Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 18 ]  [ Total: 18 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Rolling Stock
 2-56 rivet nuts
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: TYCO 50'' box car Mashup #1 Topic Next Topic: Trucks for Red and Blue  Box Freight Cars  

kirkifer
Switcher

Posted - December 03 2019 :  4:56:09 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add kirkifer to Buddylist
I am looking for a source for the 2-56 rivet nuts that people use to remove the trucks with plastic pins and replace them with screw on trucks. I remember this idea from a post way back around 2014. I have used these rivet nuts and they work great ! The original poster indicated they were hard to find in 2-56 but he found some on eBay. Well, that seller no longer exists. Anyone know where I can get them?

Here is the original thread discussing this cool modification

http://www.tycoforums.com/tyco/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15163

Edited by - kirkifer on December 03 2019 4:59:49 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1  ~  Member Since: December 03 2019  ~  Last Visit: March 29 2024 Alert Moderator 

Crown Vic
Little Six

Posted - December 05 2019 :  09:26:56 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Crown Vic to Buddylist
I bought a batch back then and they worked great. Ran out about a year ago and have been searching for them ever since with no luck.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 101  ~  Member Since: June 26 2019  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - December 08 2019 :  02:55:59 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
Look for blind nuts. The official term.
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: TYCO 50'' box car Mashup #1 Topic Next Topic: Trucks for Red and Blue  Box Freight Cars  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000