Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 10 ]  [ Total: 10 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 HO Scale Slot Cars
 The Grand Stand
 Aurora Postage Stamp N gauge Trolley bus
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Slip, sliding away... Topic Next Topic: HO Scale race track buildings  

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - September 11 2016 :  11:13:25 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Among the rarities of slot car stuff is this Aurora N gauge bus system, I just picked up a set with some accessorie track at a flea market on saturday. This isn't all of it, it's enough to to a double lane loop. There is more track not pictured. I wound up paying about $80 for what's pictured and the accessory tracks, searching Ebay, the accessory packs are selling for over $20 each, and I got about 6 or 7 of those, too.
I took this set into my train shop today, and got the little bus running. I'd always wondered if the slot cars could be geared down to run at non-hyper speeds, and apparently they CAN be. I'll have to take the shell off the bus and take some pictures.
Anyway, once cleaned up some, and adjusting the contact shoes, it ran around the little track ok. I also bought an entire elevated double-track Kato system, thinking of combining these two, the bus and the train set-up, on a single layout board. Maybe a 3 x 4, dunno. Anyway, I will take more pictures later of the bus system, this is the only one I have for now.

Jerry in VA

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator 

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 12 2016 :  10:27:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
pix of the bus only please
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - September 15 2016 :  10:07:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:
pix of the bus only please

Originally posted by microbusss - September 12 2016 :  10:27:10 PM

Slot bigot! LOL "just" the bus. Ok. Here it is.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Slip, sliding away... Topic Next Topic: HO Scale race track buildings  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.53 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000