Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 35 ]  [ Total: 35 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Train Sets
 Tyco Set T-5906
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Tyco Coming Round The Mountain Topic Next Topic: Whats in the box?  

LoopnHook
Big Six

Crusader

Posted - December 04 2009 :  5:51:29 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add LoopnHook to Buddylist

I like yellow! Although I have never seen a yellow steam engine I like the 0-4-0T Booster engine in this set in yellow livery (213-C)! And for those who want their little steamers in a more traditional color it is also available in black (213-D). Indeed, the 1959 catalog shows the set with a black loco which I assume to be a catalog error. I have an original set, in original red box packaging, that I picked up for $20.00 from a local dealer. Yup, it had a problem the Derrick Car (325-A) had been sold out of the set. I have never found a replacement. If you have one of these elusive cars would you be so kind as to photograph it for this thread

Shown: 213C 0-4-0T Booster

Shown: 328A Utility Tank

Not Shown: 325A Derrick Car

Shown: 310G Gondola

[center]Shown: 321C Bunk Car[/center]

Loopy

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 200  ~  Member Since: October 29 2006  ~  Last Visit: August 29 2010 Alert Moderator 

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - December 04 2009 :  7:20:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist
I'd love to be the one to provide you with that missing car, but I think I've come to the conclusion that the Derrick Cars will probably be the last ones I ever get - they just don't ever seem to turn up very often... and I've got stuff that may as well not exist by some measures!

And even more worrisome, there are multiple versions and variants of every derrick car made. I've seen them. So just getting one doesn't mean it's over... so if an NYC one did turn up, it might not be "the one" for that set! Don't know how the particulars broke down.

As for the "error" black locomotive, I think you're looking at a rush-job mockup for the catalog shoot. The "New York Central" text has an odd glare on the right edge - like a piece of paper with a finish unlike the paint was stuck on there, and started to curl at the edge. The arrangement of the text is also unlike any of the NYC production models (in black or yellow).

Edited by - GoingInCirclez on December 04 2009 7:20:43 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2175  ~  Member Since: July 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 31 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - December 04 2009 :  8:19:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I has the EXACT one except in UP!! except the tanks & the crane is missing & no loco either
Edited by - microbusss on December 04 2009 8:19:31 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14690  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 03 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ABE
Switcher

Posted - December 17 2009 :  10:09:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ABE to Buddylist
Here is the derrick car for the NYC Work train set along with pictures of all the Tyco Derrick cars, there are many varatiions of the derrick cars as for numbers, data & printing, thee are 3 different UP derrick cars with 3 different numbers & I do not know what number came with the year of the set, there are 3 different PRR derricks which there is a gray one & 2 red ones, the red ones are different numbers, it looks as if Tyco cut costs each year by elimanting data & numbers in later yrs as the PRR & UP dericks are just a plain flat car with a derrick installed, also there are 4 different srtyles of UP work caboose with search light, I have 3 of them & a friend does have all 4, also a picture of a yellow MKT stoc car, all I ever saw were brown with either a yellow or white lettering & hear is a yellow i with brown doors & lettering same number as the brown cars, also a all chrome like pacific but not a polished chrome, I restored several cars & a Harley XLCH & went thru getting parts polished for chrome plating & it loks like this engine & tender was dipped with out a polish job, I have no idea as to where it came from but it is another York, Pa TCA find,
Tyco has many varations & many uncataloged items , some we know about & many we dont but we are trying to get a list of the uncataloged cars , sets etc out there,
Abe

Abe Schwartz
Edited by - ABE on December 17 2009 10:57:38 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 50  ~  Member Since: May 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: July 21 2012 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

eaglerock109
Mikado

MantuaAvatar

Posted - December 17 2009 :  10:39:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add eaglerock109 to Buddylist
Wow, nice collection Abe !!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 620  ~  Member Since: February 03 2008  ~  Last Visit: April 22 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - December 18 2009 :  01:59:33 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
yeah same here Least I know What my UP set looked like with crane & tanks on the flat cars Oh well still good for other loads
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14690  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 03 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - December 23 2009 :  3:39:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
me? Union Pacific What else is there Actually I wish I could get JUST the missing pieces
Edited by - microbusss on December 23 2009 3:51:57 PM
  Previous Topic: Tyco Coming Round The Mountain Topic Next Topic: Whats in the box?  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000