2022 :  7:22:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Albertan to Buddylist
I’m on an iPhone so I don’t think the photo upload will work for me. I’ve uploaded them to Dropbox, hopefully the link works.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fg2xo0rwe2q6ch9/AACehra8nXzeXnrLB9l7yMiva?dl=0
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4  ~  Member Since: April 02 2022  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - April 02 2022 :  10:14:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
Could be a department store special
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 03 2022 :  02:02:49 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Those came out good. Yeah, that is the Blue & Yellow ATSF I was
thinking it might be. Question is, does it have a metal plate on
the bottom of the front (drive) bogie or is it plastic? From the box,
I am thinking it is the plastic (PT) motor which is notoriously bad.
Still, it is an interesting grouping of pieces.

Are you thinking of starting your own empire or selling?
If the latter, I'd bundle the whole kit and caboodle and
see what it auctions out at. I am thinking maybe $50 to $75,
perhaps a 1 Franklin on a very good day.

Again, value is in the eye of the beholder, especially with this
stuff. Picasso used to scribble a drawing on a paper napkin
in lieu of paying his tab at the bar.

Edited by - Chops124 on April 04 2022 05:42:17 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

jward
Hudson

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - April 03 2022 :  11:43:36 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add jward to Buddylist
That is a relatively rare paint scheme for a Santa Fe F unit. A quick search turned up only 3 painted this way, all F9s. Photos are from the Fallen Flags website.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 483  ~  Member Since: December 22 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - April 03 2022 :  10:23:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
While I'm not familiar with specific Tyco set worth, that particular set of yours has a lot of common Tyco cars and accessories (Swift reefer, Auto-Loader, Western Maryland flat car (probably with pipe load), bridge & trestle set, Santa Fe piggy-back car & terminal, and automatic log dump car.)

The locomotive is a yellow-bonnet Santa Fe F9 which yes, is the more uncommon scheme of Tyco Santa Fe F9s, with 2 variants of its own - one has a yellow Santa Fe cigar-band decal on the nose, the other is blue. Yours has the yellow Santa Fe decal on the front, which leads me to believe it has a reliable Austrian (AHM) made drive-system.

That makes your set from the late 1970's at least. Everything does seem to be in nice shape, including the box. A rough price it could easily sell for on Ebay would be $40-$100, I'd say, but again value is truly in the eye of the Tyco collector (aka what one is willing to pay.)

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/

Edited by - RP model railroads on April 03 2022 10:24:52 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Albertan
Switcher

Posted - April 12 2022 :  3:45:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Albertan to Buddylist
Thanks for all your responses. It has the plastic front bogie so I’m assuming it’s the PT motor. I think for now I’m just going to put it away in storage and see if my son wants to play with it when he’s older, he’s 2.5 yrs now.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4  ~  Member Since: April 02 2022  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Santa Fe Reefer Topic Next Topic: Tyco Kellogs Hopper Question  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000