Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 24 ]  [ Total: 24 ]  [ Newest Member: Yellow_TankCar ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Layouts - Construction and Operations
 Walt's 8X20 Basement Layout Trains/Slot Cars
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
Previous Page | Next Page
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Re-posted Subway Pike Topic Next Topic: More Auto Train
Page: of 19

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - September 02 2014 :  9:43:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Glenn, I have 4 tracks there with the 2 inch center. Two of the tracks will be mainline and the other two are gonna be long side tracks using turnouts, etc...

That's the plan if nothing forces a change..

This photo shows the other side of the layout where the main lines are heading under the bridge. One of the tracks will end there and the 4th track goes straight back, maybe a few turnouts on the end of it.... Hope that helps....

ALSO; I drilled and placed the last bunch of Tyco Fluorescent poles this morning... Not all have been wired yet. Total poles used along the 4 lanes... 82. I have a few unopened blister packs left..

Edited by - walt on October 11 2014 01:16:04 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - September 04 2014 :  9:42:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Have all 82 Fluorescent poles wired now. I have 1 working extra. Took 2 night pics, hope the larger one will load. The smaller pic is of the 15 foot 4 lane down the center... Where a most of the buildings will be... The larger pic is an overall view...

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - September 04 2014 :  9:55:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
Walt - somebody else mentioned this, but it's even more so in those pictures - looks just like a scene out of a plane window. Incredible!
http://tycodepot.com/
 Posts: 2451  ~  Member Since: April 11 2013  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - September 04 2014 :  10:37:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
That's lookin' pretty cool Walt! I imagine there's gonna be quite a bit of nighttime shenanigans happening on those city streets,,,
Glenn

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1486  ~  Member Since: December 13 2008  ~  Last Visit: April 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - September 04 2014 :  11:36:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Man that's awesome.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3324  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: May 12 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - September 05 2014 :  3:45:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
That looks outright stunning, Walt.
-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Barry
Big Boy

DRGWAvatar

Posted - September 05 2014 :  5:24:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Barry to Buddylist
Yeah! Airplanes! That is one fine set-up for some serious street racing.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2087  ~  Member Since: March 16 2013  ~  Last Visit: July 05 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - September 05 2014 :  8:24:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Jerry- Thank You! I've Never been in a plane at night...

Glenn, I would bet there will be some street racing going on here!

Eric- Thank You!

Stephen- Thank You !!

Barry- Thank You...

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - September 05 2014 :  10:36:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
quote:

Originally posted by walt - September 05 2014 :  8:24:35 PM

Well, except for the giant needle-nosed pliers laying on the ground, that's what it looks like coming in to an airport at night. You have really nailed the scene, Walt.

Posts: 2451  ~  Member Since: April 11 2013  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - September 06 2014 :  12:31:08 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
That's funny, Jerry! I didn't think anything would show up but the lights! The opposite corner is a real mess with many giant items!

ChessieRR
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - September 06 2014 :  10:28:32 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ChessieRR to Buddylist
quote:
quote:

Well, except for the giant needle-nosed pliers laying on the ground, that's what it looks like coming in to an airport at night. You have really nailed the scene, Walt.

Originally posted by JNXT 7707 - September 05 2014 :  10:36:56 PM

It might just be a sculpture, like these giant tools.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 332  ~  Member Since: February 24 2012  ~  Last Visit: January 26 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - September 06 2014 :  10:38:42 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
quote:
quote:

Originally posted by JNXT 7707 - September 05 2014 :  10:36:56 PM

It might just be a sculpture, like these giant tools.

Originally posted by ChessieRR - September 06 2014 :  10:28:32 AM

Where is that and why isn't it a national wonder yet?

-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."

Edited by - kovacste000 on September 06 2014 10:39:07 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Barry
Big Boy

DRGWAvatar

Posted - September 06 2014 :  1:06:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Barry to Buddylist
Yeah. Sculpture. Seems many airports decorate with sculpture; should be railroads as well. How about Union Station; sculpture there? I know that Jerry likes to plop a loaf pan down once in a while. Hey Jerry?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2087  ~  Member Since: March 16 2013  ~  Last Visit: July 05 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - September 06 2014 :  1:31:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
quote:
Yeah. Sculpture. Seems many airports decorate with sculpture; should be railroads as well. How about Union Station; sculpture there? I know that Jerry likes to plop a loaf pan down once in a while. Hey Jerry?

Originally posted by Barry - September 06 2014 :  1:06:14 PM

LOL! YES, the ubiquitous loaf pan - quick 'n' easy building stand-in, alcohol soaking tub for stripping shells, loose parts catch-all, and now.....SCULPTURE

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - September 12 2014 :  10:22:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Playing with the section and have buildings placed. Have a thin coat of mixed greens paint on some of it. There's 8 light ups here, two fluorescents, a traffic light, two small lights by the steps of the police station, a Tyco Mercury by the 7-11 and an old wooden pole light in front of the Freezee. Also an Expressway pole behind the Freezee... will drill a hole under each building incase I want to light that building... More painting and parking lots, etc to be added before some woodland scenics...

Edited by - walt on September 25 2014 11:24:59 PM

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 12 2014 :  11:44:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
looking gooood
Course I only want ONE Tyco Road/Rail Crossing from you, Walt

Traffic Lights I needs to find a few of someday
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14696  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 13 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - September 13 2014 :  9:12:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
I added a lighted coke billboard to the section shown. Behind the trees aimed towards the roadway.

MicroBen, I only have 4 spares and three are still on blister packs...

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - September 23 2014 :  10:05:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Went to the Hobby Lobby today just to see what they had in scenics. I found they had quite a bit of Woodland Scenics and another brand. I bought 4 bags today, one has 2 colors in it.... Then I have two sandwich bags with a little each...

Edited by - walt on September 23 2014 10:14:29 PM

Tyco Nut
Big Six

Posted - September 25 2014 :  04:10:45 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Tyco Nut to Buddylist
This is looking just OUTSTANDING. I like the nighttime "aerial views" and definitely how you've nailed the 80s look. It's funny how it used to be 50s, and MAYBE 60s were "old-time" - 70s and 80s when I grew up are now becoming pretty nostalgic. I've picked up a few ideas I want to incorporate in my layout as well.

LOVE the benchwork. No, you didn't go overboard. Trust me - I know overboard because I do it, and you're not overboard.

And I love how you're gracious and don't poo pooh other people's ideas or layouts. We all have what works for US - and that's good. I agree with you that we should just celebrate what we've got! Looking forward to more pictures - this is just phenomenal.

Starting my Tyco and other favorites collection over again after 37 years.
My still in progress list of inventory and wantlist: tyconut.com
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 396  ~  Member Since: November 02 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 14 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - September 25 2014 :  7:27:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Well Thank You, Tyco Nut! For the kind words...

The bench work, I had to do the 2X4s.. I've spent a lot of time sitting, squatting, and climbing on these tabletops...

As for others and their layouts...Many has offered me advice on here and nearly all of them know more about trains than I do... Building this has been fun with a hint of a few nightmares...

Celebrate what we have is true. The dream and plans for this layout was stored in boxes for over 14 years... until I was blessed with room to build even larger than what was planned. Plans were 8x12...

Earlier this summer I passed by our basement windows with the riding mower and sprayed them with a damp grassy mess... I was thinking to myself, Darn it!, I'm gonna be cleaning these windows every time I mow! But the next week I changed my tune... IT'S now, thank God that I have this wonderful basement with windows that I have to clean!

Edited by - walt on September 25 2014 11:34:43 PM

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - September 27 2014 :  8:00:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Still workin" a little on this section when I have time. Can't seem to get much done the last few weeks. I think I will have 12 lights on this 6 square foot area when finished, 15 if I light all 3 buildings... Still want to add white lines to the parking spaces on all of the blacktop lots... Some parking lots will be detailed with yellow lines. Since taking picture I have filed the entrances & exits down to the level of the track

Each grass area has at least 4 different woodland products mixed together. Behind the 7-11 is woodland gravel with some that has been carried out onto the blacktop. Going to add more colors and detail to the gravel area... Still have many hours to put into this section adding details. Also have some Woodland Scenics flowers, weeds & bushes I may add...

Edited by - walt on October 11 2014 12:05:50 AM

Tyco Nut
Big Six

Posted - October 11 2014 :  1:43:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Tyco Nut to Buddylist
I love the buildings! I'm going to start looking for narrower, deeper buildings, as I realize I want to cram a LOT into my layout, and can do it better with narrow buildings. Just love the progress you're making on this! It's inspiring me to get my layout up by my birthday next spring.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 396  ~  Member Since: November 02 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 14 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - October 12 2014 :  8:59:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Thank You, Tyco Nut. I hope you can get your layout started soon. I never put a time line on mine to be finished and I'm glad I didn't..

I read this whole thread a few nights ago and noticed I had failed to reply to a couple of comments. I apologize to those I have missed. I appreciate all of you who take time to comment on my project...

I hope to get the pictured section done and mounted by next weekend.

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - October 15 2014 :  3:04:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Got a bit more detail done such as some of the parking lines down.

Barry
Big Boy

DRGWAvatar

Posted - October 15 2014 :  11:52:55 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Barry to Buddylist
Looks to me like you are a qualified parking lot striper Walt. Nice and tidy and straight.

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - October 16 2014 :  06:46:23 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
Looking GREAT. Barry's right, you do some excellent striping. And the slot cars seem to work scale-wise too.

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - October 16 2014 :  12:43:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
So Walt, care to share your method of line striping? The scene is looking great!
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3324  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: May 12 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

khendri
Switcher

Posted - October 16 2014 :  12:55:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add khendri to Buddylist
I want to sort of do the same thing but I have 2 slot car tracks an, Eldon large scale, hoping to use this with my 027 and 0 gauge train on a lower level with Aurora /AFX HO cars on a higher level, trying to make the layout look like the HO stuff is in the distance. I'm not nearly as far along as you are, I will be watching your progress with great interest.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 10  ~  Member Since: February 20 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 02 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - October 16 2014 :  4:48:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Barry & Jerry... Thank you for the nice comments!

Eric, I used 1/16 automotive Pro-Stripe. The yellow stripes are "painted" white stripe. It's the small stripe on the common double stripe roll. The flat black parking lots have the slightly un-smooth finish of flats, leaving painting the lines even harder than normal. The tape stripe is a trial and error test that may not stick to the Matt finish. So far it's stuck really well.

Kevin, Thank You and enjoy working on your layout(s)!

Edited by - walt on October 16 2014 4:59:47 PM

Tyco Nut
Big Six

Posted - October 17 2014 :  3:03:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Tyco Nut to Buddylist
You can always dullcote over the parking lot to keep the lines down too. It can be hard with paint to keep it straight - love the idea of the striping.

I like the "sculpture" of full-sized items in the layout as referenced above. The hardware store where I live has a giant rocking chair about 10-12 feet high. It makes adults look like kids and kids look like the size of peas. It's great. I'm going to model some things like this in my layout.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierson_Building_Center_giant_hammer

I remember when they put in "The Big Hammer" where I used to live. My layout is going to be a tribute to things in my life, so I'm going to have about an "O" scale rocking chair in the foyer of the hardware store, and a 4-5" hammer would be scale for "The Big Hammer." I used to shop there - and my layout needs a hardware store, so there you go! I can put the best of things in from a few hardware stores from my life.

I get some of the best ideas from this thread!

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - October 17 2014 :  9:03:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
quote:
You can always dullcote over the parking lot to keep the lines down too. It can be hard with paint to keep it straight - love the idea of the striping.

I like the "sculpture" of full-sized items in the layout as referenced above. The hardware store where I live has a giant rocking chair about 10-12 feet high. It makes adults look like kids and kids look like the size of peas. It's great. I'm going to model some things like this in my layout.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierson_Building_Center_giant_hammer

I remember when they put in "The Big Hammer" where I used to live. My layout is going to be a tribute to things in my life, so I'm going to have about an "O" scale rocking chair in the foyer of the hardware store, and a 4-5" hammer would be scale for "The Big Hammer." I used to shop there - and my layout needs a hardware store, so there you go! I can put the best of things in from a few hardware stores from my life.

I get some of the best ideas from this thread!

Originally posted by Tyco Nut - October 17 2014 :  3:03:24 PM

Yes Tyco Nut, I had the dullcote in mind... The tape stripe idea is good but still a bit hard to get in place since dealing with a 3 or 4 inch piece and trying not to handle it too much so it will stick...

I like your "tribute" idea... of the things in your life. My layout is basically a tribute too, towards the layout I had as a teen. My layout is made up of all the Tyco, Life-Like and a few AHM pieces I had back then... Then adding all the pieces I WISHED I could have had back then and the clean space for them!

Should be fun to see what kind of neat stuff you come up with, Tyco Nut...

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - October 18 2014 :  4:23:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Trying lights in some buildings this morning and the Life-like Cabinet factory is close to perfect right out of the box. Just a couple of tiny modifications on this one. No light showing thru walls, roof, etc... And the light inside is a little to bright. I like this one!. The 7-Up building is another good one lighted!

Edited by - walt on October 18 2014 5:40:17 PM

Barry
Big Boy

DRGWAvatar

Posted - October 18 2014 :  11:31:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Barry to Buddylist
Cool.

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - October 23 2014 :  11:43:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
I set the section in the opening tonight just to get an idea of what I have so far. Have not screwed it down yet. I believe it is sitting a fraction higher than it will once the screws are in... I removed all the light poles for drilling holes on thru the bench surface...
The tape stripes seem to be stuck really well.

Edited by - walt on October 24 2014 10:48:55 AM

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - October 24 2014 :  12:37:11 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
That section looks really good next to the slot track, and the yellow curbs are a really nice touch!
Glenn

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1486  ~  Member Since: December 13 2008  ~  Last Visit: April 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - October 27 2014 :  12:07:33 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Thanks, Glenn... There's a couple of street lights that go there in front of the police station. I figure if I can get the scenic grasses, concrete or black top details on the sections. I can always add trees, bushes, people, etc...at a later time.
Edited by - walt on October 27 2014 12:16:34 PM

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - October 27 2014 :  7:12:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
I screwed this section down this morning. Will add the lights etc soon...

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 27 2014 :  7:44:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
hey, Walt Check this out!
http://www.starherald.com/entertainment/slot-car-racing-sees-a-local-revival/article_be9a2f36-7296-518b-beaf-bdfaae35212e.html
ok its the bigger slot cars but still cool
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14696  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 13 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - October 27 2014 :  10:08:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Really cool, Ben! Glad you posted that...

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - October 27 2014 :  10:11:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
Looking pretty good, man. I love the scenery you put around the buildings. It really makes it pop.
-Steve

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - October 28 2014 :  2:27:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist
Very nice Walt. The scene looks very realistic and well done. Thanks for sharing.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5960  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: May 13 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - October 29 2014 :  9:05:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Thank You, Stephen and Richard...

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 29 2014 :  9:43:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
yeah uber cool, walt
Will look for these buildings MINUS the Freezee at train show

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - October 29 2014 :  9:57:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
Thank You, Stephen and Richard...

Originally posted by walt - October 29 2014 :  9:05:03 PM

You're welcome, Walt.

-Steve

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - November 01 2014 :  01:54:21 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Wanted to add a rear view photo . Still have not put the light poles on.

Edited by - walt on November 01 2014 02:04:59 AM

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - November 01 2014 :  02:12:34 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Thinking about the section I will work on next. At this time I plan on only 2 buildings here. The Tyco 7-UP and Life-Like Cabinet Company. On this section the parking lots will be concrete. Been thinking about building placement to begin with... Sorry the photo is horrible and the board is not sitting down in the opening well (a little warped) Just had the idea of using the Tyco Truck Terminal kit instead of the Cabinet company that sits in the pic. I need an area to display some of my 113 Tyco piggybacks at times.

Edited by - walt on November 01 2014 02:39:24 AM

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - November 01 2014 :  5:30:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
quote:
...I need an area to display some of my 113 Tyco piggybacks at times.

Originally posted by walt - November 01 2014 :  02:12:34 AM

That reminds me of the Wal-Mart distribution center just north of Pageland, SC with trailer after trailer after trailer lined up...that would look pretty cool on a layout!

Glenn

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - November 05 2014 :  11:26:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist

Originally posted by walt - November 01 2014 :  02:12:34 AM

[/quote]
That reminds me of the Wal-Mart distribution center just north of Pageland, SC with trailer after trailer after trailer lined up...that would look pretty cool on a layout!

Originally posted by gmoney - November 01 2014 :  5:30:53 PM

[/quote]

I agree, Glenn... After much study I have decided to work on this section with the 7-UP & Cabinet company. But I will put the Tyco Truck Terminal right across the 4 lane where there is room for more trucks and direct access to the railroad where I can use a piggyback terminal ramp in the scene too...

It's funny at different times during the day & night I find myself thinking about what to put where, and sometimes go to the basement and move things around, etc.. I just don't want to throw this layout together...!

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - November 12 2014 :  9:22:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
After thinking about this way too much. I believe that this next section will be these 3 buildings. Planning a neat addition to the machine shop. Leaving room for some trucks at the 7-UP company and this area will be mostly concrete... Truck terminal with many trucks will be straight across the 4 lane...

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - November 12 2014 :  9:27:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
quote:

It's funny at different times during the day & night I find myself thinking about what to put where, and sometimes go to the basement and move things around, etc.. I just don't want to throw this layout together...!

Originally posted by walt - November 05 2014 :  11:26:51 PM

That's time well spent, Walt. I guess you can do that too long too, but it's a lot easier to move those buildings now than later!

Page: of 19 Previous Topic: Re-posted Subway Pike Topic Next Topic: More Auto Train  
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.69 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000