Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 12 ]  [ Total: 12 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 American Flyer (Gilbert)
 my gilberts
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
Previous Page | Next Page
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: A.C.Gilbert HO Scale trains Topic Next Topic: Garage Sale Find - 1949/50 4-6-2 #290 AF Steam
Page: of 3

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 11 2012 :  07:55:17 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist

*This car that Glenn ( gmoney ) posted, he was nice enough to sell to me. It makes me happy to have this good Glibert car to add to the ones I have. Here it is cleaned up
Thank you Glenn.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!

Edited by - toptrain on December 29 2012 07:50:24 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - December 11 2012 :  09:36:31 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
You're welcome Frank!
Glenn

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1486  ~  Member Since: December 13 2008  ~  Last Visit: April 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - December 11 2012 :  12:20:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
Real cool stuff in here Thanks
I should mention but when I 1st got that unloading hopper car years ago the one screw on the left truck in pic stripped out on it So that's the reason it has a shinier screw in it
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - January 07 2013 :  1:09:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
* Here is the Gilbert Monon covered Hopper . car # 510.
This car is made by Varney for release by Gilbert.

Frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on June 08 2013 09:40:22 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - January 08 2013 :  8:57:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
Love that Seaboard boxcar Frank! Here is my only running HO engine. A #31031. Not bad for $25. Had to give it a little TLC:

" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - January 27 2013 :  7:37:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Here is a 1938-39 cast metal baggage car, HO-133 ( not new haven ). There is a number stamped on it, 621389. Could it be original. 10 years later this car was still being made.

toptrain

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on February 04 2013 7:01:28 PM

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

Posted - January 27 2013 :  8:13:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
A American Flyer coal loader. Fine tuned and works better. Its a auto-rama accessory, still the same design as the HO piece, different colors. Now I gotta figure out how to wire the button!

" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

Posted - February 05 2013 :  4:28:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
A recent repair to a $35 steamer from last summer. Finally got it rewired!

And just for fun, my blossoming S gauge collection. Yes, the 4-4-2 has smoke and works like the HO engines with smoke:

A recent eBay purchase for $4.99 yielding the remains of diesel. Yet to arrive and hope its well worth fixing up to run!: (The Lackawanna unit)

Edited by - Redneck Justin on February 05 2013 4:33:52 PM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - March 05 2013 :  6:54:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Got a different New Haven box car. I had #512. I just got #33512. Only difference is the number.

frank

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - March 21 2013 :  08:04:47 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
# 501. Chicago Burlington and Quincy coal hopper. made by Varney for release by Gilbert.

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - March 21 2013 :  08:10:31 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
503 New York, New Haven, and Hartford flat with transformer.

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - March 21 2013 :  08:16:49 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
506 Pennsylvania Railroad caboose. This number car came in 2 road names. Pennsylvania Railroad here and Reading photo posted here on 10-18-2012.
* It is odd that a car was issued with the same company number, and have two different road names.

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on June 08 2013 09:42:26 AM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - April 22 2013 :  7:57:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
* #518. Koppers chemical tank car.
I thought this was a varney car at first. I didn't check the number. This is a second version of Gilbert #518 KOPPERS chenical tank car. It was made by Varney for Gilbert release.
* There is a standard Gilbert made version of this car made like the #500 Texaco car seen in this Thread. It uses the same car as #500, and is lettered and colored the same as my #518. Both were issued as Gilbert #518.

frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on June 08 2013 09:37:18 AM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - May 11 2013 :  6:35:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
5 cars I got today at Allentown PA train show.
frank

Here is the Texas and Pacific gondola in two different colors. Maybe they were issued in two different years.
* T&P #127 green.

* T&P #127 gray.

* #118 very old all die cast original car first issued in the 1930s.
This one is factory painted by Gilbert .

* #33217. A NYC covered two bay hopper.
A car that is made by MARX for Gilbert release.
Some say it may have been made by Sakai, as they did make, and release copies of Marx type cars.

* #33620. A Wabash Caboose.
This is another Marx car made by Marx for release by Gilbert.
Here a roof mounted cupola has been added to a standard Marx bay window caboose.

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on June 08 2013 09:33:44 AM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - June 08 2013 :  09:04:42 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
* Here at Ken's Gilbert I keep photos of my collection as it grows. Also I will show the way Gilbert reissued the same car with different numbers, from their original three number issue. They kept the original three numbers and added a 33 the front. Making a N&W gondola # 505 into # 33505 for the second issue. This they did to a few cars. The reissue like the first run were released for a few years.
* I will show here the mentioned N&W gondola here.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on June 08 2013 09:11:15 AM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - June 17 2013 :  12:58:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Here is a second set of cars with the same car , same paint schema, but different numbers. just like the previous car a 33 is added as a prefix.
* The New Haven Box car #512.

* The New Haven Box car #33512.

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - November 22 2013 :  6:15:55 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Hi Ken. I'm back! Didn't post in awhile because no new Gilbert cars on engines to show. that has changed. After the last Allentown train show, The first Frost show at the fair grounds, I found nothing in Gilbert. Was anyone waiting for a list. Well the show that usually provides me with a few new Gilberts each year had none for me. Now for me to go home I take interstate 78 to my towns exit on it. To get to 78 I pass on Lehigh Ave. the turn to to Merchants Square Mall. Being it is one block away, and full of antique shops, one specially dealing in used trains. I turned and went to check it out. There are 3 train shows here each year. For 2014 they are Jan 18, May 10 and Sept 13.
* well I walked in the main entrance and the building hall goes to the left and the right only. To the right also is a stairway to a second floor with more shops. Now the train shows there are held to the right. You follow the hall to its end and there is a right turn. this is a short hallway at the end of which is the auditorium at which the train shows are held. Now at this formentioned right turn there is the dealer that specialize in trains. I got a few things there. and at two of the other antique dealers I found other trains. At the very last place I went. I found two Gilbert car I didn't have. Both are single dome tank cars. The first is #125 Shell gas. the second is #33500 Gulf gas.
* Here are the photos.

** first #33500 which is a second run of the #500 car that looks the same.

* Now 33500 is a all plastic tank car. The tank body is one made by Gilbert. The frame is made by gilbert. The Gilbert name is clearly seen underneath on the frame. I say this because there may be a Varney tank car decorated in the same way . This also is a Gilbert car. Information for these cars is found on line at a Gilbert collector site.

( #125 will be posted in the next post.)

frank

** The next car is the older #125 SHELL Gas.

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on November 22 2013 6:21:56 PM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - November 22 2013 :  7:21:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
* My reason for making a separate posting for this is the length of the last post. Now this post also comes with a story. Sorry I have to put you through this 'BUT', I will ! Now I said sorry so read on.
* Ok ! Now as I said previously, I got these 2 Gilberts at the last antique Shop in the mall . It was located at the far right end of the mall. This is large room divided up into separate areas that are rented to smaller dealers. It is a big room as there are a lot of them. Now the hall goes directly into this large room. Walking still straight to the back, checking out the separate dealer spaces as I went, once I came to the far end I looked to the left and there was a dealer space on the left wall with a HO train layout in it. I remember seeing only HO items. This is where I found the Gilberts. I just wanted to take you on a trip through the Mall. The odd thing about this dealer is everything on the layout wasn't for sale.
* The Layout. It could not be viewed well as it was built higher up. My line of sight was only slightly higher than the table top. Now what I did see was that two mainlines circled the layout. On the right side of the layout was a engine maintenance facility. It had a turntable with a dozen or so separate storage tracks. On these were all Canadian National locomotives, steam, and diesel. On one main line a very nicely detailed steam powered passenger train. On the other a diesel powered freight. The representative for the dealer was there and he informed me of the sale situation. That nothing on the layout was on sale only the trains on the shelves around it and the case in front. Besides the Gilberts this is where I got the Marx Union Pacific F3A. With the Marx he had to make a phone call to get a price. It was seven dollars. Needles to say I have it today.
* Now another thing this time about the Shell tank car. It looked a little strange when I got it, but the price was very good and I didn't want to let it go. Once I got it home I looked at it better and it was one of the Varney tank cars that Gilbert sold. It was never sold be Varney. When you view the car, as you will see, at first something is wrong. The same thing I noticed in the store. When you look at the 10,000 gallon Gulf tank, the tank supports line up with the frame supports for the trucks. This is how it should be with the total weight of the tank being supported by the trucks. On this car it isn't so. The truck supports are further outside of the tank ones. Not lined up as on all tank cars of this type. So here I thought I had a repaired car. The frame used was the diecast one that came on the original diecast HO tank car made first in the 1930's. it has the original trucks with the big ugly Gilbert couplers removed and kadees applied.
* Now here is what I did ! I went through my Varney parts and found a good tank frame. Did what I could to complete it. Then before I took a photo it came to me to check the collector site and view the car there. Don't you know that when I called it up and viewed it, it was the same car I had bought. Now i removed the frame and replaced the diecast one back on to the car. Did some coupler work And Walla ! I wasted a lot of time. Yes that was a dumb thing to do.
* Now here is the results.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on December 08 2013 7:01:07 PM

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 22 2013 :  7:34:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I gotta look for Gilberts/ American Flyer at show next Saturday hehe
Great collection, toptrain Am I jealous? YES!!
Tho I think my C&O dump car is a hard one to get
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 22 2013 :  10:35:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
Hey Buss !!
It is not only a hard one as most are but yours is a good operation car.
frank
Originally posted by toptrain - November 22 2013 :  7:42:26 PM

yeah? Well I better have someone fix the steps someday

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - November 24 2013 :  11:19:15 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
** To date the freight cars I have in Gilbert HO. No cabooses, shown here. To view cabooses you need to go back in this post. Their are no doubles here. The ones that appear to be, have different numbers, or colors.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on November 24 2013 11:35:59 AM

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 24 2013 :  11:30:37 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
You're right! The numbers on my C&O dump car & yours ARE the same numbers!
I gotta find the Tie Chucker & the Explosives cars

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - November 24 2013 :  11:50:25 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
hi frank any chance of a nice pic of that tie car ken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - November 24 2013 :  6:03:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Special request for a car that a I forgot to post. Gonna have to check them all and make a list and check it twice.
frank

Gilbert tie ejector car #33820.

toptrain

lvrr325
Big Boy

Posted - November 25 2013 :  01:07:32 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add lvrr325 to Buddylist
Got another 33006 and a 33509 today. Both cheap, both in nice shape.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 956  ~  Member Since: January 27 2008  ~  Last Visit: May 27 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - November 25 2013 :  10:10:52 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
lvrr325;
As you can see I don't have either car. Are you selling them.
frank

toptrain

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 25 2013 :  12:30:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I gonna deffinately have to look for that Tie Ejector car at show Saturday!
Tho I usually find the O-S gauge one

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - November 25 2013 :  4:31:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Well Ben you'll be at your show this weekend and I'll be in Edison New Jersey Sat. and Sun. at the Greenberg show. Hope we all do well. Maybe I'll see Nelson and Pete again.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on November 25 2013 4:33:22 PM

n/a
deleted

Posted - December 02 2013 :  07:47:06 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add n/a to Buddylist
quote:
Hi guys. Get those photos taken and posted. Cant waite ! I got some more photos of cars to post. This one will be a open hopper.
** Santa Fe # 33212
frank

Originally posted by toptrain - August 26 2012 :  07:16:08 AM

I have made open car removable loads for my open cars. On hoppers and gondolas, I have been using Dr. Bob's genuine Southeast Iowa "durght" (found only in SE Iowa) and a jig I made from a piece of 1x2 and stripwood. I line it with masking tape sticky side in. When I have the load formed, I use white glue/water to secure it, then, for coal, spray it with flat black paint (or glossy for anthracite), and stick a round head pin in it as a handle ( a cotter pin will work, too). I do this for S scale cars, but I'll post photos if anybody's interested

"S"tring boB
 Posts: 0  ~  Member Since: October 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: December 13 2013 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

n/a
deleted

Posted - December 02 2013 :  07:52:01 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add n/a to Buddylist
quote:
Hey Buss !
* Your new photos are much better. Lots of detail is shown on that old Gilbert operating hopper.
Good work there Buss.
* You can see those Gilbert trucks. They stick out. Modelers remember that At the Gilbert sell out auctions, Varney got all the remaining Freight trucks. Many old Varney cars with sold with these trucks on them. I still have a few I haven't removed the trucks from. Gilbert truck side frames are very unique. And the notched center screw hole underneath also marks these trucks. They also have their Gilbert stock number cast into them.
frank

Originally posted by toptrain - September 05 2012 :  07:14:38 AM

A little paint and decals and they would be a good representation of Santa Fe ballast cars

"S"tring boB
 Posts: 0  ~  Member Since: October 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: December 13 2013 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 02 2013 :  1:43:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
** The SINCLAIR tank car #116.
* This is the original all die cast Gilbert tank car.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on December 02 2013 2:01:02 PM

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - December 02 2013 :  6:49:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
Well Ben you'll be at your show this weekend and I'll be in Edison New Jersey Sat. and Sun. at the Greenberg show. Hope we all do well. Maybe I'll see Nelson and Pete again.
frank
Originally posted by toptrain - November 25 2013 :  4:31:54 PM

Sorry Didn't make the show But I'll go on March 1st I hopes
Yes I IS envious & jealous of your finds

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - February 16 2014 :  12:36:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Gilbert #520, Northwestern, reefer car.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on February 16 2014 12:36:41 PM

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - February 16 2014 :  2:15:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
hi frank some great cars,thanks for posting ken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

lvrr325
Big Boy

Posted - February 18 2014 :  08:36:05 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add lvrr325 to Buddylist
One of those reefers has been floating around, I passed on it for like $10 at Utica and the same dealer was at Springfield with it. Guys with orange shirts.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 956  ~  Member Since: January 27 2008  ~  Last Visit: May 27 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - February 25 2014 :  09:28:17 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Time to post some new Gilberts here in catfordken's topic on Gilbert HO cars. All new individual photos of each car. It is the 1963 set Dispatcher. Only made this one year and it was the last year of Gilbert HO production.

1 First photo the locomotive, 0-6-0 Erie 31036. sold only in sets.

2 second is the Wabash stock car, 33009. it was not operating !

3 the Peabody open hopper car, 33215.

4 the Monon gondola car, 33119. sold only in this set.

5 the Illonios central flat car, 33558, It is missing its load. it was 2 bulkhead ends holding 2 silver canisters.

6 The Erie work caboose, 33626, a non operating version of the tie ejector car. sold only in this set.

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on February 25 2014 09:31:24 AM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - April 16 2015 :  08:24:52 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
I am going to celebrate here the being able to get a pair of Gilbert cars I didn't have yet. Dave, "ScaleCraft", had them, and surprised me by offering them to me. I couldn't think of a better place to post them here in our TYCO forum in a thread by a person, carfordken who has done the same for me often.
Dave told me they were from 1947 to 1950 putting them in the first group of trains Gilbert released using plastic. Before these all gilbert locos and cars were made of die-cast metal. Gilberts Hudson loco, passenger cars, reefer, tank car, gondola, and caboose were all made of metal. The two cars, one a depressed center flat car is metal with a transformer load. The caboose is a plastic car with a metal floor. The plastic body of the caboose is very shinny and hard. The color is cast in the plastic. The car is number 131. The flat car with load is number 129. It is a short car being around 30 scale feet long. A similar car is made by Marx in HO scale, also made of metal.
Well here are clear photos of both cars.

toptrain

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - April 16 2015 :  10:07:23 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
I have some Gilbert H0 track that my parents keep telling me to throw out. Should I? They won't let me sell anything.
-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - April 16 2015 :  10:34:08 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
** TO me Ho track is HO track. I am not fussy. I do run code 100 track . Also I have a lot of track.
frank

toptrain

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - April 16 2015 :  10:56:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
** TO me Ho track is HO track. I am not fussy. I do run code 100 track . Also I have a lot of track.
frank

Originally posted by toptrain - April 16 2015 :  10:34:08 AM

I guess so.

-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ScaleCraft
Big Six

Posted - April 17 2015 :  12:44:06 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ScaleCraft to Buddylist
quote:
frank

Originally posted by toptrain - April 16 2015 :  10:34:08 AM

I would tend to agree..to a point. I have boxes and boxes of brass rack..and switches...and more angles of crossovers I ever knew existed.
But:
There's plastic tie track...and then there is TruScale.
If I still had all our TruScale, I'd have a BIG Half 0 railroad.
Boy, did I like that stuff.
Dave
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 350  ~  Member Since: April 26 2013  ~  Last Visit: December 24 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - May 03 2015 :  6:46:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Today I got Gilbert Hudson #151. A 4-6-4 vertical shaft locomotive cab number 5318. There is a smoke unit in the tender of the piston type. This model was released with 2 different smoke units in the tender. The early one is a bellows pump type. The letter version is piston pump type.
Frank

toptrain

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - May 13 2015 :  5:45:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
506 Pennsylvania Railroad caboose. This number car came in 2 road names. Pennsylvania Railroad here and Reading photo posted here on 10-18-2012.
* It is odd that a car was issued with the same company number, and have two different road names.

Originally posted by toptrain - March 21 2013 :  08:16:49 AM

Yeah, me too. Maybe AC Gilbert thought it was transferred at some point between railroads?

-Steve

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - February 21 2016 :  3:34:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
At a train show today I got a ALCO Gilbert RSD-5 in demonstrator paint, #430. It isn't perfect but is the best I have owned.
Frank

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - February 21 2016 :  3:37:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Another photo I have ready to post is Chicago North Western reefers 520 and 33520.
The second one I got last weekend.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on February 21 2016 3:40:23 PM

bad71burb
Little Six

Posted - March 07 2016 :  9:42:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add bad71burb to Buddylist
I have a bunch of Gilbert HO I can add here. I'll take some more pics of my stuff in a day or two. Here's a recent find. NOS 446 Hudson and the matching whistle control, also NOS.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 159  ~  Member Since: January 18 2008  ~  Last Visit: January 15 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

bad71burb
Little Six

Posted - March 08 2016 :  12:33:17 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add bad71burb to Buddylist
Gilbert 33548 crane made by Tru Scale

425 Lackawanna B unit

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 159  ~  Member Since: January 18 2008  ~  Last Visit: January 15 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

bad71burb
Little Six

Posted - March 08 2016 :  12:36:57 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add bad71burb to Buddylist
Couple more tough ones...

bad71burb
Little Six

Posted - March 08 2016 :  12:43:47 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add bad71burb to Buddylist
Pikemaster versions of the N&W gondola and CB&Q hopper. Both very hard cars to find.

bad71burb
Little Six

Posted - March 08 2016 :  12:48:52 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add bad71burb to Buddylist
This one everyone should know. 1959 HO Frontiersman made by Tyco for Gilbert. I also have a custom painted combine to go with it... :-)

Edited by - bad71burb on March 08 2016 12:51:18 AM
Page: of 3 Previous Topic: A.C.Gilbert HO Scale trains Topic Next Topic: Garage Sale Find - 1949/50 4-6-2 #290 AF Steam  
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000