Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 18 ]  [ Total: 18 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Locomotive of the Week (LOTW)
 LOTW: April 1st - April 7th
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: LOTW: April 8th - April 14th Topic Next Topic: LOTW March  25 - 31, 2018  

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - March 31 2018 :  11:25:18 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Here's my LOTW offering:

I'm pleased to introduce the latest addition to the Ephrata Valley Railroad locomotive roster -- Santa Fe FTA #1477, made by Bachmann!! I obtained this locomotive in spectacular used condition from Ebay for only $17.00, shipping included. The only thing I performed to the FTA was exchanging couplers - from Kadee/knuckle style to horn-hook.

This locomotive runs very smoothly and has strong hauling power. All I need now is a dummy FTA or FTB to accompany this locomotive in its service.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator 

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - March 31 2018 :  11:48:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
That's the 8 wheel drive one, right? I believe powered FTBs are available.
Glenn

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1486  ~  Member Since: December 13 2008  ~  Last Visit: April 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - April 01 2018 :  07:28:28 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Yes, mine is an 8-wheel drive DC Santa Fe FTA. I know there are powered FTB's that exist, but are they DC only? If so, are they like rare?, because I have seen none on Ebay (even DCC powered B-units are uncommon it seems.....)

I did win an auction on Friday for a powered Santa Fe Bachmann FTA that looks exactly like mine -- the shell is in excellent condition, however, one of the drive shafts keeps popping off (according to the seller) so, I believe it would be the perfect candidate for dummy-i-zation. Therefore, I soon will have a dummy FTA.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 01 2018 :  11:47:05 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
For once, in keeping with the ATSF theme, and
the autumnal theme simultaneously, is something
RP got me involved in- the E60.

https://youtu.be/hllgbNgcL_o

Edited by - Chops124 on April 01 2018 5:06:16 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11204  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 06 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mike
Big Boy

CNRAvatar

Posted - April 03 2018 :  11:47:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mike to Buddylist
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1586  ~  Member Since: December 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - April 06 2018 :  2:36:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Awesome NH E7, Mike! I do hope that I can score 1 E7 or E8 - any manufacturer - sometime in the near future, for the locomotive roster of the Ephrata Valley Railroad.

**NOTICE: I have conducted research, and thus have re-classified the Santa Fe FTA as #400, not #1477, which was completely unrealistic

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - April 06 2018 :  3:53:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
My Akane 2-8-0 is now CRR of NJ #189.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Barry
Big Boy

DRGWAvatar

Posted - April 06 2018 :  7:40:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Barry to Buddylist
That 2-8-0 is a nice looking machine Frank.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2087  ~  Member Since: March 16 2013  ~  Last Visit: July 05 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: LOTW: April 8th - April 14th Topic Next Topic: LOTW March  25 - 31, 2018  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000