Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 16 ]  [ Total: 16 ]  [ Newest Member: Yellow_TankCar ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Locomotive of the Week (LOTW)
 LOTW Aug 08 - Aug 14, 2010
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: LotW Sept. 19-25 Topic Next Topic: LOTW Sep 05 - Sep 11, 2010  

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - August 08 2010 :  10:23:13 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Hey Guys:

Added to my CP roster last week! The "Script" version was around for only three years. Well it was painted on for three years. I just saw a CP car with the "script" yesterday so.....

Description: CP Canadian Pacific EMD GP18 Diesel Engine - Road #8827

Features:

* Almost Ready-To-Run (Shell just needs to be attached)
* Directional Lights
* Illuminated Number Boards
* Interior Cab Details with Figures
* Add-on Parts are Included

*** Happily the new replacememnt wheel/gearsets are installed on this one!

Have a good one All Y'all!

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator 

tykowolf
Big Six

tml

Posted - August 08 2010 :  11:24:29 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add tykowolf to Buddylist
Superb detail on your P2K, romcat. I especially like the yellow grab irons. Already posted my Canadian loco however, here is the next best thing: The "iconic" Montreal Limited. (See what I did there?)

These are Bachmann Digital Sharks although they look suspiciously E-R Modelly to me. Tyco also made a pair of D&H RF-16A's but why they were neither catalogued nor ever starred in a train set, I'll never know. Lest it be said, selachophobia is a terrible blight on humanity we must all overcome. Peace out.
 Country: Australia  ~  Posts: 362  ~  Member Since: March 21 2009  ~  Last Visit: December 31 2011 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - August 08 2010 :  11:32:41 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
The "Adirondack" Alco PA powered, was what made me fall in love with trains as a boy!!!

Just sold a couple of nib ER Sharks in D&H when I acquired some vintage Mantua Metal ones...

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

tykowolf
Big Six

tml

Posted - August 08 2010 :  11:42:52 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add tykowolf to Buddylist
Well who wouldn't fall head over heels for an Alco PA? They are sublime.

Your recent experience with E-R sharks is opportune. Can you confirm the Bachmann versions are really the former E-R models? They look the same to me.

Country: Australia  ~  Posts: 362  ~  Member Since: March 21 2009  ~  Last Visit: December 31 2011 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - August 08 2010 :  11:56:22 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Hey TW:

Only "hint" I can provide is, that the ER's "featured" a removable underbelly "box" that allowed the addition of a weight. I thought the Bachmann was new tooling but it may have been "freshened" up!?

I liked the ER models myself but I'm changing my collecting stream. Vintage and an operational collection based on Canada, Eastern 1930 to 1967.

Most of my Vintage stuff; Metal will get Pennsy paint with special exceptions, like my Hobbytown Metal PA which will be done in the D&H WarBonnet, and an HT RS-3 being converted to an RS-3m also D&H. That will be my `omage to my first RR love the D&H

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

tykowolf
Big Six

tml

Posted - August 08 2010 :  12:09:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add tykowolf to Buddylist
Thanks for the info romcat, I'll check out the sharks underbelly while dodging the pilot fish!

Your locos sound pretty cool in metal. For a small road, the D&H sure punches above its weight in the popularity stakes. Just proves some folk can recognize style when they see it!

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - August 08 2010 :  12:54:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
real cool pa`s love em ken

Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - August 08 2010 :  3:22:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Ken:

Is that an Athearn?

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification

burlington77
Big Boy

burlington2

Posted - August 08 2010 :  5:37:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add burlington77 to Buddylist
Here's a Tyco BN GP20 that I just got today. It seems like it will run with cleaning. If not, here's my next repower project!

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1166  ~  Member Since: October 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: December 23 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

choochin3
Mikado

USA

Posted - August 08 2010 :  6:00:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add choochin3 to Buddylist
Ken,
I used to have a B&O PA just like yours that I paid 20 bucks for with my hard earned grass cutting money.
That was my first GOOD loco as previous motive power was Tyco,and Life Like.
I bought it when I was 12 years old,it met it's demise when I received bad grades in school and my Dad smashed it to bits as punishment.
I've been looking for one cheap,but have yet to find one. The search continues!

Carl T.

President of the Cape James Terminal RR.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 691  ~  Member Since: April 16 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 01 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Pierce
Big Six

Posted - August 08 2010 :  6:09:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Pierce to Buddylist
wow thats some sick punishment I think I would have PTSD from that.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 204  ~  Member Since: August 19 2008  ~  Last Visit: January 21 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - August 08 2010 :  6:14:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Choochin:

I hope your Dad has done a Mea Culpa since then? Thats a pretty disturbed act my man.

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification

Pierce
Big Six

Posted - August 08 2010 :  6:17:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Pierce to Buddylist
I think a Mea Maxima Culpa is more like it I can not close my eyes right now... All i picture is a angry 40 year old man with a hammer and a crying 10 year old boy.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 204  ~  Member Since: August 19 2008  ~  Last Visit: January 21 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - August 08 2010 :  6:59:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
hi gareth it sure is,metal truck sides and runs sweet,ken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - August 08 2010 :  7:16:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
looks like another number Tyco used alot

got this from Jermey Thanks
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14696  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mike
Big Boy

CNRAvatar

Posted - August 08 2010 :  10:59:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mike to Buddylist

Here's more CP script to go with your lead, Romcat...

Mike
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1586  ~  Member Since: December 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: May 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

burlington77
Big Boy

burlington2

Posted - August 09 2010 :  12:02:39 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add burlington77 to Buddylist
So the irony of my day is that I bought two locos: the Tyco pictured above and an AHM. I bought the AHM assuming it would be a solid runner, and bought the Tyco assuming it would be my next repower project. Turns out I was backward! The Tyco runs fine...for now.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1166  ~  Member Since: October 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: December 23 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

tykowolf
Big Six

tml

Posted - August 10 2010 :  03:35:40 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add tykowolf to Buddylist
quote:
looks like another number Tyco used alot

got this from Jermey Thanks
Originally posted by microbusss - August 08 2010 :  7:16:27 PM

Totally awesome Durango Geep, microbusss! I don't know why Tyco came up with that roadname or its colour scheme but I'm happy they did. It would be great if fantasy railroads made a comeback real soon.

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - August 10 2010 :  10:18:27 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
thanks I actually have TWO of the cattle cars & the floodlight car Now all I needs is the streamlined caboose & I'll have a complete set & the rails that go around loco also
Edited by - microbusss on August 10 2010 10:20:30 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14696  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - September 12 2010 :  08:34:38 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Mike:

That caboose is that one of the TLT units erleased this year? I have one in the box. Beautiful.

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification

zebrails
Big Boy

Zebrail Drivers

Posted - September 16 2010 :  10:38:34 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send zebrails a Yahoo! Message  Add zebrails to Buddylist
quote:
Choochin:

I hope your Dad has done a Mea Culpa since then? Thats a pretty disturbed act my man.

-Gareth

Originally posted by romcat - August 08 2010 :  6:14:02 PM

"Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean little green men aren't trying to castrate you with macheties!"

I'm picking on you... but isn't your signature line also a disturbing vision?

I don't have a one track mind. It depends on the turn-out.
"I love your catenary!"
Is that a power-trip or just another pick-up line?
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1124  ~  Member Since: December 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 30 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - September 16 2010 :  11:22:20 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Meant to br ironic.

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification
  Previous Topic: LotW Sept. 19-25 Topic Next Topic: LOTW Sep 05 - Sep 11, 2010  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000