Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 16 ]  [ Total: 16 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 Out takes from Chops' Studio
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Funny, Crazy, Or Expensive Auctions Topic Next Topic: Need help with Tech 2 loco - motion 2500  

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 31 2017 :  01:21:57 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Still experimenting with basic Filamora. In some ways easier, in others more annoying.
Still, no more annoying than this:
https://youtu.be/vz29oPLEjn4
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator 

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 31 2017 :  01:39:33 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
says blocked

ok NOW it works grrrr

Edited by - microbusss on October 31 2017 01:43:50 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 31 2017 :  11:03:15 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
quote:
says blocked

ok NOW it works grrrr

Originally posted by microbusss - October 31 2017 :  01:39:33 AM

Is anyone else having trouble opening this? I am fooling around with this
new video website.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 31 2017 :  11:19:05 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
quote:
says blocked

ok NOW it works grrrr

Originally posted by microbusss - October 31 2017 :  01:39:33 AM

Here is the same video, with a sound track I randomly grabbed off Youtube.
https://youtu.be/52odFqzYTQs
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Localoid
Switcher

Posted - October 31 2017 :  12:30:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Localoid to Buddylist
quote:
Is anyone else having trouble opening this? I am fooling around with this
new video website.

Originally posted by Chops124 - October 31 2017 :  11:03:15 AM

The first link won't open for me -- I get this message: "This video contains content from Warner Chappell, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

However, I _can_ view the video at the second link you posted. Nice video!

Myself, I'm happy to just hear train sounds in videos, but, if you like a soundtrack, YouTube does have a bunch of royality free music clips you can use on videos available here: https://www.youtube.com/audiolibrary/music

You can also check the copyright status policies of a lot of the popular "commercial" songs via the link at the top of that URL, which leads to a page where you can look up the particulars of use, e.g., if there are conditions under which you can use the song in your videos, or use a "cover" version, etc.

Here's that URL: https://www.youtube.com/audiolibrary/music

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 18  ~  Member Since: October 10 2017  ~  Last Visit: November 08 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redwoods
Big Boy

NWPAvatar

Posted - October 31 2017 :  12:54:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redwoods to Buddylist
Nicely done! I like those RDCs

Another source of royalty free music is https://incompetech.com/music/. I've used many soundtracks from them and never had a problem posting to YouTube or Facebook.

- Thomas
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1083  ~  Member Since: July 07 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 31 2017 :  1:55:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Thanx!

Will give it a try! Ever since Youtube got rid of its video editor,
it has become increasingly difficult to add their own sound tracks. Says
something about not supported, etc. and wants me to go into yet
another domain.

Localoid
Switcher

Posted - October 31 2017 :  3:29:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Localoid to Buddylist
@Chops124

You should be able to download the royalty free songs from YouTube as MP3 files, then import them via your video editing software, adding them to your video. I think the site @Redwoods mentioned also can be downloaded as MP3s, so you should be able to use the same technique (of downloading then importing). Google "royalty free music for videos" and you should find bunches of sites offering songs that can be freely used.

Some folks find many of the free, royalty free songs don't tickle their eardrums the same way that the commercial songs they've come to love do. Luckily, there's a lot of commercial songs you can use, if you do a brief bit of research and then adhere to the usage guidelines.

For example, go to that 2nd link I posted my last message and search for "City of New Orleans" and (currently at least) you'll find that you can use many artists' recordings of that song, i.e., Arlo Guthrie and Willie Nelson versions both can be used as long as you don't request to run ads on your video at YouTube.

In other words, you can't monetize your video (since you're using someone's intellectual property) but since the owner says it's OK (currently at least) to use it (if you're not making money off it), then you can use it. But be aware that what probably will happen is that YouTube "robot" worker will find you've used the song, then the music publisher will be notified, and then ads will start showing up on your video that said music publisher will reap monetary benefits from. Also, if sometime in the future, the music publisher changes its mind, the "deal may be off" meaning YouTube will probably flag your video, etc.

Of course, to use "City of New Orleans" you'd need possession of a legal copy of the song, in a format you could import into a track in your video editing software. (The YouTube link to songs copyright policies doesn't give you a link to download the song, in other words.)

Edited by - Localoid on October 31 2017 5:53:37 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 18  ~  Member Since: October 10 2017  ~  Last Visit: November 08 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 31 2017 :  4:09:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Chops, another resource for a royalty-free music site, that I use: https://www.bensound.com/ The tracks are stellar!
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 11 2017 :  5:59:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I tried bensound on my last video, it worked well, thanks for tip!

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 11 2017 :  6:02:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
You're welcome!
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - February 17 2023 :  1:47:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Originally posted by Chops124 on October 31 2017.

Blast from the past.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5877  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - June 08 2023 :  7:50:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Hopefully you will have more cool videos to share Jeff.
I know you have been busy. Cool trips you have taken in May and June.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5877  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Funny, Crazy, Or Expensive Auctions Topic Next Topic: Need help with Tech 2 loco - motion 2500  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000