Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 31 ]  [ Total: 31 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Customizing & Kitbashing
 Textured spray paint uses
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: A few loco projects. Topic Next Topic: re inspection car  

ChrisC
Hudson

B&O

Posted - September 07 2009 :  11:27:12 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add ChrisC to Buddylist
This has appeared on here a few times (notably in architrains yard http://www.tycoforums.com/tyco/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7129). And we just started using it on the rental layout. I've been seeing more post on it pop up around here. I figured we could post our various exploits here and share ideas on new ways to use this spray. Right now aside from our new staging yard, we also re-did a MOW yard on the other side of the layout. Since the base color was the same color as the homosote that didn't sit well with me. So I taped off the tracks and covered everything nearby and gave it a shot.
/tyco/forum/uploaded/ChrisC/trains367.jpg

They sell this spray in a brown texture & and think I've seen a dark green one also? I think it would look really good if you were creating a new hill & used the spray as a accent color rather than a base coating. If you were using it in conjunction with ground foam you could go really far. Anyone else played with this stuff yet?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 531  ~  Member Since: January 29 2009  ~  Last Visit: July 10 2020 Alert Moderator 

Rush2NY
Little Six

Posted - September 12 2009 :  7:22:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Rush2NY to Buddylist
I have used texture paint on the trunk of a car and a few assorted wood projects. I never thought to use it on the layout. It looks fantastic! Great job!

Russ
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 100  ~  Member Since: June 18 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 01 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 12 2009 :  9:36:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
also find some texture paint to make realistic(?) road beds
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14690  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 30 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: A few loco projects. Topic Next Topic: re inspection car  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000