Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 12 ]  [ Total: 12 ]  [ Newest Member: Yellow_TankCar ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Customizing & Kitbashing
 A few loco projects.
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Coming soon Topic Next Topic: Textured spray paint uses  

Ray Marinaccio
Big Boy

RayAvatar

Posted - October 24 2009 :  02:51:32 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Ray Marinaccio to Buddylist
This is a Bachmann Camelback kitbash Gareth sent me to clean up.
I mounted the shell on a remotored chassis.

Ray
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1285  ~  Member Since: December 14 2005  ~  Last Visit: May 16 2019 Alert Moderator 

Ray Marinaccio
Big Boy

RayAvatar

Posted - October 24 2009 :  02:57:49 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Ray Marinaccio to Buddylist
This is a Hobbyline static model that has the cast on details removed and wire grabs and railing installed. The shell was fit onto a modified Tyco chassis.

Ray
Edited by - Ray Marinaccio on October 24 2009 02:58:32 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1285  ~  Member Since: December 14 2005  ~  Last Visit: May 16 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Ray Marinaccio
Big Boy

RayAvatar

Posted - October 24 2009 :  03:04:50 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Ray Marinaccio to Buddylist
This is a Bachmann Northern with a modified early Bowser chassis.
I also replaced the plastic tender wheels with Bachmann diesel wheels and added wipers to all 16 tender wheels.

Ray
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1285  ~  Member Since: December 14 2005  ~  Last Visit: May 16 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Erich
Big Boy

train

Posted - October 24 2009 :  04:19:45 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erich to Buddylist
Very fine work! - Erich
 Country: Austria  ~  Posts: 1046  ~  Member Since: December 03 2008  ~  Last Visit: December 19 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

basher09
Switcher

St George

Posted - October 24 2009 :  12:41:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add basher09 to Buddylist
Truly great stuff, Ray. Executed like a pro. Cheers, Lee.
"It is better to have loafed and lost, than never to have loafed at all." James Thurber
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 19  ~  Member Since: October 24 2009  ~  Last Visit: July 01 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - October 24 2009 :  4:19:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Sweet looking engines. I especially like that Northern. Bigger steam engines like that are always eye-catching to me
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3325  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: May 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ChrisC
Hudson

B&O

Posted - October 24 2009 :  7:22:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ChrisC to Buddylist
I have to ask Ray, when you redo a project do you sometimes have a prototype you aim for? Or do you just crank one out and finish it off however you please? I have to ask because I'm a huge fan of the stuff you redo I lurk over at 2guys and sum trainz and I've seen some of your other projects. Each time I'm just amazed at how far you can go with so very little!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 531  ~  Member Since: January 29 2009  ~  Last Visit: July 10 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mike
Big Boy

CNRAvatar

Posted - October 24 2009 :  10:21:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mike to Buddylist
I love to see your projects Ray. You should sell "How to Do" DVD's.

I would be first in line...

Mike
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1586  ~  Member Since: December 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: May 14 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - October 24 2009 :  10:25:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist
Wow, these are great. Have to ever posted them all in one place?

Seeing this made me realize I completely overlooked Steam Locomotives in the Kitbash Contest. They're eligible of course, but I just forgot to mention them. Probably because I long ago gave up thinking I could match your work, lol.

Would you mind to repost a couple of these in the "Examples" section? I think they could be good inspiration if people refer to that forum for ideas.

I have a couple steamer wrecks, but haven't yet figured out what to do with them. Steam locos are just too mysterious to me.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2175  ~  Member Since: July 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 31 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Ray Marinaccio
Big Boy

RayAvatar

Posted - October 25 2009 :  03:28:51 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Ray Marinaccio to Buddylist
Thanks everyone ,
quote:
when you redo a project do you sometimes have a prototype you aim for? Or do you just crank one out and finish it off however you please?
Originally posted by ChrisC-October 24 2009: 7:22:37 PM

Some are freelance but, I do aim for a specific prototype in most cases. They may not always end up exact, I don't usually count rivets.
Go ahead and post the photos in the other thread Tony. No problem.
I have a lot of threads on the 2Guyz site in the Blacksmiths shop But a CD might be a good idea. I could pass it around to anyone who may want to copy it and pass it on.

Ray
Edited by - Ray Marinaccio on October 25 2009 04:00:54 AM

Erich
Big Boy

train

Posted - October 25 2009 :  1:50:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erich to Buddylist

Added Snifter valves and Marker Lights to my K4. - Erich
 Country: Austria  ~  Posts: 1046  ~  Member Since: December 03 2008  ~  Last Visit: December 19 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

smokie
Hudson

smokie

Posted - October 25 2009 :  9:20:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add smokie to Buddylist
i love the northern. i had one like it, but the frame was broken in about 4 peices. i loved that tender, when i sent it back to bachmann they just sent a new spectrum nyc 4-8-4 Niagara with a centipede tender. i wish the had just replaced the frame on mine.
jerry
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 553  ~  Member Since: January 14 2009  ~  Last Visit: August 29 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Coming soon Topic Next Topic: Textured spray paint uses  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000