Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 11 ]  [ Total: 11 ]  [ Newest Member: Yellow_TankCar ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Customizing & Kitbashing
 re inspection car
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Textured spray paint uses Topic Next Topic: KFC sign scan?  

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - August 22 2009 :  11:01:08 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
this would make a great addition to a nyc period layout ken

Edited by - catfordken on August 22 2009 11:01:41 AM
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator 

Mike
Big Boy

CNRAvatar

Posted - August 22 2009 :  11:15:56 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mike to Buddylist
Now there's a kitbash waiting to happen...

Great picture,

Mike
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1586  ~  Member Since: December 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: May 14 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Ray Marinaccio
Big Boy

RayAvatar

Posted - August 22 2009 :  1:35:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Ray Marinaccio to Buddylist
P&LE had one named the Pittsburgh.
Ray
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1285  ~  Member Since: December 14 2005  ~  Last Visit: May 16 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - August 22 2009 :  5:49:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist

the weirdest

and finaly a model of one

Edited by - catfordken on August 22 2009 6:01:20 PM
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mike
Big Boy

CNRAvatar

Posted - August 22 2009 :  7:32:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mike to Buddylist
Great pictures!!! I have never seen anything like it before...

Mike

Makes me want to slap a passenger car on top of a steam engine...
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1586  ~  Member Since: December 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: May 14 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - August 23 2009 :  09:38:17 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
what are these used for? I don't think anyone has mentioned it
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14696  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

MM 1498
Big Boy

ICRAvatar

Posted - August 23 2009 :  11:00:46 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see MM 1498's MSN Messenger address  Add MM 1498 to Buddylist
They were used to carry railway officials along the line to inspect the track and railway property. This was before a special passenger car was used to carry them.

Seems weird that they would go to the trouble of converting a locomotive for this single purpose.
Makes for a neat picture though!

- Matt -

Edited by - MM 1498 on August 23 2009 11:01:32 AM
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1021  ~  Member Since: August 24 2008  ~  Last Visit: January 05 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

zebrails
Big Boy

Zebrail Drivers

Posted - August 31 2009 :  02:27:48 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send zebrails a Yahoo! Message  Add zebrails to Buddylist
simply beautiful
jz

I don't have a one track mind. It depends on the turn-out.
"I love your catenary!"
Is that a power-trip or just another pick-up line?
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1124  ~  Member Since: December 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 30 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - August 31 2009 :  09:47:53 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Ken posted 5 photos of inspection cars. These are a wonderful and special type of car.
The first is Central of New Jersey #999. There also is the #900, and The "STAR".
The second is New York centrals "Chicago".
Third is the very special Lehigh Valley :" Dorothy". This is a car of mystery. There is no record of it demise. A railroad worker wound up with it and kept it in his back yard. From there it just disappeared.
The forth is the unique New Haven car "transit". When locomotives were used on city streets. The chance of scaring horses, and causing turmoil was a sure thing. By completely covering all valve gear, side and main rods tranquility was preserved. These covered wagons were necessary in cities. The Transit is from the old pre civil years of link and pin couplers. The CNJ used a covered wagon in down town Manhattan.
fifth is a photo I have never seen before. I have seen locomotives set up with forward cabs for use in yard switching. This is a first for me.
The last is a model made from a kit bashed Tyco general. I have seen photographs of the "Out and Walk's" inspection locos. They had a single drivered inspection loco just like the Valleys "Dorothy ". The CNJ also had one, their first The "Star "which is also missing here.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!

Edited by - toptrain on October 15 2009 1:32:32 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - August 31 2009 :  10:14:57 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
Do ANY of these exist anymore? Like in a museum?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14696  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Textured spray paint uses Topic Next Topic: KFC sign scan?  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000