Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 15 ]  [ Total: 15 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Customizing & Kitbashing
 Varney 4-6-4 Hudson Build
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Best way to srip paint from metal Topic Next Topic: Tyco/Mantua 4-4-0 Cary Baldwin Boiler Restoration  

kristofer4301
Hudson

meirl

Posted - April 11 2022 :  1:01:43 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add kristofer4301 to Buddylist
After a few months I’ve finally finished building and painting my Varney Hudson!

Sort of like the ultimate Royal Blue?

Mine didn’t come with a tender so I used a Bowser one instead.

I’m starting to get halfway decent at this airbrushing stuff!

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 412  ~  Member Since: October 23 2015  ~  Last Visit: June 12 2022 Alert Moderator 

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - April 11 2022 :  1:08:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
I'm glad to see that vintage kit finally got to serve it's intended purpose, i.e. being built! It looks sweet!

Glenn

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Edited by - gmoney on April 11 2022 1:09:12 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1486  ~  Member Since: December 13 2008  ~  Last Visit: April 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 11 2022 :  6:25:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
*DROOOOLS a flood!!*
yes I DO want one
I'd do one in a fantasy scheme OR do it in NYC
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Bamos
Big Six

RRCrossingAvatar

Posted - April 16 2022 :  05:41:20 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Bamos to Buddylist
That's a good looking steamer. You did a great job.
Bill
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 202  ~  Member Since: December 24 2017  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 16 2022 :  10:03:16 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Bring Back British Rail
Switcher

Posted - March 26 2023 :  5:05:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Bring Back British Rail to Buddylist
That is a beautiful build and paint work. Well done!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14  ~  Member Since: November 19 2021  ~  Last Visit: April 13 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - April 03 2023 :  4:37:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
WOW. I must have missed this when it was posted. Looks amazing!
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Bring Back British Rail
Switcher

Posted - April 07 2023 :  12:46:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Bring Back British Rail to Buddylist
So... One of these engines (sans original tender, like yours) has been listed on Ebay for the past few weeks (March/April 2023) for $140. It is a bit of basket case and will need a lot of TLC, but after seeing your beautiful work here - and especially after seeing how well you made the Bowser tender work with the loco - I was inspired and bought it. God help me.

It's not going to be a straightforward project but I think all of the parts are there - or at least the important ones - and given how uncommon these locos are beggars can't be choosers. If it turns out even half as nice as yours did, I will be pleased. (Yes, I have engine envy!)
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14  ~  Member Since: November 19 2021  ~  Last Visit: April 13 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Best way to srip paint from metal Topic Next Topic: Tyco/Mantua 4-4-0 Cary Baldwin Boiler Restoration  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000