Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 18 ]  [ Total: 18 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Identification Station
 one for an expert
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Bachmann all American Powertrain Topic Next Topic: One of a kind  

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - November 16 2020 :  11:29:06 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
my mate got this camelback,thinking its a takara,any ideas anyone,the box i believe is the importers name

catfordken
if you cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel,try turning around
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator 

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - November 16 2020 :  1:55:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
Hey ken! Long time no see!

I searched for pacific pike, found a few other locos but not the camelback. I also searched for Dickson Hog, but nothing. hmmmmm
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - November 16 2020 :  7:23:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
well thanks for looking my good man,had a death in family plus a few covid scares,so have been rather busy,ken
catfordken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Erik The Train Nerd
Hudson

Tyco/Mantua Rio Grande 4-8-0

Posted - November 16 2020 :  8:01:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erik The Train Nerd to Buddylist
no idea I couldn't find anything either
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 556  ~  Member Since: December 26 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - November 17 2020 :  07:13:22 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
quote:
well thanks for looking my good man,had a death in family plus a few covid scares,so have been rather busy,ken

Originally posted by catfordken - November 16 2020 :  7:23:49 PM

Oh crap, I hope everyone is ok. Sorry for your loss.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - November 17 2020 :  11:07:52 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
we are all better from covid scare,mother in law was 80 so she had a good life,but she will be missed by all a great lady
catfordken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - November 17 2020 :  11:50:35 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
yes, I'm sure you and your family shared many happy memories with her.

Just tried searching "Takara 2-8-0 camelback" and I got some results. I'm guessing it is a takara.

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - November 29 2020 :  08:34:44 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Just waiting to see who knew what. Yes, it was made by Takara but before then by the New One Model Company the original manufacture. imported and sold by Internation Model Products. IMP. It stayed on market for around 8 to 10 years the end of which was another manufacture name and a few more retailers. The name Akane became a manufacturer's name and then United. As an Akane model, there were a couple of importers. under United just Pacific fast Mail.
The model is of a Lehigh New England or Long Island RR consolidated camelback. Aristocraft had the Long Island road name put on their ready to run version. This is seen in a 1958 catalog.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!

Edited by - toptrain on November 29 2020 09:03:58 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - November 29 2020 :  10:37:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
thank you kind sir,your info is most welcome,and wishing you and your family as well as all other members and quests here a safe and as happy as we can xmas holidays,ken
catfordken

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 30 2020 :  07:39:17 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I thought I knew Takara
they the ones who started Transformers!
now its Takara Tomy Corp
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Erik The Train Nerd
Hudson

Tyco/Mantua Rio Grande 4-8-0

Posted - November 30 2020 :  09:42:26 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erik The Train Nerd to Buddylist
Didn't tomy also make the original TrackMaster Thomas trains?
Edited by - Erik The Train Nerd on November 30 2020 09:42:52 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 556  ~  Member Since: December 26 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - November 30 2020 :  09:48:21 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
yep!

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 30 2020 :  4:53:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
Didn't Tomy also make the original TrackMaster Thomas trains?

Originally posted by Erik The Train Nerd - November 30 2020 :  09:42:26 AM

Tomy has made those Plarail since 1961
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 01 2020 :  08:12:38 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
quote:
thank you kind sir,your info is most welcome,and wishing you and your family as well as all other members and quests here a safe and as happy as we can xmas holidays,ken

Originally posted by catfordken - November 29 2020 :  10:37:59 PM

Kenny It is good to hear from you anytime. I am sorry for your loss and thankful for your good wishes. Oh, Christmas is coming! I hope this will be a happy, and joyous time for you and your family.

You have a very good 2-8-0 camelback there. It seems in your photo to be in great condition. Pacific Pike was a Canadian importer of model trains. A company that was well known to modelers in Canada.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Bachmann all American Powertrain Topic Next Topic: One of a kind  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000