Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 16 ]  [ Total: 16 ]  [ Newest Member: Yellow_TankCar ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Customizing & Kitbashing
 Last One...??? Amtrak MoW E60CP
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Tyco CN passenger coach Topic Next Topic: Mantua Driver Swap  

AF Kid
Mikado

JerseyCentralAvatar

Posted - November 14 2019 :  10:06:56 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add AF Kid to Buddylist
I finished the Amtrak MoW E60CP today. I have been working on the last few months. I had to do this over I think 6x. It was a black shell, to get the orange brighter I had to use a Testor's classic white enamel undercoating. I tried painting it with Testor's Mango Orange but the color wasn't right. So I went back to using Badger Western Pacific orange. This is not an enamel or acrylic paint. I used my Satin Dull Coat mix of Testor's Dull Coat/Gloss Coat finish. I had it completed earlier but I had a problem with the Satin finish as it did't come out right. So I did it over completely again. I have used it on all of my other MoW engines. This was a Walthers E60CP kit I got off of Ebay last year. I added has front and rear directional 2mm LED headlights. After these pics were taken, I painted the chassis flat black to make it look better.

Last fall in Oct 2018, I suffered a severe injury to my left index finger for the second time in 3 months.
I have a limited use of my left had and I am not able to really use my left index finger at all. So it time to move on to other hobbies. A German Shep mix attacked my dog and I. In saving my dog I suffered ruptured tendons in my left index finger. This was the second time in 3 months that I had to have the same surgery. The first time I severed the nerves and tendons in the same finger. The dog attack totally destroyed it. I have a hard time doing quality work with the loss of dexterity in my left hand.
So this will most likely be that last detailed piece I will do.....

The on Aug 22 this year I had to put my Black Lab Bosco down. He suffered from seizures at times. He had 3 on 7/27/19 in 5 hours. His back legs slowly stopped working after that, he really couldn't walk anymore. I had no choice. It left me devastated, as there was a lot of life left in him.....
Bosco's Pic:

Edited by - AF Kid on November 16 2019 09:55:36 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 650  ~  Member Since: April 28 2010  ~  Last Visit: May 15 2024 Alert Moderator 

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - November 15 2019 :  07:09:56 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
Wow! love that e60. Sad to hear about bosco. He looked like a great dog. It's a shame that had to happen.

Hope you are feeling better!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 15 2019 :  3:40:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
What an incredible Amtrak locomotive! Excellent work!

So sorry to hear about Bosco, as he sounds like he was the perfect companion. :( Also, I do hope that you are somehow able to recover dexterity, because your kitbashing/custom work is absolutely amazing.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 16 2019 :  8:02:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Regards to the late Bosco. Looks like he had a happy and full
life with you.

That E60 is a real show stopper.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11211  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 17 2019 :  2:49:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I could see Amtrak running this up & down the Northeast Corridor uses as a MOW train
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14696  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AF Kid
Mikado

JerseyCentralAvatar

Posted - April 25 2020 :  9:44:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add AF Kid to Buddylist
Meet my new buddy... Diesel (he came with that name) He is an English Black Lab like Bosco was.
He came from a rescue in Eastern Tenn. 1 1/2 yrs old and he is an untrained beast.... But very sweet.
He loves to play all day with the rope and his tennis ball.... I got him on 2/29/2020.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 650  ~  Member Since: April 28 2010  ~  Last Visit: May 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 25 2020 :  10:34:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
What a beautiful lab. I am sure he will figure things out
with a few treats. Labs are so amazingly smart. Nice to
get a second look at your great E60. Does it run on its
Bachmann PT motor? I ended up retrofitting mine with
a cut in half Athearn BB SD chassis. Fantastic model, but
oh Lord help us with those PT motors.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11211  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

southwestforests
Switcher

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - April 26 2020 :  02:59:24 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add southwestforests to Buddylist
Oh dear, what a mix of trauma and success, in both parts of life.
Say hey to Diesel for us.

“There are a thousand things that can happen when you go light a rocket engine, and only one of them is good.” — Tom Mueller, SpaceX, 2012
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 94  ~  Member Since: May 23 2017  ~  Last Visit: May 26 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - April 26 2020 :  09:11:13 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
Oh wow! Diesel looks ready to go!

Does he like ALCO's or EMD's?

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AF Kid
Mikado

JerseyCentralAvatar

Posted - April 29 2020 :  8:09:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add AF Kid to Buddylist
quote:
What a beautiful lab. I am sure he will figure things out
with a few treats. Labs are so amazingly smart. Nice to
get a second look at your great E60. Does it run on its
Bachmann PT motor? I ended up retrofitting mine with
a cut in half Athearn BB SD chassis. Fantastic model, but
oh Lord help us with those PT motors.

Originally posted by Chops124 - April 25 2020 :  10:34:17 PM

Thanks on my dog....

The E60CP is an American GK model. They originally used Athearn parts. It has an Athearn motor and directional 2mm LED lighting....
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 650  ~  Member Since: April 28 2010  ~  Last Visit: May 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Tyco CN passenger coach Topic Next Topic: Mantua Driver Swap  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000