Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 16 ]  [ Total: 16 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Layouts - Construction and Operations
 Super Fly 2: Henley Lock Down
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: My O Scale Urban Railroad Topic Next Topic: Super Fly: Age of the Corona Virus  

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 13 2020 :  05:48:32 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Adapting to this Windows 10 as I go along. Very challenging, lots of hidden tabs, vaguely titled
tabs, slow, fast, here, there, I suppose computer geeks love this stuff; for me it is a giant headache
of a hide and go seek variety. But we are stuck with it. No doubt, just as I am getting used to it, I
will be forced into Windows 11 and so on.

Does anyone know what this means?

"Google's OAuth 2.0 APIs can be used for both authentication and authorization. This document describes our OAuth 2.0 implementation for authentication, which conforms to the OpenID Connect specification, and is OpenID Certified. The documentation found in Using OAuth 2.0 to Access Google APIs also applies to this service. If you want to explore this protocol interactively, we recommend the Google OAuth 2.0 Playground. To get help on Stack Overflow, tag your questions with 'google-oauth'."

I have never read such impenatrable jibberish in my life.

After seven hours of repeatedly uploading video clips that erased without warning or predication of any kind,
I tried to load the finished project (phew) onto YouTube and got this insincere babble above. As I click on "next," it takes me to a "free trial" for some YouTube platform I never wanted or wish to pay for. Is YouTube going to "pay for play?"

Perhaps it is time to find another video platform. On this Vimeo link, very limited and awkward, you click on
the blue happy face which opens the video and you find and click on the right facing arrow.

-uh, never mind the video.It seems that Vimeo swallowed it up, and the web page simply redirects me to
sign up for various plans. I hate being cat fished like this, so absolutely coniving. 7 hours of work down
the drain.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator 

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - July 13 2020 :  06:32:56 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Shame you have to go through that trouble Jeff.
All those ads about computer ease are mostly false.

I took the easy way out.
My cellphone with T-Mobile does the same as a computer.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5871  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - July 13 2020 :  08:54:17 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
No idea on the whole windows 10 thing, I'm assuming you've tried googling it, but if not you should try.

YouTube sometimes advertises for their ad free YouTube premium service, but other than that it is completely free to upload. Perhaps just try again, maybe something went wrong? I have never ran into these problems so again, I'm not much help.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - July 13 2020 :  08:56:12 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
YouTube does not have a limit on the number of videos you can upload, and therefore they don't charge. Vimeo, however, does have a limit and once you reach it, you have to either delete some of your previous videos to upload more, or upgrade to their Premium Plans.

That being said, your Windows 10 issues sound a little.....interesting, to say the least. I consider myself fairly proficient with computers, and I to, had to learn a lot about how to navigate through Windows 10, as it was different than Windows 7/8, but I did not have issues with it not collaborating with websites. Are you sure your version is properly installed?

My laptop, which I bought over 2 years ago when Windows 10 first came out, I've been using almost every day and never had those problems. :(

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 13 2020 :  2:14:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
https://vimeo.com/437789186?utm_source=email&utm_medium=vimeo-cliptranscode-201504&utm_campaign=28749

Well, all is not lost, I did find the Vimeo platform with the latest edition of Super Fly 2:
Lock Down in Henley.

As to Youtube, there are 12 different formats to upload a video, and by trial and error I found
that I need to use MP 4, and that somehow it got flicked to another format that my youtube
account did not recognize.

Now it's asking what device, another 12, I want to upload it to, desk top not being one of them,
but again, by trail and error I hope to find my way home. I just now found this edition on
youtube, but somehow it has achieved the title of "Athearn Truck Power." I uploaded the Vimeo
version as it is here, now.

If any good came out of this, I finally solved, or mostly solved, the problem with a Pixel XL phone
that was given to me by a friend who wants me to give up my simple to use (relatively) flip phone.
Not as many buttons to push.

Strangely it never worked, and absolutely everyone I tasked this with said, "get a new phone."
I am learning that all the commands are hidden like layers of an onion, and one has to peel back layer
upon layer, upon layer in hopes of stumbling on what the problem is. Then upon each layer, trial, error,
repeat half a dozen times, go to the next layer.

In this manner, I stumbled upon a tab "USB Device" under settings. One problem USB Device doesn't
always show up on its own, so I have to enter it as a Search item. Having done that, one eventually
gets to an obscure set of on/off tabs, some work, some do not. From there one has to click on
"Data Transfer," or the phone will not communicate to the desk top. Ah, but there is more: each time
the phone is unplugged, it defaults back to a condition of "no data transfer," so each time the phone
is used as a camera, it does take astonishing photos, the whole process has to be repeated from
scratch.

I will probably become more proficient with 10, but it is not pleasant. Good luck to you all, and
enjoy the video, I put a lot of work into it.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - July 13 2020 :  2:23:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
Despite the trial and error, it came out great! I can't say I wasn't biting my nails hoping the two trains wouldn't smack each other leaving and entering the crosstrack sections!

Darn, sorry about the dinosaur problem. I gave him some of my lunch earlier. I think that's why he's pestering others for food.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - July 13 2020 :  10:12:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Great video once again, Chops, and love that Tyco Dino at the end.
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: My O Scale Urban Railroad Topic Next Topic: Super Fly: Age of the Corona Virus  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000