Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 12 ]  [ Total: 12 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 Athearn Motive Power & Rolling Stock.
 Athearn Hustler Collector???
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
Next Page
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Athearn Drop Blue Box Rant Thread Topic Next Topic: Mantua 4-6-2 Camelback
Page: of 2

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - January 07 2007 :  5:46:23 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Hey Guys:

Just out of curiosity are there any other bon-fide members of the Athearn Hustler Collecting Cult!!!???[Yes!] [Yes!] [Yes!] [Yes!] [Yes!]

Just wanted to ask. I have 4 currently. Planning to MU two back to back with a coupling to wire the two motors in Series and allow 8 wheel drive/pick-up! They will be regeared with Ernst regear/flywheel kits. Mybe repower we'll see.

Cheers,
Gareth

Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator 

Ray Marinaccio
Big Boy

RayAvatar

Posted - January 09 2007 :  12:54:39 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Ray Marinaccio to Buddylist
I have a few. 2 are stock, 2 are regeared and have kitbashed shells and I also have a couple of Lionel Huskies.
I have a few photos posted in this link.
http://2guyzandsumtrains.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=310/postdays=0/postorder=asc/start=0.html

Ray
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1285  ~  Member Since: December 14 2005  ~  Last Visit: May 16 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - January 09 2007 :  6:52:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Hi Ray:

Thanks for the link.

BTW; my understanding was that pre-64 The Hustlers had blunt end axles and after pointed!? Can you illuminate me here? I now have the sense it's the opposite.

Cheers,
Gareth

Edited by - romcat on January 09 2007 7:02:53 PM
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Ray Marinaccio
Big Boy

RayAvatar

Posted - January 10 2007 :  04:13:30 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Ray Marinaccio to Buddylist
The early Hustlers had the needle point axles.
If you want to install the Ernst gear kit you need the newer Hustler with the blunt axle ends. I did put an Ernst gear kit in an older one (shown in the link) It was a bit of work.

Ray
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1285  ~  Member Since: December 14 2005  ~  Last Visit: May 16 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - January 10 2007 :  04:18:03 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Yup you got it right i reversed the time. I have two Ernst gear kits and two blunt axle Hustlers, So I'm ok. One other a #59 is going to stay all original and the final one will be a Bonneville Salt flat model. I'll post about that later when I suggest a Ho scale model train olympics!;-)

-Gareth
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

midmo1
Little Six

Posted - October 28 2007 :  8:12:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add midmo1 to Buddylist
Hi Guys...
I was wanting to know if anyone....did a flywheel Hustler....
Does the Ernst kit come with a flywheel?..If not...how does that happen...I'm building a shelf layout...although the P2K GP7 is awseome..
it takes up a lot of space...forget a big steamer...what I want is a good...smooth/slow running industrial switcher....
ould a 44 ton (Spec)..be good.? I had one before and it had gear problems.....once i got it to track straight....it never did run "right"....
any tips>>

Ted
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 129  ~  Member Since: September 26 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 30 2008 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - October 28 2007 :  9:41:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Hi:

Need to be American Prototype?

How about an MDC Model 40 Critter or a Bachmann 6 wheel MDT Plymouth.

-Gareth

shaygetz
Big Boy

Posted - October 29 2007 :  12:45:03 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add shaygetz to Buddylist
My favorite little lokeys...

The lead unit has been regeared with an Ernst kit and equipped with a can motor, flywheel and NWSL wheelsets. It also has front and rear LED lights and DCC and yes, I plan to put a sound system in it should money be found. The rear unit is unpowered, wired to the lead unit to provide the extra pickup necessary to run smoothly over turnout frogs. I have three bodies for it, the stock one seen, a slug unit I'm wrapping up...

...and a third body I hope to kitbash into a steeplecab electric.

I hope to get the Lionel versions eventually.
 Posts: 2465  ~  Member Since: April 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: December 01 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - October 29 2007 :  01:35:51 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Hey Shaygetz:

Have you considered using the Cary Metal Box Cab body for a project? See my Avatar, kinda a natural. There should also be a NASCAR version considering the scale speeds we've all had our Hustler's up to.

Btw; I just got a 1991 (Last year they were made) Hustler in pristine condition for $15.50

I have a Slug version in mind too but something pretty odd. Hustlers encourage that! [:D] [:D] [:D]

On your slug where did the cab replacement part of the hood come from? Did you "fab" it from scratch?

We should get Tony to set-up a Hustler page!!!???

I think the Tyco Switcher is also a Kitbash donor natural! I had a nightmare recently of a Tyco F9 with a Tyco Switcher hood and cab replacing the F('s cab! EWWWWWWWWW! [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)] [:o)]

-G

Edited by - romcat on October 29 2007 02:27:34 AM

zebrails
Big Boy

Zebrail Drivers

Posted - October 29 2007 :  07:26:19 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send zebrails a Yahoo! Message  Add zebrails to Buddylist
Hustler page...
And a nice centerfold, too?
Careful where you put those staples!
John

I don't have a one track mind. It depends on the turn-out.
"I love your catenary!"
Is that a power-trip or just another pick-up line?
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1124  ~  Member Since: December 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 30 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

shaygetz
Big Boy

Posted - October 29 2007 :  3:20:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add shaygetz to Buddylist
quote:
Hey Shaygetz:

Have you considered using the Cary Metal Box Cab body for a project? See my Avatar, kinda a natural.

On your slug where did the cab replacement part of the hood come from? Did you "fab" it from scratch?
-G

Originally posted by romcat - October 29 2007 : 05:35:51 AM

I cut up an HO Bachmann moving van trailer for the hood and am pretty pleased with the results. I like the Cary body but haven't gotten one of those little round tuits yet.

I finished the slug's rails last night...

Posts: 2465  ~  Member Since: April 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: December 01 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

midmo1
Little Six

Posted - October 30 2007 :  8:02:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add midmo1 to Buddylist
Hi G...
Yea...I'd really like the Hustler....but....If you're buying off ebay, and you (I) dont know....how would I know the pointed axle unit from the blunt end axle unit?....most sellers dont know either...

Ted
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 129  ~  Member Since: September 26 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 30 2008 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

midmo1
Little Six

Posted - October 30 2007 :  8:31:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add midmo1 to Buddylist
Hi guys me again......
Has anyone checked out the Model Power Porter/Hustler...??
Is it any good????
What kinda drive train does it have??

Ted
Mid-MO

shaygetz
Big Boy

Posted - October 30 2007 :  8:43:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add shaygetz to Buddylist
quote:
Hi G...
Yea...I'd really like the Hustler....but....If you're buying off ebay, and you (I) dont know....how would I know the pointed axle unit from the blunt end axle unit?....most sellers dont know either...

Ted

Originally posted by midmo1 - October 31 2007 : 12:02:44 AM

When you look up into the frame from underneath, you'll notice between the wheelsets and the frame what appears to be a brass washer around the axle. That would be the later blunt type axles. Needlepoint ones don't have this. My slug has the needle bearings but the blunts fit in there just fine. I used a spare set of blunt axles and wheelsets I already had and they fit with only a little extra slop that I can live with.

midmo1
Little Six

Posted - October 30 2007 :  9:03:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add midmo1 to Buddylist
Cool ....Thanx....
I guess i'll shop the shows for this one.....

Ted

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - January 23 2010 :  7:56:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Hey SG:

Love the raiings! nice work Pal!

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification

shaygetz
Big Boy

Posted - January 23 2010 :  8:20:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add shaygetz to Buddylist
Thank you...here it is finished...

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - January 23 2010 :  8:31:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Was thinking some cab changes would be cool....

How'd you shape the railings, jig?

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification

shaygetz
Big Boy

Posted - January 23 2010 :  10:04:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add shaygetz to Buddylist
They're patterned off of a set of GP7 railings I had in the scrap box, just bent them to match, trying to make them look like an EMD product.

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - January 23 2010 :  10:27:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Hey SG:

You know that last shot makes it clear why your slug is a slug and not a calf. Wouldn't be room under that cowling for a prime mover, real or model!

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - January 24 2010 :  12:48:29 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
Nice little team you got there, Shaygetz. I have one that I put the Ernst kit in, but it's noisy as H-E-doublehockeysticks. I thought the flywheels were out of balance, but it turns out it's that gold Athearn motor screaming at high RPM's. I guess the armatures weren't very well balanced after all. I'd try balancing it, if there was a way to get the bloody worms off the motor shaft without destroying them.
The Tyco Depot
Edited by - NickelPlate759 on January 24 2010 12:49:00 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

shaygetz
Big Boy

Posted - January 24 2010 :  12:57:18 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add shaygetz to Buddylist
Thanks Nelson, I have the whole kit, including the A-Line motor in there. It runs like a watch, the extra pickups from the slug make it all the sweeter over switch frogs. I put my flywheels on backwards, but that hasn't affected performance at all.

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - January 24 2010 :  1:34:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
the slug is from the North American moving trailer Which I have a couple just no tractor That real neat tho
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - January 24 2010 :  2:32:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
I took a look at your blog, Bob, and I see you installed the Accurate lighting kit instead. Looks like a much simpler arrangement, especially with the one piece worm and flywheel. The biggest flaw with my Ernst kit was that the holes in the flywheels were way too small to mount on the worm ends, and the worms distorted when I pressed them on. They were supposed to be a light friction fit.

Of course you got me distracted for ten minutes watching 765 and 1225 doubleheaded before I could reply. What an awesome video... favorited!

The Tyco Depot
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - February 07 2010 :  12:25:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Hey SG:

how big a difference does the A-Line motor make in your estimation?

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification

shaygetz
Big Boy

Posted - February 07 2010 :  12:35:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add shaygetz to Buddylist
Like night and day...it crawls with no bibbledebobble like it would with a band drive and its top speed, while still high, is probably a quarter of the original...hope to put one in this one soon...

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - February 07 2010 :  12:39:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Hey SG:

is there a specific version of the A-Line motor for the Hustler?

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification

SOU2645
Big Six

Posted - July 09 2010 :  10:26:43 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add SOU2645 to Buddylist
I guess Im an unofficial Hustler collector. I collect any and all Athearn yellow/blue box locos. I currently have 6 Hustlers. The first one I got brand new in box (a silver one) for 14.95 and added a snow plow to it. The most prized one I have tho is a 1958 Lionel Issue DRGW one (yellow cab sides) wiith working light. It also has the orange snow plow. This one is in mint condition too. I still want the Lionel Navy Yard one and the Allied Chemical one (I know good luck finding one of those). I still dont have Bronze or the later DRGW unit as of yet either.
Larry
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 251  ~  Member Since: May 04 2010  ~  Last Visit: April 22 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - July 09 2010 :  2:35:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
hehe someone needs to do the GN & BN Hustle Muscle loco But my question is Did these loco really exist once or are they a made up loco? Cause they kinda resemble the old Plymout locos
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

shaygetz
Big Boy

Posted - July 09 2010 :  2:51:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add shaygetz to Buddylist
No, there's not one even close to it...but fans were quick to forgive because it was reliable for its time and cheap, making it a versatile little project loco that has probably been kitbashed six ways from Sunday by every kitbasher on every level of skill. Several remotoring kits have been offered over the years, as well as at least 2 different aftermarket bodies...a boxcab and a gas/electric...I'm gearing up to do a steeple cab electric shortly.
Edited by - shaygetz on July 09 2010 2:52:14 PM

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - July 09 2010 :  3:21:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
ah ok ty shaygetz Tho I think this loco would have some real world applications Be a good market for them Like doing switching shuffle cars around in a small yard Heck build these as 2-3 foot narrow gauge locos I knows IF I had the money I'd build a real one in 3 foot gauge

shaygetz
Big Boy

Posted - July 09 2010 :  4:05:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add shaygetz to Buddylist
Close enough? And...it's three foot gauge to boot...

I think this is closer to it though...

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - July 09 2010 :  4:53:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:
Tho I think this loco would have some real world applications Be a good market for them... Heck build these as 2-3 foot narrow gauge locos

Originally posted by microbusss - July 09 2010 :  3:21:42 PM

And HOW many viable 3' gauge railroads are their left in the USA?

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - July 09 2010 :  5:27:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Yes, I DO collect them somewhat - here's a photo of some of my collection, I recently ( last 8 months ) have added more, like the Navy Yard unit, the B&O unit, and the BN unit. I probably have more around, just don't know where they all are right now.

I have another GE unit that was my childhood centercab that burned up the motor, not sure where it is now. And I have a few more Athearn hustlers like 0057 in red/white. But these are all I could put my hands on for this photoshoot today.

Jerry

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

SOU2645
Big Six

Posted - July 09 2010 :  5:48:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add SOU2645 to Buddylist
Here's my Lionel DRGW Hustler. One of my most prized Athearn locos.
larry
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 251  ~  Member Since: May 04 2010  ~  Last Visit: April 22 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

VintageHO
Mikado

Tyco Time

Posted - July 09 2010 :  6:10:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add VintageHO to Buddylist
The Baldwin Sh-2225 switcher is the closest thing to the Athearn Hustler. Carl

Numquam Immoderatio Satis Est
(Too Much Is Never Enough )
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 632  ~  Member Since: January 23 2006  ~  Last Visit: June 21 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - July 09 2010 :  6:54:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
ok I wants a Hustler NOW!

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - July 09 2010 :  9:36:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:
ok I wants a Hustler NOW!

Originally posted by microbusss - July 09 2010 :  6:54:40 PM

Shakin' it in front of his eyes

Here's a nice purple one I bought a few months ago, custom paint, Lionel Hustler, missing the bottom plate and not working (yet). NOT for sale! LOL

This is my only LIonel Husky, and it took me several months during the blizzard to nail one, I kept bidding on them, and getting outbid at the last moment. This one was in a lot, wasn't listed as a Lionel, I actually had to contact him to confirm it was, so probably one reason I got one finally, no one else knew it was there in the car lot. All I could see was the bottom of it, and metal gears, so I said to myself it HAS to be a Husky! It was.
Now to fix it. I made a small aluminum plate to replace the missing original.

Jerry

shaygetz
Big Boy

Posted - July 09 2010 :  10:03:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add shaygetz to Buddylist
quote:
Hey SG:

is there a specific version of the A-Line motor for the Hustler?

-Gareth

Originally posted by romcat - February 07 2010 :  12:39:59 PM

I don't even see them listed in Walther's any more.

SOU2645
Big Six

Posted - August 11 2010 :  1:39:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add SOU2645 to Buddylist
quote:
I guess Im an unofficial Hustler collector. I collect any and all Athearn yellow/blue box locos. I currently have 6 Hustlers. I still dont have Bronze or the later DRGW unit as of yet either.
Larry

Originally posted by SOU2645 - July 09 2010 :  10:26:43 AM

I guess I can update. I have 8 of the little speedsters now and found the aforementioned Bronze and DRGW units. Now...was there ever a Army version or a "Work Safely" lettered one? One website alludes to their existence (perhaps only planned) but they have Athearn kit numbers assigned that are vacant in the standard guide.
Larry

Helm
Little Six

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - August 11 2010 :  3:28:55 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Helm to Buddylist
Here's a CNJ one on a car float I found on the internet.

I have about six; a couple rubber band Athearns, a geared Lionel, and a geared Marx version.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 138  ~  Member Since: October 26 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 08 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - August 11 2010 :  8:11:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
come to think of it there IS a Rio Grande type Hustler at the Colorado RR Museum Have a pic of it on a CD will post it soon

CamdenLine
Little Six

Camden Line

Posted - August 11 2010 :  10:06:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add CamdenLine to Buddylist
quote:
hehe someone needs to do the GN & BN Hustle Muscle loco

You know there is a model of the Hustle Muscle. http://www.athearn.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=ATH95381

Available in GN too.

I just saw the actual Hustle Muscle a month or so back. It is fully restored to Great Northern paint and is stored at the Jackson Street Roundhouse in St. Paul, MN.

Here's the info.
http://www.mtmuseum.org/jsr/roster/gn400.php

~CamdenLine
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 178  ~  Member Since: July 02 2010  ~  Last Visit: August 22 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

CamdenLine
Little Six

Camden Line

Posted - August 12 2010 :  12:11:47 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add CamdenLine to Buddylist
Check out this real life engine. I think it looks a lot like these hustlers.

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=89540

~CamdenLine
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 178  ~  Member Since: July 02 2010  ~  Last Visit: August 22 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

choochin3
Mikado

USA

Posted - August 12 2010 :  08:18:10 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add choochin3 to Buddylist
I know I have 2 Athearn Diesel Hustlers,and if I do some digging I could probably find 2 more.
I like anything with 4 wheels be it steam,or diesel.
I must have like 20 little diesel switchers by many different makes.
Jes can't pass these critters up!

Carl T.

President of the Cape James Terminal RR.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 691  ~  Member Since: April 16 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 01 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - August 12 2010 :  08:27:36 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
i got a chocolate one ken

and a british rail one

or 2

Edited by - catfordken on August 12 2010 08:31:46 AM
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

choochin3
Mikado

USA

Posted - August 12 2010 :  08:53:40 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add choochin3 to Buddylist
Ken,
That Cadbury loco is COOL!!!!!!!!!!
I do have the bottom diesel shunter,but in BR green.
It was a last minute find at a show last year.
For 10 dollars I couldn't pass.

Carl T.

President of the Cape James Terminal RR.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 691  ~  Member Since: April 16 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 01 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - August 12 2010 :  10:52:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Hey Ken:

The little Green Shunter is it OO class? What is it, prototype-wise?

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - August 13 2010 :  01:15:51 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
quote:

I think this is closer to it though...

/tyco/forum/uploaded/shaygetz/plymouth-1.jpg

Originally posted by shaygetz - July 09 2010 :  4:05:03 PM

Isn't that the ATT/Mehano Plymouth switcher? It look less chunky than the MDT, so that's next on my list.

Btw, here's a Whitcomb that was the prototype for the Penn Line Midget.

The Tyco Depot
Edited by - NickelPlate759 on August 13 2010 3:15:27 PM

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - August 13 2010 :  07:09:08 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
hi gareth its a hunslet,only way to buy a model of it is a fox resin kit and a donor chassis,and yes its 00 ken
http://www.silverfoxmodels.co.uk/shunters_trams/british_rail_d2950_hunslet_0-4-0_docks_shunter.htm

Edited by - catfordken on August 13 2010 07:16:57 AM
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

SOU2645
Big Six

Posted - August 15 2010 :  07:12:47 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add SOU2645 to Buddylist
Train show find yesterday. This gives me 9 Hustlers total and all 3 versions of the Rio Grande units. Which I have one question about. The Standard Guide lists 1968 as the roll out year for this version (1958 for the Lionel) - however there is a yellow Hustler in a DRGW box on ebay right now - a Yellow Pacific Box. I thought the yellow box was replaced in 1966? So did Athearn actually release the Grande version for its own line earlier than 68? Im guessing they did.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Athearn Drop Blue Box Rant Thread Topic Next Topic: Mantua 4-6-2 Camelback  
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.55 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000