Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 11 ]  [ Total: 11 ]  [ Newest Member: Yellow_TankCar ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 Train show and flea market and other finds.
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
Previous Page | Next Page
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Tour the Mantua factory in 1948 Topic Next Topic: crazy but cool video
Page: of 21

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - February 11 2018 :  4:48:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Nice finds, toptrain! Congratulations!!
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

PRR 4800
Big Boy

MantuaShifterAvatar

Posted - February 11 2018 :  5:58:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add PRR 4800 to Buddylist
Toptrain: Your unknown 2 bay covered hopper is the Megow Cement Car kit from around 1940 and was the first covered hopper ever offered in HO scale. I collect early Megow cars like that and I'm jealous I've found only one other one, painted N&W.
--CRC
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 930  ~  Member Since: January 25 2012  ~  Last Visit: August 23 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Brian4321
Hudson

Gilbert HO

Posted - February 11 2018 :  9:53:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brian4321 to Buddylist
Nice haul, toptrain, especially the two Gilberts,
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 512  ~  Member Since: February 18 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 11 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - February 12 2018 :  04:05:33 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
quote:
Toptrain: Your unknown 2 bay covered hopper is the Megow Cement Car kit from around 1940 and was the first covered hopper ever offered in HO scale. I collect early Megow cars like that and I'm jealous I've found only one other one, painted N&W.

Originally posted by PRR 4800 - February 11 2018 :  5:58:51 PM

Hey Connor, Thanks for that info on the covered hopper. It fits the time period and the type of construction. It also says Megow on the bottom. Now if I can just clean it up and make it look OK. It is on my workbench but has some other stuff in front of it. It will have to wait its turn.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!

Edited by - toptrain on February 13 2018 06:01:48 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - March 05 2018 :  08:35:22 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Mother Seaton Train Show, Clark NJ. 03-04-2018.
I attended this show. It is a yearly one, run by the Jersey Central Historical Society of which I am a member. I really enjoyed it for I roamed around all day there. Pete showed up in the morning and Richard wks in the afternoon. As always I found some trains there. Here is my list. You will see i was very frugal in the cost of my purchases.
* About the Station; I thought it was HO. I was having trouble with my glasses and really couldn't read the print of the box. It was in a stack of 5 other kits, all HO. So now I have a 10 dollar N gauge station I can't use except for a station atop a hill in the distance.

*** 3-4-2018 Clark NJ, Mother Seaton train show
Aquired at train show.
Model rectifier Co. F7a PRR #9833 20.
Fleischmann 1366 pacific loco, with no tender, only 10. Looks very good!
Bachmann Thomas 0-6-0t #1 5.
Bach. Annie and Clarabel.annie needs a roof and the whole set a good cleaning. 1. each
Train Minature Rutland box car 2.
Gilbert covered hopper #510 Monon. 1.
UNknown newer UP PFE reefer PFE 20072. 2.
UNk new type tank car GATX-5072 2. (maybe Walters)
Wood kit built (maybe Red Ball), NWRR reefer NWX 1039 2.
4 matchbox type vehicles. .50 each, 2 forklifts, road roller, Can-Am racer.
Building kit Walters Willow Grove Bridge ( built-up) 5.
Building kit made by " N Scale Architect " C of NJ RR standard 2 story station. 10.

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on March 05 2018 11:37:25 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - March 05 2018 :  7:22:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Excellent finds, Frank - congratulations! I love that Model Rectifier Pennsy F7A!

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - March 05 2018 :  7:36:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Nice items you bought Frank. Great time talking to you about trains.

Photos from my trip to New Jersey yesterday. Great to see Frank at the show.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5977  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: May 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - March 05 2018 :  7:40:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist
Items I got at that show.

Edited by - toptrain on March 06 2018 12:27:40 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5977  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: May 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - March 05 2018 :  7:50:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Congratulations, wks, on some nice finds as well!

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - March 09 2018 :  8:43:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
** Shoutin-out- - Hey Wks, Richie this Sat and Sunday is the Great American train show at Edison. It only comes once every 4 years. The manufacturers get booths for this show. You'll get to see their present train line, and maybe some of what they will be bringing pout. Railspec got a booth with 3 tables so I'll get some space and put some locos out in it. Just got to get there early Sat morning to help set up Charlie's stuff on Saturday. I got to leave just before lunch and return on Sunday afternoon to finish the show and help pack up Charlie's stuff. I will have your aerotrain loco dummy with me if you show up. You already said you might be at Wayne on the 3-25-18. Whichever you can make, your train will be there.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on March 09 2018 8:51:42 PM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - March 16 2018 :  8:29:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Today I added three kit built cars to my collection of trains. None are completely built. I have a Central valley kit for a Philadelphia and Reading early refrigerator car, a Red Ball 200 ton crane car ( all metal ), and an Ambroid open platform Passenger coach. All have had work done on them. Only the P&R refer is close to done. It still needs its trucks put on, and its couplers mounted. The Red Ball crane needs a lot of work. The Ambroid passenger car is not complete. So all need work. The Central Valley reefer is closest to being done.
Here is a look at the boxes.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on March 16 2018 8:46:47 PM

RealBnsfIA
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - March 16 2018 :  9:42:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RealBnsfIA to Buddylist
Nice ones toptrain!
Today I took a gamble at the local flea market and found these!

The Mikado was only 30 bucks, got it home and cleaned it. Runs like a swiss watch!
The AHM lights were only 3 bucks a pop
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 241  ~  Member Since: October 02 2017  ~  Last Visit: March 31 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - March 16 2018 :  10:32:12 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Nice finds Frank and BnsfIA! Congrats!

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - March 17 2018 :  05:34:38 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
** Dave, the mike, tank cars, and the signals all look to be in very good condition.

* Bob thanks for the good words.

frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on March 17 2018 05:35:08 AM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - March 17 2018 :  06:14:37 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
I didn't forget I just did not get to resizing the photos from the March 10 and 11 Edison train show.
So here they are.
First, as I said train manufactures would be there. Bachmann had a very large booth. here are some photos of their displays.

These were just the Bachmann displays.

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - March 17 2018 :  06:28:07 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Some more manufacturers that were there.

Walters and beyond is Mikes train House.

Bowser

Atlas

Athearn

Marklin

PIKO - And the kids really liked and played here with the display trains

There were others and many dealers selling trains.

Train world was there.

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on March 17 2018 06:35:43 AM

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 17 2018 :  12:20:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
kool
it looks to be official that Bachmann has DCed all Chuggington
darn
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14696  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - March 17 2018 :  3:59:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Awesome pics!

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - March 17 2018 :  6:35:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
Gotta post mine as well the Thomas layoput was nice as was the Woodland Scenics simulated lightning strike
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: May 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - March 17 2018 :  11:00:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
Gonna try this again

MY Pics from Edison

The Entrance

where to start?

There was a Thomas Ride and the line to wait was LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG

There was three LEGO layoyouts like this one

Lots to see here
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: May 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - March 17 2018 :  11:04:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Whoa - nice pics thesiding! Those Lego Layouts are AWESOME *Turns into Grabby Paws*

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - March 17 2018 :  11:16:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
AND EVEN MORE!!!!!!

The Athearn Table

Lionel

With Lenny The Lion

Could have bought this...........

Think he wanted 50.00

Or this n Gauge layout

Think the trains came with it

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - March 17 2018 :  11:50:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
I should mention that during this show I discovered I had to delete photos top take vids Also a chocolate expo was also at the expo hall the cowboy kid from the Willy Wonka Film was there as well. At that point slung my camera to go on chocolate binge was not cheap

BUT PLENTY more at train show
Marklin booth was a bit disapointing

Bachmann Williams

Three display layouts including a Thomas Themed one

Nicer Displays then the
Toy Fair

MTH Layout with all scales

And a longer version of the LEGO Train I have

And an impressive S gauge layout

An d on the trip home saw two iconic RR bridges

Long day BUT worth it

And as sated by previous poster many a child was playing with MANY a train

Might just have a future Model Railroading

Got videos to edit now

Edited by - thesiding on March 17 2018 11:53:17 PM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - March 18 2018 :  06:39:43 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Hello J, Nice to see we both attended the same train show. I liked this show a lot. This was not a regular train show because of all the Manufactures booths, and so very many people, families attending. There was a lot to see and that is for sure. Maybe someday we'll bump into each other.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on March 19 2018 07:20:18 AM

PRR 4800
Big Boy

MantuaShifterAvatar

Posted - March 19 2018 :  01:43:16 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add PRR 4800 to Buddylist
quote:
Today I added three kit built cars to my collection of trains. None are completely built. I have a Central valley kit for a Philadelphia and Reading early refrigerator car, a Red Ball 200 ton crane car ( all metal ), and an Ambroid open platform Passenger coach. All have had work done on them. Only the P&R refer is close to done. It still needs its trucks put on, and its couplers mounted. The Red Ball crane needs a lot of work. The Ambroid passenger car is not complete. So all need work. The Central Valley reefer is closest to being done.
Originally posted by toptrain - March 16 2018 :  8:29:08 PM

Oh boy. I have that Reading old-timer reefer, built, and the Red Ball crane as well, dismantled in a box... All I can say about that crane is... GOOD LUCK!! You will need it to make that thing whole again!

--CRC
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 930  ~  Member Since: January 25 2012  ~  Last Visit: August 23 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

oldtimer52
Big Boy

0ldtime

Posted - March 23 2018 :  1:26:12 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add oldtimer52 to Buddylist
Just won this Mantua Confederate 4-4-0 on eBay for $35.00. It even has a smoke unit
installed. It was a real surprise for this price and it is complete to boot!

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 865  ~  Member Since: September 23 2014  ~  Last Visit: May 01 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - March 25 2018 :  2:10:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Nice find old timer. Good price too.
frank

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - March 25 2018 :  2:14:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
*** I got to the Wayne train show today and got some stuff.

here is a group photo of the igots.

Here is a list of what i think they are.
frank

Wayne train show 3-25-2018

1 Green Giant Train Set, by MARX, control house, and track.20. Everything else 15.
2 Wood Express Reefer. Dennis-Menace Rail Road made by ?( Ambroid, Main Line)
3 Mantua reefer custom painted for CNJ, blue.
4 model power marx type red bay window caboose.
5 Marx Allstate tank car.
6 Mark wells fargo box car.
7 Mantua DT&I operating hopper car.
8 Athearn 40’ double door box car KC&Southern RR.
9 Life Like Reading caboose.

toptrain

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - March 26 2018 :  07:48:58 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
NICE Finds, Frank - Congrats!!!

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 26 2018 :  08:33:14 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
what is the building & who made the Cooper-Jarret trailer?
that one looks familiar

* Ben, it is made by Yatming in Hong Kong. I have a similar one ShopRite made by Majorette, France.
frank

Edited by - toptrain on March 27 2018 4:30:09 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14696  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

PRR 4800
Big Boy

MantuaShifterAvatar

Posted - March 26 2018 :  4:52:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add PRR 4800 to Buddylist
I believe your KCS 40' auto boxcar is the original Globe kit. Nice find! I have the PRR version.

--CRC
Edited by - toptrain on March 27 2018 4:36:27 PM

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - March 31 2018 :  6:42:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
Her are some recent purchases going up for sale shortly

These two Gilberts HAVE boxes

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 06 2018 :  9:20:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Don't think I've ever seen any model of the Clinchfield ever. Very nice.

I swore up and down that I was only accompanying Jimmy to buy this:

and ended up with this:

I assembled the PC hi cube from a box of broken parts, and the Rail Box was vintage
Tyco, now I have 5. I WILL stop there with the Rail Box. Maybe.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11211  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 06 2018 :  10:00:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
cool
that the other Weenie Whistle I have

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - April 06 2018 :  10:01:55 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Nice finds thesiding and Chops!! Congrats!

Chops, if you end up not wanting that green Linde box car.... Just kidding, I already have 1, but weathered. I miss it in its original, unweathered, appearance.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 08 2018 :  12:51:21 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Well, it is my second, and I bought it on impulse, let me sleep on it,
I was going to hook up the two Linde's with three orange Hooker
Chemical tank cars for an interesting little train.

And oh heck, I went to Riudoso, NM with Jimmy today, Waylon
Jennings blasting nonstop with the Husky dog in the back seat
and paid a visit to the The Train Store. Found a mint, NOS
Tyco Rail Box. #6 in my collection. I tried, and tried to
walk away, but snatched it and a Life Like CNJ gondola.
Also a Plasticville movie theatre.

Jimmy slammed down the green on a ATSF Blue Goose Hudson, NIB,
and a couple of used cars ranging from Tyco to Athearn.

I call the phenomenon of Tyco cross-over, Tycofusion.

I have the idea that Tyco started the silk screening process that
gave us so many wonderful plastic Billboard Cars (I own like 50 +),
but Life Like (formerly Varney), Bachmann, and even Athearn
came and made some really fine Bill Boards. I have an
AHM Polaroid, and maybe a this or a that.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11211  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - April 08 2018 :  10:49:03 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
*** Good Morning Everyone! What a beautiful day' but it will be again February, for it is still here in the northeast. We are promised another windy cold day that won't be warmer than 45 degrees. Boy is it sunny outside, but not warm! Whatever happened to global warming. It sure isn't warm. Spring is late!
* Well today I can report the finding of one train at the Carlstad NJ train show yesterday, only one. The place was loaded with trains just a lot more tables full of Lionel and Flyer and not scale trains. My find yesterday is Harry. He is a 0-6-0t saddle tank locomotive. He's a red and black one. Trains like people come in many beautiful colors and sizes. He is a Hornby loco made in that country where they make them now. A place I wish they weren't made in. So here is Harry alongside another Hornby GWR 2744, 0-6-0t. It was made in Great Britain, new Hornby ones are made in CHINA.

Here are the 2 0-6-0t together.

Now Great Western 2744, of Great Britain and "RED HARRY" of "RED CHINA" are seen side by side. Only in a picture of toys are they.

frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on April 10 2018 07:34:27 AM

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - April 08 2018 :  11:10:06 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Nice find Frank. Had a great time talking to you and your friends at that show.

A few more photos to upload later. Phone very slow.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 08 2018 :  12:33:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
That GW is the cheez. Not many models of that early type, what
with the open cab. Agreed, I'd rather pay more than support that
place that pays its employees $3 a day.

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - April 08 2018 :  2:55:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
quote:
That GW is the cheez. Not many models of that early type, what
with the open cab. Agreed, I'd rather pay more than support that
place that pays its employees $3 a day.

Originally posted by Chops124 - April 08 2018 :  12:33:43 PM

* Had an idea and lost it.

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on April 08 2018 8:35:05 PM

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - April 08 2018 :  7:18:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Nice finds, guys!! Congrats!

oldtimer52
Big Boy

0ldtime

Posted - April 09 2018 :  09:37:39 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add oldtimer52 to Buddylist
Found on eBay for 15.00.

I actually got it as a "buy it now" and snatched it quick because of the 2 sharks.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 865  ~  Member Since: September 23 2014  ~  Last Visit: May 01 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 09 2018 :  11:20:54 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
B&M bow tie- awfully nice catch. Is that a custom paint job?

oldtimer52
Big Boy

0ldtime

Posted - April 09 2018 :  1:02:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add oldtimer52 to Buddylist
As far as I know it is. I don't think that Mantua/Tyco ever made one with that scheme on it.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - April 09 2018 :  4:56:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
quote:
As far as I know it is. I don't think that Mantua/Tyco ever made one with that scheme on it.

Originally posted by oldtimer52 - April 09 2018 :  1:02:23 PM

Nice finds - Congratulations!!! Except those Sharks are definitely not Tyco's.....They are Model Power/Roco for sure.

Edited by - RP model railroads on April 09 2018 4:58:02 PM

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 09 2018 :  5:36:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I'd like the Shell tanker & log trailer, Greyhound bus & Mail Jeeps
Plus the crossing signal please

great finds

Brian4321
Hudson

Gilbert HO

Posted - April 15 2018 :  10:27:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brian4321 to Buddylist
I was at the Timonium MD train show this weekend and found a few items I didn't buy this one, but thought it was neat and looked very similar to one that that I've seen somewhere on this forum. Tried doing a search, but got a database error, so apologies for not being able to identify who had the layout.

The transformer has "Aurora" on it, but I'm not sure if this is an Aurora set.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 512  ~  Member Since: February 18 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 11 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 16 2018 :  09:39:36 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
I was at the Timonium MD train show this weekend and found a few items I didn't buy this one, but thought it was neat and looked very similar to one that that I've seen somewhere on this forum. Tried doing a search, but got a database error, so apologies for not being able to identify who had the layout.

The transformer has "Aurora" on it, but I'm not sure if this is an Aurora set.

Originally posted by Brian4321 - April 15 2018 :  10:27:10 PM

It IS by Aurora!
& called a Postage Stamp Bus System!
https://neet-stuff.myshopify.com/products/1968-aurora-slot-car-postage-stamp-greyhound-bus-system-faller-model-railroad-tain-accessory
if it was less that what that one is listed for You shoulda got it!

Edited by - microbusss on April 16 2018 09:40:45 AM

Brian4321
Hudson

Gilbert HO

Posted - April 16 2018 :  6:43:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brian4321 to Buddylist
Ouch. Hindsight is 20-20.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 17 2018 :  02:12:14 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I went looking about on Google for it, but until you posted
this I had no idea what I was looking for, so thank you!!!
But wait a sec...is this N scale?

Ah ha! A post by AMC_Gremlin, aka Jerry.
http://www.tycoforums.com/tyco/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17437

Most intrigued by this post, I am moving my discussion over to The Pit,
which has been dormant for a while.

Edited by - Chops124 on April 17 2018 11:57:09 AM
Page: of 21 Previous Topic: Tour the Mantua factory in 1948 Topic Next Topic: crazy but cool video  
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.86 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000