Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 40 ]  [ Total: 40 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Motive Power
 SF Shark
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: tyco petticoat junction Topic Next Topic: Tyco C&O F9’s  

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - February 01 2008 :  6:18:02 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
I managed to get my hands on a Tyco SF Shark with a battered and marked box. The Shark is nearly perfect and I don't think it has been used. I know the site says only cataloged in '82 but was it always sold seperately? I haven't run this one but has anyone noticed that the Sharks seem to pull pretty well? I have a BN, RI and a Midnight Ex. That are strong pullers.
Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator 

Tony Cook
Big Boy

TycoGMOGP20Avatar

Posted - February 02 2008 :  2:03:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Tony Cook to Buddylist
I have never seen any TYCO train set offering featuring the Santa Fe painted Shark Nose. And as mentioned, the Santa Fe Shark only appears in TYCO's 1982 product catalog.
Tony Cook
HO-Scale Trains Resource
http://ho-scaletrains.net
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1658  ~  Member Since: December 03 2005  ~  Last Visit: February 07 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

midmo1
Little Six

Posted - February 02 2008 :  4:26:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add midmo1 to Buddylist
The older all (mostly) metal sharks pull even better...run pretty smooth too!!

Ted
midmo
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 129  ~  Member Since: September 26 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 30 2008 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - February 23 2008 :  8:32:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist

I ment to add this to the earlier post.

Alco Fan
Edited by - Alco Fan on February 23 2008 8:33:42 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

outofstorage
Switcher

Posted - February 24 2008 :  11:04:37 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add outofstorage to Buddylist
Wow, nice "Shark". Amazing condition for the shape the box was in. Nice find.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 82  ~  Member Since: November 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: January 12 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DJdeTrainman
Little Six

NJTransitAvatar

Posted - February 27 2009 :  4:12:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add DJdeTrainman to Buddylist
Now all you need are some streamlined passenger cars for that bad-boy!
D.J. (Yeah, I'm "that kid"... Deal.)

http://railroadrandomness.blogspot.com/
Look; a new blog...

Yippee!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 157  ~  Member Since: February 05 2009  ~  Last Visit: June 05 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - August 10 2023 :  4:18:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Originally posted by Alco Fan on February 23 2008 

The elusive shark on everyone's Christmas wish list.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5886  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: tyco petticoat junction Topic Next Topic: Tyco C&O F9’s  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000