Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 22 ]  [ Total: 22 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Motive Power
 check out my silver streak
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Industrial Switchers Topic Next Topic: Updated AAR trucked Geep, an Original Mantua Tyco  

smokie
Hudson

smokie

Posted - September 09 2009 :  12:01:30 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add smokie to Buddylist
i had a shell that i was going to use for something that never happened, & a set of c630 trucks & fuel tank that wasn't being used, so i made myself a play purdy. i had to cut the tanks down a 1/4 inch on each end on both sides so they would clear the trucks. also the rear truck hit the steps, so i had to file a little on the inner steps. it's in a spot that won't be seen so no big deal. i think it turned out great for about half an hours work. tell me what you think.

jerry
Edited by - smokie on September 09 2009 12:03:32 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 553  ~  Member Since: January 14 2009  ~  Last Visit: August 29 2020 Alert Moderator 

JohnnyKane
Big Six

OT

Posted - September 09 2009 :  07:00:16 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JohnnyKane to Buddylist
Looking Good!

The Silver Streak is my favorite fantasy set from the brown box era. I have a Silver Streak set still in the box. It'll go out at Christmas time on display when my toddler son gets older. The Silver Streak was my first train set.

FWIW- I also have a "spare" loco and caboose. Those are for my son to play with in a couple of years.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 201  ~  Member Since: March 14 2009  ~  Last Visit: October 28 2012 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - September 09 2009 :  10:15:23 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
Smokie,
Cool! Almost looks factory or it's a natural. GiC put tanks like that on his replacement engine ride a ways back.

Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 09 2009 :  2:23:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
not bad *wants to find one too* Tho my Silver Streak is going to be the CP Rail one from the movie with Gene Wilder & Richard Pryor BUT I did see there was a CB&Q Steamliner decorated like the original Silver Streak movie
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14691  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

smokie
Hudson

smokie

Posted - September 11 2009 :  2:01:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add smokie to Buddylist
well i ran it last night for the first time. well it ran great for about a minute, then in classic tyco fashion she went up in smoke. i guess i'll take it apart & look & see if i put to much oil on it. it has a felt pad on the brush side of the motor for the oil, & the brush plate is white plastic. i've never seen that before.
jerry
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 553  ~  Member Since: January 14 2009  ~  Last Visit: August 29 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 11 2009 :  4:31:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
that loco was also the one with those 2 $50 boxes of trains!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14691  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

CairnTerrier
Switcher

Posted - October 12 2009 :  9:51:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add CairnTerrier to Buddylist
Looks great....I did the same thing to a Virginian 430. Once I found a set of metal handrails, the locomotive looks great...I think the six axles makes the engine look bigger and more natural....very similar to a U30C
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 67  ~  Member Since: October 30 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 03 2013 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Ray Marinaccio
Big Boy

RayAvatar

Posted - October 12 2009 :  10:17:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Ray Marinaccio to Buddylist
Looks interesting.
An SD20 using the SD24 trucks would be neat.

Ray
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1285  ~  Member Since: December 14 2005  ~  Last Visit: May 16 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Industrial Switchers Topic Next Topic: Updated AAR trucked Geep, an Original Mantua Tyco  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000