Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 12 ]  [ Total: 12 ]  [ Newest Member: Yellow_TankCar ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Train Sets
 Chattanooga Commercial!
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Value of old set Topic Next Topic: Please Help Me ID This Set  

ILUVBUDWSR
Hudson

fty

Posted - November 15 2006 :  2:24:05 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add ILUVBUDWSR to Buddylist
It`s a rainy day here and thought I would track down some more commercials. Heres the Chattanooga Choo-Choo. Its a crude recording but it`s still pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKHHnNT7h8I

A lone amature built the ark! A large group of professionals built the titanic!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 423  ~  Member Since: September 25 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 08 2012 Alert Moderator 

theoldreliable
Big Six

LNAvatar2

Posted - November 15 2006 :  3:42:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add theoldreliable to Buddylist
That brought back ALOT of memories, the least of which was the diesel-scented smoke permeating the living room. Thanks for digging that nugget up.

That was one of about 5 or 6 25 second spot commericals Vanderbilt University library has on record. Maybe the others will turn up soon.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 316  ~  Member Since: June 16 2006  ~  Last Visit: September 02 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ILUVBUDWSR
Hudson

fty

Posted - November 15 2006 :  5:52:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ILUVBUDWSR to Buddylist
I did some diging around at Vanderbilt University Media Library and it is 100$ to purchase 30 minutes of video for a non-profit organization. They also have a rental but I didnt look much into that.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 423  ~  Member Since: September 25 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 08 2012 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Tony Cook
Big Boy

TycoGMOGP20Avatar

Posted - November 15 2006 :  6:14:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Tony Cook to Buddylist
Too Bad the quality isn't better, but what a blast to see it!!! Great Find ILUVBUDWSR
Tony Cook
HO-Scale Trains Resource
http://ho-scaletrains.net
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1658  ~  Member Since: December 03 2005  ~  Last Visit: February 07 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - November 15 2006 :  7:22:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Thanx alot buddy...you got that song stuck in my head. It's like addictive or somethin. LOL

-cheez
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3325  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: May 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

prewardude
Switcher

Posted - November 15 2006 :  11:12:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add prewardude to Buddylist
ILUVBUDWSR: Thanks so much for posting this. It really did bring back some memories for me! The one part of that commercial that has stuck with me for all of these years was the sight of the puffing smoke against the dark background as the engine crossed the trestle. Needless to say, I wanted one of these trains after I saw this ad - and my folks were nice enough to get one for me! I think I was 8 or 9 at the time. Great to see it again!

Regards,
Clint
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2  ~  Member Since: December 30 2005  ~  Last Visit: October 23 2009 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ILUVBUDWSR
Hudson

fty

Posted - November 16 2006 :  12:24:24 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ILUVBUDWSR to Buddylist
Ahhhhhh! you dont have to thank me for it...im just the messenger so to speak. Something funny though. Watch the clip really close near the end when the engine goes over the trestle the front driver is off the rail LOL!
...TYCO OF COURSE!!!! LOL

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 423  ~  Member Since: September 25 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 08 2012 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - November 16 2006 :  1:29:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist
Too cool! That blasted song IS catchy, though.

It's funny how the presentation goes: "Tyco's NEW train"! As if to say Tyco was really a household word back then, and trains were unanimously popular and anticipated. Which I guess was more true to a dgree then as opposed to now...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2175  ~  Member Since: July 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 31 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Value of old set Topic Next Topic: Please Help Me ID This Set  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000