Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 19 ]  [ Total: 19 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Identification Station
 Mantua NYC Booster
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Tyco Set Inside Wood Set Box? Topic Next Topic: Mantua Copper Passenger Kits?  

Adams
Big Boy

Posted - January 11 2018 :  8:36:09 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Adams to Buddylist
Hello All, I just saw a pic of an old Mantua 0-4-0 in yellow livery lettered for New York Central. It seems to be original paint...does anyone have one or know about these? Were they possibly part of a set that included the yellow (orange- ish) maintenance-of-way cars? Thanks, Chris
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 874  ~  Member Since: October 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: June 09 2019 Alert Moderator 

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - January 12 2018 :  10:14:50 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
hi chris check this link out , from T-5906 "Minute Man" set (1959),ken
http://www.tycoforums.com/tyco/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7515

catfordken
if you cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel,try turning around

Edited by - catfordken on January 12 2018 10:16:14 AM
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mustangs_n_Trains
Big Boy

Mustang Man

Posted - January 12 2018 :  4:16:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mustangs_n_Trains to Buddylist
quote:
hi chris check this link out , from T-5906 "Minute Man" set (1959),ken
http://www.tycoforums.com/tyco/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7515

Originally posted by catfordken - January 12 2018 :  10:14:50 AM

I wish I had gotten to know Loopy better before he passed away. He seemed like a really nice guy.

Sean

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough!" - Mario Andretti!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1729  ~  Member Since: June 15 2011  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - January 12 2018 :  5:07:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:

I wish I had gotten to know Loopy better before he passed away. He seemed like a really nice guy.

Originally posted by Mustangs_n_Trains - January 12 2018 :  4:16:38 PM

yeah he was
he even mailed me a mess of Tyco trains too!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14691  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Adams
Big Boy

Posted - January 12 2018 :  9:07:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Adams to Buddylist
Thanks! I just picked one up on EBay. Mechanism needs some attention and there’s some paint chipping, but I think I can match it—-but the lettering is all intact. I wonder what the Minuteman set was...I think it would look good pulling my Mantua NYC bunk car, flat and gondola (all orange).
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 874  ~  Member Since: October 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: June 09 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Adams
Big Boy

Posted - January 12 2018 :  9:21:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Adams to Buddylist
Wow, looking at the ‘59 catalog, that’s what it was—loco, water flat, Derrick, gon, bunk—all in orange. The loco had a snowplow. However, the loco in the catalog was black—-maybe a pre-production photo?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 874  ~  Member Since: October 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: June 09 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - January 13 2018 :  11:13:42 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
agree sean busses a real helpful and knowledgeable guy
catfordken
if you cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel,try turning around
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - January 13 2018 :  12:54:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
Wow, looking at the ‘59 catalog, that’s what it was—loco, water flat, Derrick, gon, bunk—all in orange. The loco had a snowplow. However, the loco in the catalog was black—-maybe a pre-production photo?

Originally posted by Adams - January 12 2018 :  9:21:36 PM

I have all those in Union Pacific but the derrick & water containers are all missing from the flatcars
Have been since I acquired the set years ago
Don't have the loco or caboose
Which was a 4 wheel Bobber I believe
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14691  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Ricky Tanner
Switcher

MantuaAvatar

Posted - May 24 2018 :  3:48:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Ricky Tanner to Buddylist
quote:

Originally posted by Adams - January 12 2018 :  9:21:36 PM

The yellow/orange is correct. I've never seen a black one in the set so I think it was just a stand in for the catalog photograph. My advice is to not touch up the locomotive.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 40  ~  Member Since: May 23 2018  ~  Last Visit: July 05 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Tyco Set Inside Wood Set Box? Topic Next Topic: Mantua Copper Passenger Kits?  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000