Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 14 ]  [ Total: 14 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Scenery & Structures
 Vintage 1950's scenery matieral
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Shanty Town Topic Next Topic: Working of Castle  

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - May 19 2018 :  2:45:23 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Got this stuff from my train shop guy a few weeks ago. Someone wanted to see the orange ground cover? here ya go! Some red, too. I like these round containers of various products , very retro model railroading.

Pretty cool stuff!

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator 

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - May 19 2018 :  2:58:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
got some of that myself Wonder if the cement is still tacky
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 26 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - May 19 2018 :  6:53:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
AWESOME Vintage-ness!
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - May 19 2018 :  7:52:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:
got some of that myself Wonder if the cement is still tacky

Originally posted by thesiding - May 19 2018 :  2:58:37 PM

The cement really IS cement - is a fine gray powder, I imagine just add water. It was still silty feeling, so I suspect it's still good. Hasn't hardened up or dried out or gotten solid.

Jerry

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

PRR 4800
Big Boy

MantuaShifterAvatar

Posted - May 19 2018 :  11:39:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add PRR 4800 to Buddylist
MIDLIN was a maker of track products in the 40s IIRC--I have a (cast lead) Midlin track gauge and a few of their "self-gauging" precut wood ties for handlaying track. Very neat find with that ballast cement!
--CRC
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 930  ~  Member Since: January 25 2012  ~  Last Visit: August 23 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - May 21 2018 :  2:31:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Thanks, I was asking about the orange ground cover. That is
so weird that it breaks the Geiger Counter of weirdness.
What scenic application would that have had???
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - May 23 2018 :  10:55:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:
Thanks, I was asking about the orange ground cover. That is
so weird that it breaks the Geiger Counter of weirdness.
What scenic application would that have had???

Originally posted by Chops124 - May 21 2018 :  2:31:21 PM

Mount Kaleua in Hawaii ? LOL!

Jerry

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Shanty Town Topic Next Topic: Working of Castle  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000