Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 6 ]  [ Total: 6 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 Revell Motive Power, Rolling Stock & Accessories
 Revell New Haven F7
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: The Revell Union Pacific Omaha 0-6-0t Topic Next Topic: Revell Southern Pacific 3571 switcher  

choochin3
Mikado

USA

Posted - October 11 2008 :  10:39:34 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add choochin3 to Buddylist
Hey Guys,
I had the chance to buy a Revell NH F7 today for $5.00.
I decided to pass on it because my wife would kill me if I bought anymore trains today.
My question is when was this loco made,and how well do they run?
Also what kind of problems should I look for?(I'm not familiar with Revell products)

Carl T.

President of the Cape James Terminal RR.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 691  ~  Member Since: April 16 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 01 2020 Alert Moderator 

MM 1498
Big Boy

ICRAvatar

Posted - October 11 2008 :  10:49:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see MM 1498's MSN Messenger address  Add MM 1498 to Buddylist
For $5, I would buy it just to find out, although I don't have to smuggle trains into my house.

Hollow out a pair of shoes...that's how I'd do it.

- Matt -
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1021  ~  Member Since: August 24 2008  ~  Last Visit: January 05 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - October 12 2008 :  12:15:40 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
I'd have taken it for $5. If it's a deluxe model, it has a spring belt drive, and a working clutch instead of spur gears. I'll take it if you don't want it.

Here's a link to Tony Cook's Revell section. There's an exploded view at the bottom. http://ho-scaletrains.net/revellhoscaletrainsresource/id2.html

The Tyco Depot
Edited by - NickelPlate759 on April 11 2014 9:39:34 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

choochin3
Mikado

USA

Posted - October 12 2008 :  6:00:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add choochin3 to Buddylist
I'm reall kicking myself now for not buying it.
It was in really nice condition too.
Oh well,live and learn.

Carl T.

President of the Cape James Terminal RR.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 691  ~  Member Since: April 16 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 01 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - March 16 2014 :  9:41:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
I'm reall kicking myself now for not buying it.
It was in really nice condition too.
Oh well,live and learn.

Carl T.

Originally posted by choochin3 - October 12 2008 :  6:00:11 PM

I know how you feel. I could've gotten a Revell Canadian Pacific F-7 with the box and everything. The engine was also in good condition, for $7.It probably didn't work anyway.

-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

waw47
Hudson

Posted - March 16 2014 :  10:20:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add waw47 to Buddylist
The New Haven F7 was not produced with a spring drive and clutch. The only Revell F7 to have a spring drive an a clutch was the T-3500 Santa Fe blue & yellow freight diesel. The New Haven T-3513 was produced 1958 thru 1962. It had a plastic frame and drive similar to Varney F units of that period.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 466  ~  Member Since: August 09 2010  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - March 18 2014 :  8:47:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Far as I remember from my Revell engines, they used a power truck with a big and little gear on it, and were rather noisy. Just because Revell didn't stay long in the model train arena, I'd have bought it for $5 myself. I only have a few at the moment, a complete diesel and a partial needing parts. I like different makers, anyway.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - March 18 2014 :  9:47:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
Far as I remember from my Revell engines, they used a power truck with a big and little gear on it, and were rather noisy. Just because Revell didn't stay long in the model train arena, I'd have bought it for $5 myself. I only have a few at the moment, a complete diesel and a partial needing parts. I like different makers, anyway.

Jerry

Originally posted by AMC_Gremlin_GT - March 18 2014 :  8:47:15 PM

I was actually shocked when I learned that Revell actually did model trains at one point. I know they make buildings and stuff for them but, I didn't know they made H0 scale locomotives and rolling stock that actually run.

-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 11 2014 :  02:15:44 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
quote:
The New Haven F7 was not produced with a spring drive and clutch. The only Revell F7 to have a spring drive an a clutch was the T-3500 Santa Fe blue & yellow freight diesel. The New Haven T-3513 was produced 1958 thru 1962. It had a plastic frame and drive similar to Varney F units of that period.

Originally posted by waw47 - March 16 2014 :  10:20:28 PM

I feel like kicking the whole lot of you for not snatching those cool, weird pieces up!

JMcNeal
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: The Revell Union Pacific Omaha 0-6-0t Topic Next Topic: Revell Southern Pacific 3571 switcher  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000