Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 21 ]  [ Total: 21 ]  [ Newest Member: keelbolts ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 AHM/Rivarossi Motive Power & Rolling Stock
 4-6-2 parts help?
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: HO 4-6-2 H. Pacific Front Truck Spring Attachment? Topic Next Topic: AHM Woolworth Box Car  

ChrisC
Hudson

B&O

Posted - May 30 2009 :  01:14:13 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add ChrisC to Buddylist
Ok so I'm about 99% sure what I have is a light pacific according to the Tyco resource.
http://tycotrain.tripod.com/ahmhoscaletrainscollectorsresource/id109.html
If I'm wrong please tell me what the correct make is lol.

Got this in a recent acquisition of a friend's old train collection (same one the Marklins came from). Anywho here it is...and as you can tell the person who worked on it before did a terrible job.
/tyco/forum/uploaded/ChrisC/4-6-2.jpg
First a foremost it needs the front piston assembly. We don't know where it went. And so far I haven't seen any dead engines I can swipe them from and make fit. I does run, but I can only test it in reverse so the rods don't jam into the ground. There is a ladder broken off the front also but that's the least of my worries. Anyone have a spare piston assembly laying around? I'd really like make this run again!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 531  ~  Member Since: January 29 2009  ~  Last Visit: July 10 2020 Alert Moderator 

MM 1498
Big Boy

ICRAvatar

Posted - May 30 2009 :  10:02:16 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see MM 1498's MSN Messenger address  Add MM 1498 to Buddylist
Hey Chris, I think you actually have a locomotive sold by International Hobby Corp.
I'm pretty sure they used the old AHM moulds, so I understand that part is confusing.

Anyway, because IHC is still in business (unlike AHM of course) you might be able to order parts from them.

You might want to order any new parts quick, though. You may have heard that Mehano, who makes the locomotives for IHC, went bankrupt recently.

- Matt -

Edited by - MM 1498 on May 30 2009 10:09:03 AM
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1021  ~  Member Since: August 24 2008  ~  Last Visit: January 05 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

NC shortlines
Big Boy

AberdeenRockfishAvatar

Posted - June 08 2009 :  8:43:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NC shortlines to Buddylist
There are 5 different light 4-6-2 Pacific locomotives that IHC made according to my parts book. Some had a flywheel , some a smoke generator. The cylinder assemblies you need are P/N 410-011, 410-010,410-044.
The ladders on the front are integral with the boiler casting and are not a separate part. Cal-Scale should have ladders that you can use. You may also need 2 guides, P/N 410-043, with two screws P/N 410-039, radius bar P/N 410-038. This last part might already be on the loco, I'm not sure from the photo.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 825  ~  Member Since: December 22 2008  ~  Last Visit: March 16 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ChrisC
Hudson

B&O

Posted - June 08 2009 :  10:59:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ChrisC to Buddylist
Sweet thanks! I haven't really touched it since the pics were taken. Still deciding what to do with it. But in the grand scheme of things I'd like to return it to the rails someday. Maybe use it for detail pratice. Off memory I'm pretty sure it has a smoke generator, but no flywheel. The ladder doesn't bother me much, I'd even consider breaking the other side off and putting two brand new matching ladders on. But I think I'll look into getting that piston assembly sometime.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 531  ~  Member Since: January 29 2009  ~  Last Visit: July 10 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: HO 4-6-2 H. Pacific Front Truck Spring Attachment? Topic Next Topic: AHM Woolworth Box Car  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.48 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000