Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 35 ]  [ Total: 35 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Locomotive of the Week (LOTW)
 LOTW: Nov. 15th - Nov. 21st
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: LOTW November 1 - November 7, 2020 Topic Next Topic: LOTW November 8 - 14, 2020  

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 15 2020 :  07:55:55 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Double-dipping on LOTW this week, with the Bachmann HO-Scale John Bull and De-Witt Clinton, now a part of the Ephrata Valley Railroad collection.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/

Edited by - RP model railroads on November 15 2020 07:57:49 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator 

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - November 15 2020 :  08:45:39 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
Nice early steamers RP! I am going to double-dip as well this week, but I am going to jump farther down the locomotive timeline. My first LOTW will be my Grand Trunk Western C430, a gift that Chops helped me obtain. Although it isn't perfect, it still looks quite dashing.

In my early days living along the CN line, I would quite often see GT locomotives, so I found this to be quite cool.

My second LOTW will be my CN GP20, now with a handrail kit installed.

Aaron Anderson
Edited by - A-A-RON on November 15 2020 09:06:55 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 617  ~  Member Since: March 14 2019  ~  Last Visit: March 08 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - November 15 2020 :  09:37:47 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
I never noticed until now how similar the GT and CN paint schemes are. Red front with white trim and lettering, solid color carbody, and even the logos look similar!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

A-A-RON
Mikado

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - November 15 2020 :  10:03:04 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add A-A-RON to Buddylist
CN owns GT, and it's been that way for a while. They painted an SD70 up in gT colors for their new heritage units. It looks incredible.
Aaron Anderson
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 617  ~  Member Since: March 14 2019  ~  Last Visit: March 08 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - November 15 2020 :  12:59:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
I saw!! What an awesome loco
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 15 2020 :  10:53:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Love those First Gens. Word to the wise, the motors on the De Witt
Clintons are simply awful and prone to burning out. Use sparingly.

Nothing like a Wet Noodle to get me going! Nice finds.

P&L switcher hunting down its tourist train coaches.

Edited by - Chops124 on November 16 2020 4:03:27 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11188  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 29 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - November 18 2020 :  08:06:25 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
My locomotive of the week is the HObbyline Fairbanks Noris H12-44. I may not have the Noris part of the manufacturer's name correct. The H denotes a switcher. The 12 is the 1200 Horsepower of the diesel. The 4 4 is the number of wheels per truck.
The industrial designer David Lowery gave this FM diesel a few added streamlining features changing the diesel's appearance, giving it a more modern look from its original FM exterior design.
I've been finding these locomotives and adding them to my loco roster for the last 20 years. Only in the last few years have they along with the various car made by HObbyline I now have made me think of these as a separate HObbyline collection. HObbyline made this model in different railroad paint schemes. Pennsylvania Railroad freight was the first in 1953 along with a HObbyline road name also all-black version. The Brunswick green color was called black by Mr. English the company owner, and from what I see, it is black without the slight green tint the PRR had. A Union Pacific model came next in 1954 followed by Lehigh Valley, C&O, and ATSF in 1955. A B&O version came out in 1956 and that completed the ones produced.
Now I have been lucky enough to have gotten all but one of these versions. The ATSF version has eluded me, so I made one copying the look from the 1955 retail catalog. This is another all-black version of the FM H12 locomotive. I have also made versions of a New York Central, and Jersey Central Railroad diesel.
Here is a photo of my roster of HObbyline H12-44 locomotives.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!

Edited by - toptrain on November 18 2020 08:48:46 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - November 18 2020 :  08:53:19 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
Nice collection! I believe it is "Fairbanks - Morse" Like morse code.
  Previous Topic: LOTW November 1 - November 7, 2020 Topic Next Topic: LOTW November 8 - 14, 2020  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000