Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 11 ]  [ Total: 11 ]  [ Newest Member: Apollo X 1965 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Forum Related
 Forum Help
 Site is up again
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Spam Blocker Trouble Topic Next Topic: How To Make New Topic and how to Reply To Topics  

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - January 17 2022 :  05:21:51 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
The connectivity of the site has been like a flickering light bulb past several weeks. When it was up, downloading to the site was unusually sluggish, and would often wink out again. Many posters are reporting this issue.

How long the site will remain viable from this moment is unknown. Let us hope for the best.

Whatever the under lying issue may be, the site is not functioning properly.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11192  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 14 2024 Alert Moderator 

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - January 17 2022 :  05:58:45 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

It has been annoying because all of us enjoy this site. Usually comes on line around 5 am EST.
I only awake early because I usually get up early. Mind thinks I work today.

But I am off and want to sleep again. By the time I am fully awake the site has gone offline again.
And I rapidly lose interest in participating. Please try to maintain this site so more members do not disappear.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5842  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Admin
Forum Admin

GilbertBuildingAvatar

Posted - January 18 2022 :  12:49:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Admin to Buddylist
I made some changes this morning that hopefully will fix the issue. I have my eye on it now.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 80  ~  Member Since: July 25 2001  ~  Last Visit: April 08 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - January 18 2022 :  1:40:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
yeah this be the 1st time since Saturday that I got in
it freezes up like this:

grrrr

Also I did complain about it before
http://www.tycoforums.com/tyco/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20834

Edited by - microbusss on January 18 2022 1:44:04 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - January 18 2022 :  2:40:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
now I just got this!

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - January 18 2022 :  9:49:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist
"I made some changes this morning that hopefully will fix the issue. I have my eye on it now."

We appreciate your help and support with this. We know it is only a recreational site. Not a necessity.
Still it gives pleasure to both its members and guests.
Thanks for the memories and hopefully continued success for this site.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5842  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Admin
Forum Admin

GilbertBuildingAvatar

Posted - January 18 2022 :  11:11:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Admin to Buddylist
quote:
now I just got this!

Originally posted by microbusss - January 18 2022 :  2:40:58 PM

I had taken it down at that time, let me know how things go tomorrow. I've not touched it for many hours now and seems to be working normally again.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 80  ~  Member Since: July 25 2001  ~  Last Visit: April 08 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - January 19 2022 :  04:10:43 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
It's 0200 MST and is working well. Thank you for your consistent support of this important site.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11192  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 14 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - January 19 2022 :  07:28:51 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
quote:
now I just got this!

Originally posted by microbusss - January 18 2022 :  2:40:58 PM

I had taken it down at that time, let me know how things go tomorrow. I've not touched it for many hours now and seems to be working normally again.

Originally posted by Admin - January 18 2022 :  11:11:16 PM

works great & fast too!
& its 5:30am too hehe

Edited by - microbusss on January 19 2022 07:29:38 AM

Brian4321
Hudson

Gilbert HO

Posted - January 19 2022 :  8:14:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brian4321 to Buddylist
The site is back up, thank you!!!

I don't know if anyone noticed, but there are a LOT of broken links to pictures. Will a re-index fix this?

Edited by - Brian4321 on January 19 2022 8:16:15 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 510  ~  Member Since: February 18 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - January 19 2022 :  10:48:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
Most likely not. It depends how photos were hosted. I started out using tinypic and that went down the drain with all my photos lost leaving the angry man graphic. Those who used photo bucket either had broken links or out of focus photos currently. I guess that’s what they call “link rot”, the electronic info equivalent of “zinc pest”!
Edited by - el rojo grande on January 19 2022 10:50:21 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 303  ~  Member Since: October 26 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 13 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

New_York_Central
Founder

NYCDreyfussAvatar

Posted - January 19 2022 :  11:56:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add New_York_Central to Buddylist
quote:
Most likely not. It depends how photos were hosted. I started out using tinypic and that went down the drain with all my photos lost leaving the angry man graphic. Those who used photo bucket either had broken links or out of focus photos currently. I guess that’s what they call “link rot”, the electronic info equivalent of “zinc pest”!

Originally posted by el rojo grande - January 19 2022 :  10:48:43 PM

I reloaded the images on purpose, had to make them disappear temporarily. Related to images and the link rot you touched on, I've been able to suck in most photos that were linked to in the past and those images reside on this server now, this is not something new but something I started years ago. There is a bug I can't figure out and it seems to break a lot of toptrain's (I think it was him or NickelPlate's) links. Which I can fix manually. I haven't run that in a while because when I do I like to be available to fix what I can manually. The preferred way to post pics is to upload them here, but I'll suck them in anyway at some point.

When those photos get imported and hosted here they are also named with timestamps. The timestamping serves another purpose. We had a guy that got mad and since he couldn't delete his photos he would upload blanks with the same name. The timestamping process renders that impossible to do. I wish you all knew the complexity, time spent and very innovative things this forum has offered. This is not an out of the box forum.

Maybe more splaining needs to happen. I do think a rather lengthy post by me is necessary, it will make some of the misconceptions disappear.

BTW, eveything is back in order.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1322  ~  Member Since: October 30 2005  ~  Last Visit: April 13 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

New_York_Central
Founder

NYCDreyfussAvatar

Posted - January 19 2022 :  11:57:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add New_York_Central to Buddylist
quote:

I don't know if anyone noticed, but there are a LOT of broken links to pictures. Will a re-index fix this?

Originally posted by Brian4321 - January 19 2022 :  8:14:52 PM

I reloaded all the images that are hosted here. Any that are broken already were. No animals were harmed in the process.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1322  ~  Member Since: October 30 2005  ~  Last Visit: April 13 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - January 20 2022 :  10:37:27 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:

No animals were harmed in the process.

Originally posted by New_York_Central - January 19 2022 :  11:57:30 PM

but several were eaten anyway

All joking aside its working pretty good

Brian4321
Hudson

Gilbert HO

Posted - January 20 2022 :  9:04:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brian4321 to Buddylist
quote:
quote:

Originally posted by Brian4321 - January 19 2022 :  8:14:52 PM

I reloaded all the images that are hosted here. Any that are broken already were. No animals were harmed in the process.

Originally posted by New_York_Central - January 19 2022 :  11:57:30 PM

Many thanks, as I continuously refer to some of those old photos.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 510  ~  Member Since: February 18 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - January 22 2022 :  07:07:13 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Up most of Friday day MST, then by nightfall the site had crashed through midnight.

Now up again at 0500 MST, but running very slowly, like dial-up speed, which usually portends it crashing again.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11192  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 14 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redwoods
Big Boy

NWPAvatar

Posted - January 23 2022 :  1:59:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redwoods to Buddylist
quote:
I wish you all knew the complexity, time spent and very innovative things this forum has offered. This is not an out of the box forum.

Originally posted by New_York_Central - January 19 2022 :  11:56:28 PM

Thank you for all the work you do. I've been involved in many hosting projects including forums and I know how complex they are and how misunderstandings can happen. I'm thankful for you and for this great community for this forum.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1083  ~  Member Since: July 07 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 14 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Spam Blocker Trouble Topic Next Topic: How To Make New Topic and how to Reply To Topics  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000