Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 17 ]  [ Total: 17 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Maintenance & Repair Shop
 2-8-0 funnel
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: 2 drive motors in one engine? Topic Next Topic: Golden Eagle and Chattanooga problems  

royal blue
Hudson

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - December 21 2010 :  7:14:11 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add royal blue to Buddylist
was wondering if the little funnels for the chattanooga,royal blur 2-8-0 are still made through a hobby shop at all. just wanted a few extras.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 457  ~  Member Since: February 20 2010  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2020 Alert Moderator 

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 21 2010 :  7:28:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
quote:
was wondering if the little funnels for the chattanooga,royal blur 2-8-0 are still made through a hobby shop at all. just wanted a few extras.

Originally posted by royal blue - December 21 2010 :  7:14:11 PM

I need to know what you are refering to. I know of a term smoke stack. The thing the exausted steam come out of. Is that what it is? I know what a funnel cake is.

frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!

Edited by - toptrain on December 21 2010 7:50:00 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

spiderj76
Big Boy

Posted - December 21 2010 :  9:11:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add spiderj76 to Buddylist
He's talking about the funnel used to fill the smoke fluid reservoir on tender-drive steamers. To my knowledge the are not available third-hand. But they do turn up frequently with older NOS / MIB loco examples... of course you'll usually pay a good buck for those.

Not sure what else you could use... possibly a precision tip for model cement, or an old empty super glue or lubricant bottle...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2798  ~  Member Since: September 17 2010  ~  Last Visit: July 22 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - December 21 2010 :  9:30:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Or perhaps a funnel cloud.?

Walt

Luck, usually comes dressed in work clothes...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - December 21 2010 :  9:35:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:
He's talking about the funnel used to fill the smoke fluid reservoir.....
Not sure what else you could use.

I would think that possibly R/C airplanes have or use small funnels to fill their tanks. You could also use one of those graduated tips on Silicone sealer tubes, they're long and you can cut the tip off to the smallest diameter. I've also seen miniature metal funnels for making/mixing drinks..see below

There's plenty of miniature funnels out there, but probably bigger than the original Tyco plastic one. But if you look, you can find something to work.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

CamdenLine
Little Six

Camden Line

Posted - December 21 2010 :  10:02:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add CamdenLine to Buddylist
Not sure what size you are looking for but pharmacies give out free syringes that usually hold 10 to 15 cc in them. They are for giving kids medicine or measuring out medicine. They have oodles of them. Just ask next time you are in the pharmacy and they will probably give you one for free. You can cut the plastic tip off to any size.

~CamdenLine
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 178  ~  Member Since: July 02 2010  ~  Last Visit: August 22 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

burlington77
Big Boy

burlington2

Posted - December 21 2010 :  11:50:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add burlington77 to Buddylist
^ Beat me to it. I think the pharmacy syringe is the way to go. Target, for one, gives them with every prescription because they're more accurate than spoons. I have kids, so I know this.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1166  ~  Member Since: October 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: December 23 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - December 22 2010 :  05:08:29 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Ditto on the syringe suggestion. Mehano used to (still does?) include syringes with small metal tips with their smoking steam engines. Very functional
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

choochin3
Mikado

USA

Posted - December 22 2010 :  08:56:31 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add choochin3 to Buddylist
Next time you go to the doctor,ask them if you could have one or two of the disposable funnels from the light that they use to check your ears.
These little things are perfect for filling smoke fluid,and work prefectly.

Carl T.

President of the Cape James Terminal RR.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 691  ~  Member Since: April 16 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 01 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - December 22 2010 :  09:23:13 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
well Rapido trains uses a syringe too
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

royal blue
Hudson

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - December 22 2010 :  8:29:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add royal blue to Buddylist
Thank you for all your input. I have two funnels now ,just wanted a few more. toptrain that funnel cake does look good,now i guess i better go get one now.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 457  ~  Member Since: February 20 2010  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - December 25 2010 :  04:58:22 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Apparently there's a funnel American Flyer made, here's an auction for a metal funnel, can't tell the size though :

http://www.ioffer.com/i/american-flyer-trains-gilbert-smoke-funnel-42198441

$12 or offer.

NOT my auction!

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - December 25 2010 :  11:00:09 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
Those Flyer funnels are probably too large. I know the one I got with some repro Flyer smoke fluid is. I use an oil bottle with a needle applicator for HO fluid.
The Tyco Depot
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: 2 drive motors in one engine? Topic Next Topic: Golden Eagle and Chattanooga problems  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000