Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 26 ]  [ Total: 26 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Scenery & Structures
 Shanty Town
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Model Railroading with Legos Topic Next Topic: Vintage 1950''s scenery matieral  

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 12 2018 :  5:06:45 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
by Gordon Pugh, ca. 1997, at the El Paso Model Train Club
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11188  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 24 2024 Alert Moderator 

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - June 12 2018 :  5:09:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Neat, Chops!! Are those "shanties" former MOW cars, or just box cars that had windows implemented?
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - June 12 2018 :  9:05:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
Neat, Chops!! Are those "shanties" former MOW cars, or just box cars that had windows implemented?

Originally posted by RP model railroads - June 12 2018 :  5:09:24 PM

kits actually
I think Model Power, Life-Like & others made them as yard offices
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14683  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 26 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Barry
Big Boy

DRGWAvatar

Posted - June 12 2018 :  11:54:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Barry to Buddylist
Neat photo Jeff.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2087  ~  Member Since: March 16 2013  ~  Last Visit: July 05 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 13 2018 :  12:47:30 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Thanks, Barry. I believe Gordon was installing these pieces just about
the time I met and joined the Club. I rather like the way he was able
to bring out the glass and ceramic jars and jugs on the foremost
shanty. He was always very meticulous in everything he did.

I had heard he passed away, and then about six months later
ran into him at the public library. Quite to my surprise, the
"reports of his death were greatly exaggerated." I elected not
to pass this newsworthy item over to him, just the same; my
shock being enough to handle.

He had taken up dry dirt gold mining, north of El Paso, in a chancy
little town that time, and pretty much the rest of the world, forgot,
called Oro Grande. Not much Oro, and even less grande.

Gordon, from his days in the field, eating and breathing dirt from the
dry mining process, looked rather ghostly, as he was covered
from hat to boot in a fine layer of New Mexican dust, but otherwise
looked quite healthy.

This be a true story.

Edited by - Chops124 on June 13 2018 12:48:32 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11188  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - June 13 2018 :  10:40:32 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
Could be Plasticville or Revell as well OR reproduces Revell
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1060  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: March 27 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 13 2018 :  3:54:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Some fragmentary recollection of a brief conversation with Gordo
leads me to think he said, "Revell." That was before he died and
reappeared in the library.

Edited by - Chops124 on June 13 2018 3:56:20 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11188  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Model Railroading with Legos Topic Next Topic: Vintage 1950''s scenery matieral  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.53 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000