Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 15 ]  [ Total: 15 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Locomotive of the Week (LOTW)
 LOTW Feb. 18 to 24, 2018
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: LOTW: Feb. 11th - Feb. 17th Topic Next Topic: LOTW Jan 28-Feb 3, 2017  

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - February 18 2018 :  2:39:22 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

In my quest for a functioning Conrail SW 1500, I picked up this old BB
at Riudoso, New Mexico, yesterday, for $25. I have an awfully nice Athearn
shell in CR, but have learned the hard way that the older Athearn chassis are
substantially different, in dimension as well as conductivity aspects, than the
new. So, having been through this once, I am going to tackle this chassis
with a file and force it to fit, whether it likes it or not!! The master
kit bashers and craftsmen on the TF make it look so easy!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator 

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - February 18 2018 :  10:08:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Good luck on getting your Conrail SW1500 to work well!!

Here's my LOTW offering-

I picked up this locomotive at the January train show as well, at a great price considering both its mint condition as well as value. I have actually searched for this locomotive for quite some time, but practically every single one on Ebay is defective in some way (busted handrails, missing horn etc.) It is a Bachmann Union Pacific GP18 that I have since "reclassified" as a GP9, due to the fact that I believe that Union Pacific never actually had a "high-nosed" GP18, but had plenty of GP9s, which are extremely similar to the Bachmann supposed GP18.

One final note: Bachmann experts might notice that the bell isn't the Bachmann one....when I obtained it, the only thing the UP GP9 was missing was its silver bell. Thanks to a for-parts shell from Chops, I simply transferred a Tyco brass GP20 bell to the GP9, and the contrast to the silver horn is neat!

The Bachmann Union Pacific GP9 is performing well, hauling a 7 car load on the outer line, consisting of piggyback cars, container cars, UP tractor-trailer on-a-flatcar, and lastly, a UP caboose.

The Real Deal: (image credit to W.L. Hammond collection of Gregory Baker)

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/

Edited by - RP model railroads on February 18 2018 10:11:25 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mike
Big Boy

CNRAvatar

Posted - February 18 2018 :  11:46:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mike to Buddylist

Mike
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1586  ~  Member Since: December 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - February 20 2018 :  06:29:15 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
* A 3 unit EMD FT A-B-A in Lackawanna by Stewart.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: LOTW: Feb. 11th - Feb. 17th Topic Next Topic: LOTW Jan 28-Feb 3, 2017  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000