Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 18 ]  [ Total: 18 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 Revell Motive Power, Rolling Stock & Accessories
 Revell Southern Pacific 3571 switcher
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Revell New Haven F7 Topic Next Topic: revell 0-6-0 omaha  

drapp
Switcher

Posted - December 22 2013 :  3:34:20 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add drapp to Buddylist
I have the body to a SP switcher that has a broken frame and an engine that works with effort. I need a new frame. The markings inside the body are 3570-001-D ; 3550-001-D ; Revell Inc 1958. Any idea where I might locate spare parts? I received this as a Christmas present about 50 years ago and am getting back into the hobby with my grandson. Thanks for any help...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4  ~  Member Since: November 05 2013  ~  Last Visit: October 29 2015 Alert Moderator 

lvrr325
Big Boy

Posted - December 22 2013 :  5:39:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add lvrr325 to Buddylist
Only way to find parts is to cannibalize another Revell engine, and even then these were rubber band driven so you have to find a small hair band or other elastic that fits.

Or do what Con-cor did when they had the tool for the body shell - they sold it both with an Athearn drive under it, then later with a Kato drive under it. An Athearn with the narrower motor (1980s-up) should be an easy swap.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 956  ~  Member Since: January 27 2008  ~  Last Visit: May 27 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

drapp
Switcher

Posted - December 23 2013 :  10:11:53 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add drapp to Buddylist
Thanks Guess I'll put it on the shelf and wait for something. It is a gear driven unit BTW. All 8 wheels are driven.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4  ~  Member Since: November 05 2013  ~  Last Visit: October 29 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - December 23 2013 :  1:51:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
You just missed Ray's post where he was selling a bunch of stuff, including Revell SW-7 parts.

http://www.tycoforums.com/tyco/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14099

If it's the loco you describe, only the front truck is powered. The gearing is in the truck (check out parts diagram at the bottom of the page).

http://ho-scaletrains.net/revellhoscaletrainsresource/id3.html

Keep your eyes on eBay. If you get a replacement frame, a #30 O-ring is what they used as the drive belt. You can get them at Home Depot or any hardware store.

The Tyco Depot
Edited by - NickelPlate759 on December 23 2013 1:56:47 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

lvrr325
Big Boy

Posted - December 23 2013 :  8:07:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add lvrr325 to Buddylist
Personally I would track down a Kato drive and swap it on there. Will take all of 2 minutes to snap the shell on, so far as I know nothing else was changed. The Kato drive is high quality and the engine will run forever.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 956  ~  Member Since: January 27 2008  ~  Last Visit: May 27 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Revell New Haven F7 Topic Next Topic: revell 0-6-0 omaha  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000