Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 35 ]  [ Total: 35 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Accessories
 Tyco Decorated Mat... Seen Any?
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: US-1 Traction? Topic Next Topic: TYCO # 920 UNLOADING MAIL CAR SET VIDEO  

aaskas
Switcher

Posted - January 23 2011 :  4:58:18 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add aaskas to Buddylist
I was wondering if anyone has run across this mat in their ebaying, train show visiting, other areas? It was the mat TYCO was selling for their Layout Expander Set. It was predecorated with the track roadbed, streets and where the buildings went. This is one item I have never ran across, yet. Should have ordered one 35 years ago, but no job no money

Kevin

He who dies with the most toys, WINS!!

Kevin
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 28  ~  Member Since: February 10 2010  ~  Last Visit: April 01 2017 Alert Moderator 

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - January 23 2011 :  6:23:12 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:
I was wondering if anyone has run across this mat in their ebaying,

Kevin

Originally posted by aaskas - January 23 2011 :  4:58:18 PM

Yes, there was one with a set some months ago, but since A) I'm not into sets per se, and B) it was selling higher than I was interested, I didn't buy it, nor watch it. Think it had a Santa Fe set, so I was not interested. They appear occasionally, but I see them with the set, not separate.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

aaskas
Switcher

Posted - January 23 2011 :  10:15:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add aaskas to Buddylist
Thanks Jerry

Guess I'll just keep looking

He who dies with the most toys, WINS!!

Kevin
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 28  ~  Member Since: February 10 2010  ~  Last Visit: April 01 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

theoldreliable
Big Six

LNAvatar2

Posted - October 23 2011 :  2:56:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add theoldreliable to Buddylist
In the 15 years I have been participating on the infamous "online auction site," I have never seen this mat, decorated or undecorated, with or without other items. Myself and one other dormant forum member have had this item saved at said "site" as a daily search item for close to 15 solid years. No dice.

I can confirm that it has never appeared as the "7930 Decorated Layout Mat," rolled in plastic wrap or otherwise. It is quite possible someone painted the patterns on green felt, such as pool table felt and/or a puzzle mat (which really isn't a bad idea).

I have seen *one* 4'x8' table-top layout (1/4" sheet of A-B Pine) that had all of the accessories, roadbed, lake, etc. painted on with acrylic paint, per the 1975 Expander booklet. This layout was located at a Baptist Church Flea Market in Duncanville, Texas in 1997, at which I purchased for $75, including all the trains and accessories and track.

I, too, have been looking for this item for over 15 years. Good luck in your search, aaskas.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 316  ~  Member Since: June 16 2006  ~  Last Visit: September 02 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - October 23 2011 :  5:06:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
I have one of these, in excellent if not perfect condition to be had for a modest price....

PM or email me

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - October 23 2011 :  5:24:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:
Myself and one other dormant forum member have had this item saved at said "site" as a daily search item for close to 15 solid years. No dice.
I, too, have been looking for this item for over 15 years. Good luck in your search, aaskas.

Originally posted by theoldreliable - October 23 2011 :  2:56:48 PM

How do you set up the always-search-for function, are you using Wish List? The Help on *bay says there should be a button to add item, but all I have is a statement No Item in Wish List currently. I don't see any Add function button anywhere. Nor any other way to have a long-term search item under any other program on there.

I did see the Tycoscene ( which is what it was called ) on one auction, but not sure if it was called that, or just loosely described and I ran across it accidently. I'll go review my saved photos. I know I copied that one.

Jerry

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - October 23 2011 :  5:58:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist

The above pictures are from an Ebay auction back on April 5th 2011.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: January 31 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 21 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - October 23 2011 :  8:08:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:

The above pictures are from an Ebay auction back on April 5th 2011.

Originally posted by Brianstyco - October 23 2011 :  5:58:40 PM

I scanned the entire 8 pages of the book week before last ( I have a copy of the TycoScene book), and HOSeeker put it in the Tyco Literature section, if anyone wants to see the Instruction book and accessories for it.

Jerry

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - October 23 2011 :  8:16:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
Jerry - Cool - will have to check it out
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: January 31 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 21 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - October 23 2011 :  9:08:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
That's the Puppy I have exactly in the box.... I actually never took it out of the box when I bought it. There is a soft hold on it for "Thor" pending my finding it....

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

theoldreliable
Big Six

LNAvatar2

Posted - October 28 2011 :  7:57:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add theoldreliable to Buddylist
Turns out I have the TycoScene (gameboard-styled) mat, as well (per BriansTyco pics above). Mucho Thanks to Romcat for looking through his stuff to locate it.

I, as well as aaskas, are still looking for the 7390 Decorated Layout Mat. This one looks like a grass mat roll, but has roadbed, roads, a small lake, and several templates for the lighted buildings and accessories already painted/silkscreened onto the felt-like material.

I took another peek at this elusive 7930 layout mat "grid" on the first few pages of the '75 Layout Expander Manual, and it appears that one may be able to place the grid-diagram into an art projector, monkey with the focus/distance, and get a fairly accurate rendering to create a master template, and to apply onto a roll of soft green felt. Not original, but close enough to duplicate the Layout Expander System.

Just an idea - until an original mat comes along.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 316  ~  Member Since: June 16 2006  ~  Last Visit: September 02 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

theoldreliable
Big Six

LNAvatar2

Posted - October 28 2011 :  8:05:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add theoldreliable to Buddylist
quote:
quote:
Myself and one other dormant forum member have had this item saved at said "site" as a daily search item for close to 15 solid years. No dice.

Originally posted by theoldreliable - October 23 2011 :  2:56:48 PM

How do you set up the always-search-for function, are you using Wish List? The Help on *bay says there should be a button to add item, but all I have is a statement No Item in Wish List currently. I don't see any Add function button anywhere. Nor any other way to have a long-term search item under any other program on there.

I did see the Tycoscene ( which is what it was called ) on one auction, but not sure if it was called that, or just loosely described and I ran across it accidently. I'll go review my saved photos. I know I copied that one.

Jerry

Originally posted by AMC_Gremlin_GT - October 23 2011 :  5:24:38 PM

Jerry...its under "saved searches" in the left margins of your "My eBay" page. Once you have it in there, all you should have to do is click on it, as it appears as a hyperlink. If the item you saved is listed as an auction, it will pop up when you click on it.

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - October 28 2011 :  9:59:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Hey Guys;

Since Thor already has one of the Tyco Scene "Mats" does anyone else happen to be looking?

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification
  Previous Topic: US-1 Traction? Topic Next Topic: TYCO # 920 UNLOADING MAIL CAR SET VIDEO  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000