Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 16 ]  [ Total: 16 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Locomotive of the Week (LOTW)
 LOTW November 8 - 14, 2020
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: LOTW: Nov. 15th - Nov. 21st Topic Next Topic: LOTW October 25 to 31, 2020  

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - November 08 2020 :  09:56:08 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
My LOTW will be my Butlington Northern GP20, as it thunders around a mountain curve at the lead of a cascade green freight. This lovely unit came from Ephrata Valley Railroad, and will serve the ASL quite well.

Aaron Anderson
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 617  ~  Member Since: March 14 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator 

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 08 2020 :  12:45:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Wicked cool mean, green machine, A-A-Ron. Keeping it clean, even though I'd like to vent
my spleen, is another lean, green machine, The John Bull (cough) of 1831. Built in England
it was shipped in pieces to the USA and reassembled without a plan.

"Stephenson built the locomotive originally as an 0-4-0. The locomotive's power was transmitted to the driving axles through pistons that were mounted under the boiler between the two front wheels and in front of the front axle. These inside cylinders' main rods were connected to a rear crank axle with a connecting rod between the two axles to power the front axle.

Due to poorer quality track than was the norm in its native England, the locomotive had much trouble with derailment; the C&A's engineers added a leading truck to help guide the engine into curves.[3] The leading truck's mechanism necessitated the removal of the coupling rod between the two main axles, leaving only the rear axle powered. Effectively, the John Bull became a 4-2-0. Later, the C&A also added a pilot ("cowcatcher") to the lead truck.[12] The cowcatcher is an angled assembly designed to deflect animals and debris off of the railroad track in front of the locomotive. To protect the locomotive's crew from the weather, the C&A also added a cab to the locomotive. C&A workshop crews also added safety features such as a bell and headlight.

After several years serving as a switching engine and stationary boiler,[13] the John Bull was retired in 1866 and stored in Bordentown, New Jersey. Toward the end of its life in revenue service, the locomotive worked as a pump engine and as the power for a sawmill.[14]" (Excerpted from Wikipedia article).

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 08 2020 :  4:37:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Nice green locos, guys. But, I'm gonna break the green scheme with....

an HO-Scale Lima DB V160 diesel locomotive! This thing is light as a feather, but runs and hauls incredible. Here it is on the Ephrata Valley Railroad.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - November 08 2020 :  7:13:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
I have the Lima BR80 which will soon become Puffa, from TUGS
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 08 2020 :  8:07:12 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I'll hafta check my couplers to see what they are
because I needs a EU loco to pull my cars hehe
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 08 2020 :  10:18:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
quote:
I have the Lima BR80 which will soon become Puffa, from TUGS

Originally posted by BlaxlandAlex3-November 08 2020: 7:13:32 PM

Cool.

Buss, it seems that most Euro locos use a version of the loop n' hook coupler design, while Fleischmann's have a distinctive "hook" to their couplers that differs from others. I don't know much about this, though.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: LOTW: Nov. 15th - Nov. 21st Topic Next Topic: LOTW October 25 to 31, 2020  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000