Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 28 ]  [ Total: 28 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Railroadiana
 The True Penn Central
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Eagle Lake and West Branch Railroad Topic Next Topic: random track laying video on youtube  

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - January 24 2019 :  7:37:50 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
https://youtu.be/7taCfXihUpg

This amazing video was forwarded to me. It captures the baling wire and chewing gum nature of the PC
in its twilight years. Bizarre mixes of head end power, black smoke from used up motors, sad, but great
stuff.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11188  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 24 2024 Alert Moderator 

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - January 24 2019 :  11:04:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Wow - thank you for sharing, Chops! This video had some incredible footage...and lashups. My favorite was the late-livery PRR F9A followed by a Penn Central F9A, and lastly a PC F9B.
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - January 25 2019 :  11:14:12 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
now see why the red P wasn't a good idea since it fades over time
Boy you oughta Google Earth these places to see what they look like NOW!
lots has changed

Edited by - microbusss on January 25 2019 11:15:10 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14683  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 26 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - December 20 2020 :  4:03:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Deserves another look. Thanks Jeff.

Still nice to see and remember.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5774  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 20 2020 :  4:55:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I'd forgotten about this. Reminds me that back in the day, I felt my
calling was to work on the railroad. But I was told that the PC was
an example of how this was an industry on its way out and there
was no future in it.

I've since spoke with one former PC engineer, who said he was hired on
back in '67, and that yes, he'd get laid off, but only for very short periods and then put to work right away again. He enjoyed piloting the Turbo Train, and was fond of passenger service in general, as one spent little ide time in sidings and followed a predictable schedule. When Con Rail took over, he had a very favorable impression of those improvements, but during the NS years he was not very fond of it, finding the management indifferent to the boots on the ground, causing much wasted effort and delays.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11188  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Eagle Lake and West Branch Railroad Topic Next Topic: random track laying video on youtube  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.45 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000