Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 13 ]  [ Total: 13 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 Bachmann Motive Power/Rolling Stock & Accessories
 When Model Power ripped off Bachmann...
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Bachmann High-Railers Topic Next Topic: Got an E60CP, finally!  

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - December 07 2017 :  7:13:05 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist
Does anyone remember back in the late 90s when Model Power came out with their own roadbed track to compete with Bachmann's E-Z Track? But unlike some other companies' own roadbed track that was unique to their own in some ways (such as Atlas True-Track or Life-Like Power-Loc track), Model Power's Lock-It roadbed track was a very obvious knock-off of the Bachmann track!

It came in steel and nickel-silver versions. Also, instead of being completely made in China, Model Power took their Italy-made existing track sections and had them attached to a China-made snap-together roadbed that was designed to be compatible with E-Z Track. The terminal rerailer section was different-looking (and only came in an 18"-radius curve), and the bumpers were lighted (compared to the E-Z Track bumpers.)
Not surprisingly, Bachmann filed a lawsuit about this, from what I heard, and the Lock-It track was discontinued and has become somewhat hard to find. From then on, Model Power mostly only made conventional Code-100 snap-track, albeit with a limited selection, even well since MRC bought the company. Model Power's only train set currently on the market, the Missile Force, ironically DOES come with steel Bachmann E-Z Track (not unlike the Athearn and Walthers sets also including E-Z Track), but that could be because it's a prepackaged HO train set aimed at consumers (I can't think of any HO train sets currently on the American market that DON'T include roadbed track!)
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 595  ~  Member Since: January 03 2013  ~  Last Visit: December 24 2023 Alert Moderator 

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 08 2017 :  3:51:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Never seen Lock It, my goodness, did they think Bachmann wouldn't
notice? Good track, that, I wish is was made back in '70's!!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Bachmann High-Railers Topic Next Topic: Got an E60CP, finally!  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000