Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 14 ]  [ Total: 14 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Customizing & Kitbashing
 Will the Real Jade Fog Please Stand Up?
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
Next Page
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Auxiliary Tender for Tank Engine Topic Next Topic: Tyco Covered Hopper Rebuild Project
Page: of 2

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - January 17 2021 :  8:07:52 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
Since there are several piece of unauthorized Jade Fog Chemical rolling stock out on the market, I thought it best to start a catalog of the genuine articles. I realize this is a great boon as a standalone catalog for counterfeiters- you know who your are.

Starting with the most recent additions to the rolling stock roster. All of these are used to transport the various phases of Fogite:

The Flexi-Fog covered hopper. New York Central stole this idea from The Fog in the 60s for their similarly-labeled Flexi-Flo covered hoppers for granular unloading via air pressure.

For liquid or gaseous Fogite, we have this chemical tanker. A shorter tanker allows us access to smaller sidings.

And for palletized loads right to the dock we have this 50 foot boxcar.

We'll dig through our roster to add some other rolling stock you can count on next time you "Dial Up Another Car Load of Fogite"!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 303  ~  Member Since: October 26 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator 

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - January 17 2021 :  8:24:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
Yikes, I better get a fogite-proof suit and build a lead wall around my train collection...

No intentions on stealing credit, just haven't been on here long enough to know the real story. The real deal Jade Fogs are gorgeous compared to my dollar store knockoffs. In the future I intend to learn airbrushing, so hopefully I can put out products this nice.

Aaron Anderson
Edited by - A-A-RON on January 17 2021 8:25:08 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 617  ~  Member Since: March 14 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - January 17 2021 :  8:37:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
For larger shipments, or when the NTSB wants to see more modern and safer equipment we offer these larger chemical tankers.

For bulk loads of sheet-formatted Fogit panels we have the all-door boxcar for ease of loading/offloading.
This one carries a special billboard style graphic for eye-popping clarity.

PS-1 ordinary covered hoppers also deliver in traditional gravity feed situations

This is one of our shorter open hoppers to transport the Fogite ore for processing.

Here we have a draft of the graphics sheet which will be converted into the over-sized graphics for freight car labeling.

Every graphic begins as a professionally drawn takeoff based on actual car photos.

While the Jade Fog Chemical Enterprise owns no trackage, Presidential facilities tours are always conducted via rail in our heavyweight Inspection Car. Buckeye trucks carry the exceptional weight of all the gold fittings in the car. Note the Dr. Seussian gold smokejack.

And equally laudable solid gold brake wheel.

We interrupt this photo gallery as Scooby and the Gang are chasing and being chased by villains...

Back to our Jade Fog Rolling Stock Tour...

Another style of billboard boxcar delivering deadly Fogite to a munitions facility (apparently).

Sometimes we have to contract with external creatives for certain types of cars. This was made by one such as a Fogite Incident Remediation Car

The same has a daughter who developed a Manga character named "Jade Fog"

At some point she will grace some cars in a future marketing campaign.

In opposition to this clunker ad campaign that graced some of our PS-1 covered hoppers:

"The Fog Machine"... What were they thinking? Those MadMen!

Edited by - el rojo grande on January 17 2021 8:40:09 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 303  ~  Member Since: October 26 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - January 17 2021 :  8:43:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
Whoa! That is an awesome roster! Is there plans for a plant locomotive coming up?
Aaron Anderson
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 617  ~  Member Since: March 14 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - January 17 2021 :  8:58:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
THE FOG RULES! What a gas (pun intended)!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - January 17 2021 :  9:21:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

You certainly have talent Mr. Grande. Excellent work.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5870  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - January 17 2021 :  9:43:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Incredible custom work! wow!
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - January 18 2021 :  12:06:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
Actually I hadn't thought about a switcher, but based on your question I believe I will have to find an Athearn SW or RS to make such a diesel. Thanks for the idea.

Now for some of my secrets and tricks.

All of the single color decals and some of the full color decals (caboose and all door boxcar) are homemade inkjet decals. All the nicer ones are commercially printed and feature a white underbase so I can use lighter colors or skin tones on painted cars. Since home inkjets use transparent inks, there is a limit on light colors or even how dark the base paint can be. That's why the full color color DIY decals always ride on white cars.

I have tried three brands of inkjet decal media and still haven't found one that is really reliable and predictable- one day they work fine and the next they simply curl up in the water, so decal projects can be really frustrating. Unbelievably, I bought Testor's supplies for inkjet decal media and their decal bonder spray (I really think it's a hybrid between dull and gloss coat) and that has given the poorest results.

I have thought about getting laser printer decal media, but I would have to have that printed at Staples, and I don't know what their policy is about running untested media in their laser printers. If that would jam and melt onto the rollers- ain't nobody going to be happy!

All cars have been rattle can painted. I simply haven't moved on an air brush.

Thanks for your comments, and I will dig deeper for more photos. I know there are modern boxcars and hopper cars yet to be seen!

Edited by - el rojo grande on January 18 2021 12:10:25 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 303  ~  Member Since: October 26 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Gary B
Hudson

ChicagoNorthWesternAvatar

Posted - January 19 2021 :  09:05:09 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Gary B to Buddylist
Nice work, cool concept! You say some of the decals were commercially printed, where did you get that done?
Master Of Plasticville
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 444  ~  Member Since: March 17 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - January 19 2021 :  09:35:33 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
since you say you use spray cans, what colors do you use?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - January 20 2021 :  07:17:24 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Very useful info about home decal printers. I’d considered getting one, as if I don’t have enough unfinished projects,
and this saves time, money, aggravation.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - January 20 2021 :  10:05:31 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
Glad to help you stay from another hobby world debacle, Chops

It's funny, my first home-printed DIY decal projects went on the cars flawlessly, but they were printed on an unknown decal media that was given to me by a friend. Every other media has not worked nearly as well.

But call me crazy- I keep on working at it and trying every media I can get a hold of.

I will check my paint vault to see what colors I have used. But all the jade Fog cars have a specific shade of Jade. Grays and whites really have been whatever is convenient to grab off the shelf!

And I unearthed more freight car photos...

Stay tuned.

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - January 20 2021 :  11:41:06 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
quote:
Glad to help you stay from another hobby world debacle, Chops

It's funny, my first home-printed DIY decal projects went on the cars flawlessly, but they were printed on an unknown decal media that was given to me by a friend. Every other media has not worked nearly as well.

But call me crazy- I keep on working at it and trying every media I can get a hold of.

I will check my paint vault to see what colors I have used. But all the jade Fog cars have a specific shade of Jade. Grays and whites really have been whatever is convenient to grab off the shelf!

And I unearthed more freight car photos...

Stay tuned.

Originally posted by el rojo grande - January 20 2021 :  10:05:31 AM

yup, if you could tell me what shade of jade that is, I'd appreciate it!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - January 20 2021 :  7:54:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Bring on the new old photos!

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - January 21 2021 :  12:15:27 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
"Imprimis" - Latin for "In the first place"- why Jade Fog? It was once remarked that I was lost in a Jade Fog based upon my penchant for repainting and collecting Penn Central equipment, as these photos clearly show:

And a roster shot I submitted to the LHS photo contest which graced their webpage for some time.

As a kid I gravitated toward Penn Central for the green color. This Tyco car is representational of one of my earliest pieces of PC rolling stock. I still have my original one, and this one was a gift from WKS.

So for our painters: The official color for Jade Fog equipment is Rustoleum Painter's Touch "Satin Vintage Teal" Most of my paints come from Ace Hardware, although any good hardware store should have them.

The commercial decal printer I use is Netzlof Designs who is found through CMR Products

https://www.cmrproducts.com/

Jade Fog also has delivery trucks, although none in my collection currently. These were commissioned by a friend and now are in Chicago. They are current release Matchbox

In true Tyco fashion, Jade Fog has colorful billboard boxcars, made by Tyco!

and a detail inset

An older style tanker. Current guidelines require the under carriage and trucks to be painted dark green (see earlier photos)

Some years ago I attended a small gathering of HO railroaders in Ohio and here were several JF boxcars in the works to hand out to my friends

And there is a hopper car lurking in there also

And here is a better shot of it lurking behind one of the Jade Fog facilities

And finally, the car that started all the madness, and yep, it's a Tyco!

Or is it??? Tyco-philes will be able to look at those trucks and say "not Tyco". It could be a Bachman or perhaps even a Playart clone! Also- a brake wheel? Tyco never had that on their triple tankers.

Now here are some other customs not related to the JF Enterprises that have come from my workshop which has been called the FogWerks.

Remember the show Chuck and the Buy More store?

This is how all their merchandise gets to the stores

The Dinoco "Pentatanker"

which rode on dualies

And the builder's pose shot

This UFO diorama was also lost in the hobby shop fire

A few years ago you may have remembered a movie called The Hunger Games and I decided to make a fleet of hoppers based upon the one seen in the movie

While still in progress, here's a pink tanker painted and lettered in honor of a friend's young daughter when she misbehaves and throws tantrums.

My all-time favorite Walther's kit- the Union Station, which always reminds me of Philly's 30th Street Station, which has a Dunkin Donuts, so while waiting in Philly to head to NYC via Amtrak, a quick dash up the stairs to the main concourse for donuts and coffee would give me the energy for my strolls thru Midtown.

And before I talk your ears off, two of my favorites- custom MDC Pullman Palace Cars complete with flamingo pink interior.

Edited by - el rojo grande on January 21 2021 09:37:03 AM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - January 21 2021 :  12:29:56 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Amazing creations, bring it on. I read the Hunger Games, last summer, so cool to see the Capitol Coal cars. The coal mines were so iconic to the series. The flamingo pinkinterior is so devine I’d like to shrink to 1/87 and crawl inside.
The flying saucer, with AF boxcar, ouch what a loss. Glad you got the photos. My fave is the Penn Station, what a great concept!

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - January 21 2021 :  12:36:05 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
Thank you Chops! Believe me, I have some more photos I will post

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - January 21 2021 :  04:32:58 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I just noticed the double bogies on the Penta Tanker. The
cool factor just keeps going up.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - January 21 2021 :  07:51:04 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Cool!! Awesome stuff!
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - January 21 2021 :  09:34:58 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
Thank you RP.

And please keep in mind what you're seeing in my photos is a collection that spans 40 some years. Not just from last week!

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - January 21 2021 :  11:19:34 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
well guess I know who made this one

now I wants a whole BnL train

aw man I really did love that UFO scene too
Hope you can rebuild it someday

Edited by - microbusss on January 21 2021 11:22:33 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - January 21 2021 :  11:26:41 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
Nice Buss, I almost forgot about that one. When you get your layout built I want to see that on the rails getting some revenue miles on it!

The UFO model was found at a flea market for a nice price. To buy online is too much for me, not to mention the MDC Air Force car. I actually did that whole diorama in 2 days as my own challenge to get something ready for a model building competition in the local fair.

Best of Show blue ribbon!

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - January 21 2021 :  12:49:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Nice photos of your equipment. The Penn Station is appropriate for the iconic building in Philadelphia.
Also cool model of the Jupiter 2 type spaceship.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5870  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

time warp
Little Six

AHMLogoAvatar

Posted - January 21 2021 :  1:00:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add time warp to Buddylist
Good thing you haven't posted the pitiful quad hopper that succumbed to Fogite corrosion.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 158  ~  Member Since: June 21 2016  ~  Last Visit: January 30 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - January 21 2021 :  1:05:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
Here's a video of the same model with an animated lighting kit. Pretty cool.

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - January 21 2021 :  1:34:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
quote:
Good thing you haven't posted the pitiful quad hopper that succumbed to Fogite corrosion.

Originally posted by time warp - January 21 2021 :  1:00:59 PM

That can easily be done!

I think that sad episode happened on your layout though, didn't it... Time Warp? I don't know if proper blame was determined, but it was corroded beyond value for scrap. We buried it right next to the municipal water supply. That should be safe...

Edited by - el rojo grande on January 21 2021 1:35:10 PM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - January 21 2021 :  3:07:12 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
A Fogite destroyed hopper- that is a howl!

Bamos
Big Six

RRCrossingAvatar

Posted - January 23 2021 :  01:13:16 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Bamos to Buddylist
Very nice work on everything.I know you have printer limitations but that Pentatanker really should be wearing Dinaco blue.
The flying saucer was nice I remember when you won that contest.

Bill
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 202  ~  Member Since: December 24 2017  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - January 23 2021 :  08:53:06 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
Very nice work on everything. I know you have printer limitations but that Pentatanker really should be wearing Dinoco blue.
The flying saucer was nice I remember when you won that contest.

Originally posted by Bamos - January 23 2021 :  01:13:16 AM

maybe do it on a short normal tank car instead
heck I do want a Sinclair tank car hehe

Also I want one of them Fogite boxcars!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - January 24 2021 :  8:07:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
If no one objects, I'll just keep posting some more of my customizing...

Wasn't sure if I ever posted this fancier version of the Tyco A-Team caboose

A Life-Like modified track cleaner car

A Tyco repaint for the Tropicana Juice Train

And some colorful Pine Hill Logging gons from Tyco. It looks like they used both black and brown lettering in different production runs

I added the extra decals on the lower one

And with a little styrene stock and plastic logs you can make an interesting tall load of wood

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - January 24 2021 :  8:11:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
just so you know
those colored ID cards on cars didn't work when they got dirty or faded

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - January 24 2021 :  10:10:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Awesome! That Penn Central track cleaning car looks great!

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - January 25 2021 :  11:44:29 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
Thanks RP. I think the railing makes the track cleaning car even taller than Bachmann's tri-level auto racks. So not only can it clean tracks, it double-duties as a height clearance car!

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - January 25 2021 :  1:25:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Great stuffs, El Rojo, I had to do a double take on the caboose before I got the visual pun- that is
HILARIOUS. Love what you did with the classic Pine Hill gons- that really pops.

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - January 25 2021 :  8:05:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
I bought the first Pine Hill gondola at a warehouse sale for an independent thrift network in Washington, PA. It set me back a quarter. I also pulled out the set of three Hogwarts passenger cars from a trash bin at that same sale!.
I agree that the Pine Hills have a lot of color and charm. I could see adding another few sometime.

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - January 25 2021 :  9:42:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
I also pulled out the set of three Hogwarts passenger cars from a trash bin at that same sale!.
Originally posted by el rojo grande - January 25 2021 :  8:05:05 PM

you sold them already I bet

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - January 26 2021 :  12:57:20 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
I actually gave them to a friend whose children loved the Potter storyline. A few years later i found a spare tender for their loco , to replace the original one

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - January 26 2021 :  11:01:51 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
I actually gave them to a friend whose children loved the Potter storyline. A few years later i found a spare tender for their loco , to replace the original one

Originally posted by el rojo grande - January 26 2021 :  12:57:20 AM

darn need a few of those but thats great of you!

Anyway if you needs a Tyco caboose to do it in BnL I has a few

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - February 03 2021 :  9:32:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
It's been a while and I'll leave the jade behind for a this post:

In early December a friend from Chicago sent me some things from his rail club sale. This car caught my eye and my mind immediately went to work to determine what it could be

This is what MDC envisioned for it

In my travels I remember seeing something similar... aha- a PRR X-23 rotting away in Eastern Shore, VA

So with a new roof to make it more like a boxcar and less a caboose this is the final product

Another nice addition for my work train made from scraps.

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - February 03 2021 :  10:15:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
That's the sort of thing the full-size railroads would do. Swap some parts and with a few modifications, there's a fine addition to the M of W equipment.
Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - February 04 2021 :  02:41:12 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Super neat!

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - February 04 2021 :  06:54:35 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Nice!

Erik The Train Nerd
Hudson

Tyco/Mantua Rio Grande 4-8-0

Posted - February 04 2021 :  09:40:08 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erik The Train Nerd to Buddylist
Looks good!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 556  ~  Member Since: December 26 2019  ~  Last Visit: February 22 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - February 04 2021 :  4:48:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
Thank you all for the compliments. These kinds of projects are fun to undertake because you just don't know what you'll wind up with when you shake the box and start digging around in the parts. Always fun to try to make something believable, and I am sure many roads had something pretty much like this in their MOW arsenals.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - February 04 2021 :  7:17:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Always nice results. You have the patience and talent to succeed doing those projects.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 21 2021 :  9:48:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Well shiver me timbers! I doth spaketh too soon! Not only
a magnificent Flexi Fog but an entire fleet of amazing
Fog creations. I am honored to have but one small Fogite
in my collection.

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - April 23 2021 :  10:59:16 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
I set the jade rattle can downa nd picked up Kubota Orsange for another Tropican Juice Car

This is a spliced-up Roco heated tanker (for orange juice?) and riding on Tyco triple trucks. I wanted to see what a stretched out tanker would look like and it met expectations!

Bamos
Big Six

RRCrossingAvatar

Posted - April 23 2021 :  11:06:02 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Bamos to Buddylist
WOW! The Tropicana car is a real work of art.
Bill
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 202  ~  Member Since: December 24 2017  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - April 23 2021 :  4:44:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist
Thanks for the reminder Mr. Grande. I need to get juice for my parrot and me.

And nice work on the expansion of the tank car.

Edited by - wks on April 23 2021 8:25:38 PM

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - April 23 2021 :  9:38:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
That is incredible!

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 24 2021 :  09:25:01 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
maybe next you should make the biggest tank cars in the world
https://lionelllc.wordpress.com/2014/01/
3rd article down
Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Auxiliary Tender for Tank Engine Topic Next Topic: Tyco Covered Hopper Rebuild Project  
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.48 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000