Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 9 ]  [ Total: 9 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Forum Related
 Forum Help
 Pictoral guide to uploading photo's
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Remove failed account creation profile? Topic Next Topic: post a picture  

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - October 14 2008 :  8:32:55 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
ADDENDUM from Forum Admin - Paper Clip Icon which is referenced has since been changed to a Camera Icon which looks like this --> Post has been edited and "Paper Clip" has been replaced with "Camera"

(NOTE :You must be a registered member first) I am posting this to help all members on how to upload photo's. I am using windows Vista so your operating system or screen may vary somewhat as your photo software. My photosoftware is Canon zoombrowser. The principle here applies the same though no matter what your system is or photo editor is.

Step 1-- Select from forum menu where you want to post your topic and photo

Step 2 -- Click on topic then click new topic

Step 3 -- After clicking new topic you should have this screen. Enter your subject- Then go down to blue box and enter your info. After entering your info--go to Camera icon and click

Step 4 -- You should now have this screen. Double click browse

Step 5 -- You should have screen similar to this to select your photo from files. Slect picture or whatever you store your photo's in from your menu

Step 6 -- Select the folder where photo is stored and double click

Step 7 -- Now browse your photo's in folder and select image

Step 8 -- The photo example i am using is automatically stored as .JPG which will not upload to forum. <-- Fixed - No longer case sensitive. You must know how your photo's are stored from your camera to your computer. If you do not-don't worry as i am going to show you in the next photo's how to edit and save your
picture. Right click your photo now and you should have a screen similar to picture below. click the edit option

step 9 -- Select file and then scroll down to save as and click

step 10 -- you should now have this screen. the highlighted blue box-hit delete and enter new name for photo and then end the name with .jpg in LOWER CASE. <-- Fixed - No longer case sensitive. After you have edited info click save

edited file name.

step 11 -- You now have to go back to you photo folder and select your newly named file

step 12 -- double click your photo and you should now be on this screen. Click upload file

step 13 -- This screen should now appear Click add to display

step 14 -- This is the final. You should have screen below. you can now preview or post your topic by selecting from bottom area Post new topic or preview to see if you need to make changes.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: January 31 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 21 2017 Alert Moderator 

shaygetz
Big Boy

Posted - October 14 2008 :  11:07:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add shaygetz to Buddylist
quote:
I am using windows Vista...
Originally posted by Brianstyco-October 14 2008: 8:32:55 PM

Oh, you poor dear...bless your heart, I hope someone finds a cure.

Nice How-To.
 Posts: 2465  ~  Member Since: April 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: December 01 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - October 15 2008 :  08:45:58 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
While on the subject, if anyone needs a good photo editing program, try FastStone Viewer. http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

It's not Photoshop, but it's great for viewing, and conversions and tweaks on the fly. Totally free and free of adware and other nasties.

Edited by - toptrain on September 25 2015 9:23:19 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

mix3d3m0ti0n5
Little Six

Chessie Wink

Posted - October 15 2008 :  09:24:37 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add mix3d3m0ti0n5 to Buddylist
I would also suggest not entering spaces in your file name. I don't think it impacts this forum, but I know in many web applications spaces in the name don't play well. Using Brianstyco's example file name, rather than tyco stake truck.jpg, use a place holder such and underscores, dashes or no space at all.

Examples: tycostaketruck.jpg, tyco_stake_truck.jpg, or tyco-stake-truck.jpg.

~anna
-----------------------------------
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 105  ~  Member Since: December 23 2006  ~  Last Visit: March 27 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

tycoboy
Switcher

Posted - October 15 2008 :  2:21:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add tycoboy to Buddylist
Very helpful, Thanks
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 66  ~  Member Since: September 17 2007  ~  Last Visit: January 19 2011 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - July 04 2011 :  4:26:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
Me, no success. It said something about a script. DUNNO!
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - July 04 2011 :  4:36:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - July 04 2011 :  5:02:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
Thanks Ken!
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - July 04 2011 :  5:09:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
hi jerry nothing wrong with your photo everything was as it should be,the script run out,when you get it,just close it and open it again and reload again ken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

newhudson
Little Six

VGNAvatar

Posted - December 31 2011 :  11:45:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add newhudson to Buddylist
Hmmmmmm........... First time I'm trying this. I think I've followed the instructions above, but I keep getting
Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'

Script timed out

/tyco/forum/uploadengine.asp

The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 151  ~  Member Since: December 29 2011  ~  Last Visit: January 05 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ChessieRR
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - June 09 2012 :  9:00:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ChessieRR to Buddylist
When I try to upload photos, this keeps coming up:

Script timed out

The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 332  ~  Member Since: February 24 2012  ~  Last Visit: January 26 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - June 09 2012 :  9:13:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:

Script timed out
Originally posted by ChessieRR - June 09 2012 :  9:00:38 PM

yeah I get that too just reload it alot till it takes
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ChessieRR
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - June 10 2012 :  2:35:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ChessieRR to Buddylist
quote:
quote:

Script timed out
Originally posted by ChessieRR - June 09 2012 :  9:00:38 PM

yeah I get that too just reload it alot till it takes

Originally posted by microbusss - June 09 2012 :  9:13:08 PM

Ok, good to know! thanks for the help.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 332  ~  Member Since: February 24 2012  ~  Last Visit: January 26 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - June 10 2012 :  2:39:12 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
i also keep the size of picture around 500kb,most cameras are in the realms of 1.5mb upwards,so reduce to around 500mb ken

CairnTerrier
Switcher

Posted - August 04 2012 :  10:49:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add CairnTerrier to Buddylist
Me too....I would post photos as well if I didn't keep getting that timed out script message that everybody else is getting. How do we get around this or is there an updated format for posting pictures we can use???
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 67  ~  Member Since: October 30 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 03 2013 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - August 07 2012 :  11:07:58 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
if timing out - re size picture and/or try .jpg lower case at end of photo
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: January 31 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 21 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 09 2014 :  03:34:06 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
It took me about a year of on and off trial and error to get my photos to be able to upload to the forum. As a fairly low functioning computer user, I was amazed when I finally cracked the code. And even when I did I mistakenly blasted through this gossamer thin etiquette about posting to threads and failed to note the distinction between an event or a post. Hugely logical to the Tyco Forum regulars, I was lambasted for my ignorance and considered self banishment as the cure.

Being somewhat thick, I still cannot quite grasp the meaning of "All users may post here" when it is meant that "all users are supposed to play follow the leader and tack on their subject POSTS, not EVENTS, onto the very first entry of the week made on a Sunday, usually buy a Forum old timer. Do NOT think, as I did, that it is an invitation to start new postings as the spirit moves you. Your spirit will be given a thorough drubbing.

I am a Tyco collector, and am not fascinated by computer gizmos, so if you don't wish to spend hundreds of dollars on new software, this is what I ended up doing:

I picked out the photos I liked, opened them in the "paint shop" by clicking on edit, and then shrunk the desired picture down to a 1000 pixels horizontally, saved it, renamed it, and then was able to upload it.

If all this Computer Newspeak makes you feel like a lard head, dinosaur, or both, PM me or email me direct at JMcNeal61@hotmail.com and I will try to walk you through this mine field of computer gobble de gook as patiently and clearly as I know how. If I can do it, so can you, without paying for expensive, complicated computer applications.

I can almost promise me I know far less about computer utilization than you do.

JMcNeal
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11192  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Remove failed account creation profile? Topic Next Topic: post a picture  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000