Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 14 ]  [ Total: 15 ]  [ Newest Member: Yellow_TankCar ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Identification Station
 DO YOU KNOW
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: F-unit Guide Topic Next Topic: Black Hooker Chemical Tankers????  

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - August 30 2007 :  10:06:14 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
HI THESE 3 BODIES WERE IN A BOX ANY IDEAS,I KNOW WHAT THE LOCOS ARE BUT NOT THE MAKER,THE GP HAS NO MAKERS MARKS THAT I CAN SEE BUT OTHER 2 (RS3s?) HAVE 37712 CHEERS IN ADVANCE,KEN

Edited by - catfordken on August 30 2007 12:34:45 PM
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator 

Ray Marinaccio
Big Boy

RayAvatar

Posted - August 30 2007 :  12:44:55 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Ray Marinaccio to Buddylist
I'm not sure about the GP, but the 2 alco shells look like Atlas RS1s.
Ray
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1285  ~  Member Since: December 14 2005  ~  Last Visit: May 16 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - August 30 2007 :  1:28:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Hey Ray:
With that ovehanging roof I'm sure you're right!

-G
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - August 30 2007 :  1:45:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
thanks guys new to american locos,info welcome so its mainly the overhang on roof that determines rs1s,well at least i got the rs right,ken
ps the cab belongs to the new york not the dss&arr

Edited by - catfordken on August 30 2007 2:02:48 PM
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - August 30 2007 :  2:45:55 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Hey Ken:

Among the RS 1/2/3 set basically the one has the overhung roof sorta steamer-ish. The 2 and the 3 no roof over hang and are distinguished by the 3 haviving battery boxes on the running board adjacent to the cab whereas the 2 does not. On the three also the exhaust stack can be inline with the long hood signifying an Air-cooled Turbo-charger and transversly which most were converted to means liquid cooled. Hope that helps!

-Gareth

Edited by - romcat on August 30 2007 2:46:21 PM
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - August 30 2007 :  3:10:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
gareth,many thanks for info,would love to find maker of gp as it is well detailed in many respects,ken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - August 30 2007 :  3:42:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Ken:

I have a GP 7/9 shell I can compare it to. I'm thinking your RS-1's are Atlas?

-G

SilverStreak
Switcher

Silver Streak

Posted - August 30 2007 :  5:30:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add SilverStreak to Buddylist
The GP is a Life-Like Proto 2000 GP-18 High Hood with Dynamic Brakes.
Tom Carter
Railroad Training Services
Railroad Training & Consulting
Stockton, California
www.railroadtrainingservices.com
tomwcarter@railroadtrainingservices.com
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14  ~  Member Since: August 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: February 02 2011 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - August 30 2007 :  6:05:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
THANKS WITH DETAIL LIKE IT HAS IT HAD TO BE QUALITY KEN

SilverStreak
Switcher

Silver Streak

Posted - August 30 2007 :  6:09:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add SilverStreak to Buddylist
Got plans for the GP-18?

Tom Carter
Railroad Training Services
Railroad Training & Consulting
Stockton, California
www.railroadtrainingservices.com
tomwcarter@railroadtrainingservices.com
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14  ~  Member Since: August 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: February 02 2011 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - August 30 2007 :  6:28:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
NONE FOR ALL,I HAVE NO USE FOR THEM,KEN

zebrails
Big Boy

Zebrail Drivers

Posted - August 31 2007 :  04:56:12 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send zebrails a Yahoo! Message  Add zebrails to Buddylist
quote:
The GP is a Life-Like Proto 2000 GP-18 High Hood with Dynamic Brakes.

Originally posted by SilverStreak - August 30 2007 : 10:30:46 PM

I 2nd that answer. I have a CP version... and that missing sunshade is a screaming detail flaw that continues to wreak havoc trying to either cover, remove, or ignore.
The RS-1's are missing the stack tops. Very good models... well, if only you had the rest of the locomotives.
Back 2 the GP-18... Believe it or not, you've got a great shell that is ready for paint.
And those fan blade housings, try blowing them... they'll whistle/whine like those kiddie whistles.
Very clean shell, there.
Now, put your hands together and shake 'em high!

John

I don't have a one track mind. It depends on the turn-out.
"I love your catenary!"
Is that a power-trip or just another pick-up line?
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1124  ~  Member Since: December 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 30 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - August 31 2007 :  07:44:52 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
hi john,the fans are free and move,cannot believe how clean the moulding is,even down to perforations in steps,there is no breakage or cracks,as you say its ready to be painted in whatever livery,ken
Edited by - catfordken on August 31 2007 07:46:21 AM

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - September 03 2007 :  7:26:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Hey Ken:

I concurr, P2K GP18 HH

Look at the walkways.

-G
  Previous Topic: F-unit Guide Topic Next Topic: Black Hooker Chemical Tankers????  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000