Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 8 ]  [ Total: 8 ]  [ Newest Member: Apollo X 1965 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Identification Station
 One of a kind
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: one for an expert Topic Next Topic: looking to identify a real train from the past  

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - April 11 2010 :  11:42:35 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
I picked this Very RARE boxcar done in KRISPY KREME theme up at the train show in Hickory NC on April 10th 2010. I do not know the maker of this boxcar as there are no stamp or markings on it identifying manufacturer. The seller could only tell me what he knew which is only 50 were made and KRISPY KREME told him to stop and not to make any more - but that he could sell the 50 already made up. This is the last one that the seller had. Krispy Kreme is based here in my home state of NC and is the doughnut of the South! Sorry Dunkin Lovers. This car was manufactured by Color Bright Toys and Collectibles of WATSONTOWN, PA. Oddly - on back of box - it says Licensed and Distributed by - well they got the distributed by right but not the license part CAr is equipped with knuckle couplers and a snap in type wheel set - Looks like a Model Power but not sure. The coupler has a bar over it mounted to car - see picture below - brake wheel molded to car and snap on lug body to frame

Edited by - Brianstyco on May 04 2010 11:34:16 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: January 31 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 21 2017 Alert Moderator 

shaygetz
Big Boy

Posted - April 11 2010 :  12:00:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add shaygetz to Buddylist
Sweet...I learned long ago that a fresh, hot dozen of Krispie Kremes will get a contractor to walk over burning coals for you.
 Posts: 2465  ~  Member Since: April 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: December 01 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - April 11 2010 :  12:05:55 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
looks very mehano-ish or ahm/rivarossi mehano-ish ken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - April 11 2010 :  2:02:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
quote:
looks very mehano-ish or ahm/rivarossi mehano-ish ken

Originally posted by catfordken - April 11 2010 :  12:05:55 PM

Ken - Thanks - i own no Mehano or Rivarossi freight cars
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: January 31 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 21 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - April 11 2010 :  2:03:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
quote:
Sweet...I learned long ago that a fresh, hot dozen of Krispie Kremes will get a contractor to walk over burning coals for you.

Originally posted by shaygetz - April 11 2010 :  12:00:13 PM

Very True ShayGetz!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: January 31 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 21 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - April 11 2010 :  3:03:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
It was originally a MarX car for sure but at this time may have been attributed to others. Is the same as my '50s and '60s MarX and the same truck. Would have said MarX in a circle on the bottom.
The box is the same as custom pianted equipment for Penn State that I recieved as a gift.

This car contains no calories!! :)

Alco Fan
Edited by - Alco Fan on April 11 2010 3:06:28 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

New_York_Central
Founder

NYCDreyfussAvatar

Posted - April 11 2010 :  3:58:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add New_York_Central to Buddylist
That's a sharp looking car Brian. The rarity of it makes even that much more special.

That definately was manufactured by Model Power with one of the many Marx molds that they acquired. I know that the boxcar and 2 bay hoppers that Model Power currently manufactures (outside of their metal trains) definately were original Marx molds. There are others by Model Power I'm sure. Model Power just seems to be acquisition oriented with little investment going into design. Paint schemes are about the limits of their ingenuity for their HO Scale trains.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1322  ~  Member Since: October 30 2005  ~  Last Visit: April 13 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - April 11 2010 :  4:00:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
stand corrected to a much wiser man on these subjects,my apologies for that brian ken

Edited by - catfordken on April 11 2010 4:04:47 PM
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

mytyco
Mikado

FECAvatar

Posted - April 11 2010 :  4:53:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add mytyco to Buddylist
Hi All,

SWEEEEEET car. I sure do miss my Krispy Kremes from when I was a kid in Florida. If I could find a job down there, I would be gone from here so fast I would leave a vacuum, LOL!

Anyway, That is a great find!
Mike

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 790  ~  Member Since: April 30 2006  ~  Last Visit: July 21 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - April 11 2010 :  8:32:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Nice Box Car Brian ! My wife & I used to love to go to the Krispy Kreme in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee right on the strip. Gettin' those fresh hot glazed is Heavenly!!
Walt

Luck, usually comes dressed in work clothes...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

burlington77
Big Boy

burlington2

Posted - April 11 2010 :  8:35:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add burlington77 to Buddylist
Okay, don't hurt me, but I don't get the Krispy Kreme thing. They're just donuts. Plain, boring donuts.

Nice boxcar though.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1166  ~  Member Since: October 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: December 23 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - April 11 2010 :  9:16:55 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
Alco Fan - Thank you for comment and info

NYC - Thank you for your comment and additional info on this car

CatfordKen - Thank you also

mytyco - Fed ex has a special box for shipping food in - can Fed Ex you some - you will just have to re-heat them for 8 seconds in a microwave for the HOT -N - NOW you would get from the store

Walt - Been to that Krispy Kreme in Pigeon Forge also! Nothing like a fresh hot glazed doughnut off the line with milk!

burlington77 - The big deal is going to The local Krispy Kreme store when the HOT - N- Now sign is lit. When the sign is lit up The store fills quickly as does the drive through. It means hot fresh doughnuts are coming off the line for purchase which there is nothing like a hot doughnut - None of the Dunkin doughnuts do this in my area. While you can purchase doughnuts anytime - the hot ones are the best with milk - next time your in the South visiting - find one with the sign lit. I will try to get a video of the crowds when the hot sign is lit and a shot of store when it is not on - big difference

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - April 11 2010 :  9:18:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:
Okay, don't hurt me, but I don't get the Krispy Kreme thing. They're just donuts. Plain, boring donuts.

Nice boxcar though.

Originally posted by burlington77 - April 11 2010 :  8:35:58 PM

Guess they're like chocolate, cats, and AMC Gremlins - you either love'em or don't. Nothing like a warm chocolate-covered donut while driving an AMC Gremlin and taking your cat to the vet. LOL!

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

burlington77
Big Boy

burlington2

Posted - April 12 2010 :  12:08:29 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add burlington77 to Buddylist
quote:

burlington77 - The big deal is going to The local Krispy Kreme store when the HOT - N- Now sign is lit. When the sign is lit up The store fills quickly as does the drive through. It means hot fresh doughnuts are coming off the line for purchase which there is nothing like a hot doughnut - None of the Dunkin doughnuts do this in my area. While you can purchase doughnuts anytime - the hot ones are the best with milk - next time your in the South visiting - find one with the sign lit. I will try to get a video of the crowds when the hot sign is lit and a shot of store when it is not on - big difference

Originally posted by Brianstyco - April 11 2010 :  9:16:55 PM

I'm in Missouri. We've got them here. I've been there, done that. My school even sells them once a year for a fundraiser...they get them hot and sell them right away. I still don't get it.

As for Dunkin'....I don't care about them either. I guess I'm just not "into doughnuts." I'll eat them. They're fine...but I don't really care.

On another note, there is a very small local doughnut shop near me that has a railroad theme. They've got signs and running models. That's worth it just for the fun.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1166  ~  Member Since: October 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: December 23 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - April 12 2010 :  12:29:56 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Heck man!! Doughnuts are tastey!! They are high in calories and very high in sugar!!! They are perfect for clogging up our arteries and giving us fat asses!!! What's there about a doughnut not to like! ?!?

I wanna box car full of 'em right now!!!

Walt

Luck, usually comes dressed in work clothes...

Edited by - walt on April 12 2010 12:31:34 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - April 12 2010 :  06:50:50 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
and guess what,they are now here in uk,tescos introduced them in january ken
http://www.krispykreme.co.uk/

Edited by - catfordken on April 12 2010 07:07:48 AM

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 12 2010 :  08:58:49 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
saaayyy I think I saw that in your vid you posted b4 it was with the Rio Grande cars I wants Neat car too & better fix the 1 of 500 to 1 of 50
Edited by - microbusss on April 12 2010 08:59:33 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - April 12 2010 :  09:03:38 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
i have thought a lot about this,who else thinks the box is very bachmann-ish ken

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - April 12 2010 :  09:35:08 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
You can tell where everyones mind is on this group. Including me now I have to go to Dunkin Donuts for my fix.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 12 2010 :  09:38:40 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
http://www.colorsbrighttoys.com/ did find the website Still has trains too
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

cicsos2
Little Six

SF Num 1108

Posted - April 12 2010 :  11:02:43 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add cicsos2 to Buddylist
If you have any friends (or even if they are not) who are Penn State fans - then send them the link... but don't tell their spouses that you've done that. All of the trains are decorated with PSU stuff. On another thread here are some delivery trucks - one is for Tyco. These folks have something similar for their coach.

A site like this for my school would be highly toxic to my pocketbook.

Cheers
Bill
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 122  ~  Member Since: May 17 2008  ~  Last Visit: July 29 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

New_York_Central
Founder

NYCDreyfussAvatar

Posted - May 01 2010 :  9:28:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add New_York_Central to Buddylist
Looks like you uploaded pictures with the same name. When you do that it overwrites pictures that you have previously uploaded with that name. This only affects users on an individual basis, each user has their own set of pics.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1322  ~  Member Since: October 30 2005  ~  Last Visit: April 13 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - May 03 2010 :  3:23:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Yes it is Model Power. Made withthe old MARX dies

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - November 01 2020 :  05:13:58 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Oh man! I accidentally found this one on Ebay last night! I paid a bunch for it, the most I have ever paid for a rail car. But wanted this one every since I saw Brian's 10 years ago! https://www.ebay.com/itm/Krispy-Kreme-Doughnuts-HO-Scale-Train-Car-Never-Run/293748335560?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Edited by - walt on November 01 2020 06:57:28 AM

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - November 01 2020 :  07:31:25 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
Wow walt!!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 01 2020 :  08:26:53 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
cool!
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Erik The Train Nerd
Hudson

Tyco/Mantua Rio Grande 4-8-0

Posted - November 01 2020 :  09:16:34 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erik The Train Nerd to Buddylist
That Is So Awesome!!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 556  ~  Member Since: December 26 2019  ~  Last Visit: February 22 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 01 2020 :  11:23:31 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I still want one!

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - November 01 2020 :  11:47:25 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

At least you have the photos of the car Ben. I read it is hard to find. Somewhat colorful.
The car tempts me to get those donuts. I try to lay off donuts as I watch my weight.
They were tasty though. One day I will sneak a few donuts down my throat.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5842  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - November 01 2020 :  3:41:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Thank You, Guys! Very hard to find, I haven't seen one since Brian showed his in 2010 !!

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - November 01 2020 :  8:37:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
This seller was high on prices! It had a make offer but I didn't want to lose the piece playing games. He had the common Bachmann Smuckers box car listed for $99.99...

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - November 01 2020 :  11:52:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Here is forum member Brian's video on this box car...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jONkK_Tq1O8&t=20s

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - November 05 2020 :  07:34:30 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Received the Krispy Kreme box car in todays mail. It arrived in town in the early AM yesterday... It's very nice, box and rolling stock both in crisp new condition. Much better than the photo the seller had listed.
Edited by - walt on November 05 2020 3:42:19 PM
  Previous Topic: one for an expert Topic Next Topic: looking to identify a real train from the past  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000