Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 14 ]  [ Total: 14 ]  [ Newest Member: Yellow_TankCar ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Locomotive of the Week (LOTW)
 LOTW - Jan 27 - Feb 02, 2008
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: LOTW - Feb 03 - Feb 09, 2008 Topic Next Topic: LOTW - Jan 20 - Jan 26, 2008  

Adams
Big Boy

Posted - January 27 2008 :  2:37:11 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Adams to Buddylist
I'd love to start this week's LotW using my (er, my wife's) new camera. We find ourselves in the desert of West Texas, with the crew of this little SP Tyco switcher about to get underway at the stop-and-proceed-at-restricted speed signal (which is actually wired to a relay and turnout up the line, making it a live switch-point indicator). No doubt the crew just finished up a good meal at the Tyco Howard Johnson's in the distance.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 874  ~  Member Since: October 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: June 09 2019 Alert Moderator 

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - January 27 2008 :  2:41:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Well Done!

Picture, Setting, Narrative. Couldn't ask for more. again, well done.

-Gareth
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

midmo1
Little Six

Posted - January 27 2008 :  10:01:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add midmo1 to Buddylist

Hi guys
Just got this off Exciting-bay.........

Big Six

Ted
midmo

Edited by - midmo1 on January 27 2008 10:02:11 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 129  ~  Member Since: September 26 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 30 2008 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Ray Marinaccio
Big Boy

RayAvatar

Posted - January 28 2008 :  02:39:44 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Ray Marinaccio to Buddylist
Nice locos.
[:)]
This was my first HO locomotive. My dad bought it in the late 60s as a kit and put it together. It has been through a few rebuilds since then.

Ray
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1285  ~  Member Since: December 14 2005  ~  Last Visit: May 16 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Adams
Big Boy

Posted - January 28 2008 :  11:24:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Adams to Buddylist
A railfan's dream! I took this photo at the remote siding at Chispa, (Spanish for 'spark') Texas. This was (and still is, in my garage) the junction of the SP's Sunset Route and the 26-mile 'Rio Grande Northern', which runs to a coal mine at San Carlos, and actually included one of only about 6 tunnels ever bored in Texas. Locals can't belive it, but this must be some kind of special movement, or fan trip that's lost it's way! The Tyco Pacific sure looks good, though, and it seems that even the SP 2-6-6-2 (Mantua Classics) is trying to edge into the back of the scene! In the distance is the nearby town of Lobo, where one can shack up at the Siesta Motel after a day of travel. Even this small town rates some rail-truck transfer service as evidenced by the SF trailer being offloaded.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 874  ~  Member Since: October 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: June 09 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - February 01 2008 :  9:09:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
I love this loco and its paint scheme. It runs great. Not custom, but fun. I bought it at the Cumberland show a year ago, my first Super 630.

Alco Fan
Edited by - Alco Fan on February 01 2008 11:02:13 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

zebrails
Big Boy

Zebrail Drivers

Posted - February 02 2008 :  05:39:13 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send zebrails a Yahoo! Message  Add zebrails to Buddylist
Well, unlike my "Lil' Six," this locomotive has a tender. But, it is also an oil fired o-6-o, and quite heavy, too.

I bought it as you see it. The dealer said it was a brass locomotive. I took it home and figured that the brass only meant a few parts here and there.

Now, naturally, it had a previous owner... but mysteriously the initials on the tender say TP while on the back of the tender it says TWIRP.
I am generally guessing that each letter represented a name, seeings how TR and TWIRP begins and ends the same.

Well, the longer I studied this heavy metal beast, I can almost match it to a MDC or ROUNDHOUSE switcher on the side of the blue boxes.

It is a very solidly built steam locomotive with a very bright headlight.
It pulls well... and has a light shimmy to it as it goes down the track.

Perhaps someone else has an idea on its identity.

John
p.s. flanges on all drivers.

I don't have a one track mind. It depends on the turn-out.
"I love your catenary!"
Is that a power-trip or just another pick-up line?
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1124  ~  Member Since: December 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 30 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Adams
Big Boy

Posted - February 02 2008 :  10:51:21 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Adams to Buddylist
I've enjoyed everyone's pics this week. I hope you don't mind me continuing to share my collection...I'll finish this week with my covered wagon roundup--Atlantic Coast line, Penn Central, and Santa Fe: all MU-2 equipped.
Edited by - Adams on February 02 2008 10:51:02 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 874  ~  Member Since: October 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: June 09 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Ray Marinaccio
Big Boy

RayAvatar

Posted - February 02 2008 :  2:31:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Ray Marinaccio to Buddylist
quote:
Perhaps someone else has an idea on its identity.

John
p.s. flanges on all drivers.

Originally posted by zebrails - February 02 2008 :  04:39:13 AM

That is definitely a Roundhouse locomotive.
The earliest Roundhouse 0-6-0s were brass, then Zamic. The later ones then had a plastic boiler, cab and tender shell.

Ray
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1285  ~  Member Since: December 14 2005  ~  Last Visit: May 16 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: LOTW - Feb 03 - Feb 09, 2008 Topic Next Topic: LOTW - Jan 20 - Jan 26, 2008  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000