Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 14 ]  [ Total: 14 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Layouts - Construction and Operations
 New house layout!
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
Previous Page | Next Page
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Elbonia: Gateway to the Future Topic Next Topic: Henley: Britain in OO
Page: of 7

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 19 2018 :  10:12:21 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Awesome! The saw mill with stream is especially clever.
Edited by - Chops124 on March 19 2018 10:13:04 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - March 21 2018 :  1:19:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist

I also now have illuminated the Life-Like Ace Super Market!

And I got the TYCO log dump bin working as well!

Another shot of my hoboes together.

I found my Bachmann Plasticville swimming pool accessory and set it up behind the Plasticville split-level house.

The Bachmann LED blinking oil tank all wired up and in use now.

It's a bit hard to tell but I also have a light in the TYCO Arlee Station as well; one of those newer Bachmann LED ones. It has a yellowish color, most likely to emulate an incandescent light.

And of course, a shot of the layout in the dark showing most of the illuminated action!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 595  ~  Member Since: January 03 2013  ~  Last Visit: December 24 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 21 2018 :  2:37:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
That looks amazing, Wiley. How 'bout some close up night shots?
Night video?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - March 21 2018 :  8:03:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist
That's a possibility. I hope to soon shoot a video probably by the start of next month.

But anyways, here are more updates...

A workspace I've set up for building structures and such.

Just another shot of my current BNSF freight consist. I was able to stick a piece of plastic sprue from a building kit into the windmill seen there to keep it attached to the platform.

I have been able to stick my NJ International Griswold crossing signal on the layout. Once I get a crossing signal controller for there I will wire it up and such.

I got another Life-Like HO-scale General Store building kit; this time an older issue that includes labels for actual products instead of those fictional counterparts they came up with afterward to avoid getting sued.

I've also been working on putting together the drive-in movie theater, even though I don't have the right-sized tablet to fit in the screen yet.

Now for some Bachmann trivia! Did you know that back when Bachmann introduced the E-Z Track line in 1994, it was initially called the "Right Track" System? Then they shortly changed the name to "E-Z Track," which has stuck since. Maybe it was due to Atlas using the phrase "You're on the right track with Atlas!" or something. Back in 1994, all they had in E-Z Track was 18"-radius curves, 9" straights, left and right remote turnouts and a 9" straight terminal rerailer. It makes sense, since they were just starting out. That was all they also had for sectional steel track in 1994 as well, before finally phasing that out in 1997. Today, the steel E-Z Track lineup has some more options than that, but is still small compared to the wide variety of lengths, radii and turnout configurations in the nickel-silver E-Z Track line! (Which is why I used the nickel-silver E-Z Track on my current layout.)
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 595  ~  Member Since: January 03 2013  ~  Last Visit: December 24 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RealBnsfIA
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - March 21 2018 :  8:17:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RealBnsfIA to Buddylist
Neat, that theater will look interesting once set up!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 241  ~  Member Since: October 02 2017  ~  Last Visit: March 31 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 22 2018 :  12:26:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - March 22 2018 :  6:53:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Looking good, wiley!! Love that drive-thru movie-theater, as it takes shape.
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - March 22 2018 :  9:27:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
That E-Z track story is interesting, especially since in some non-American dialects of English, that would be pronounced "E-Zed track." I thought they'd make their branding more universal.
Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - March 22 2018 :  10:06:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist

Here's the Amtrak train stopped at the Arlee Station.

Doing some more realistic railroad switching/right-of-way operations here so I can move the trains from one loop to the other.

I am now placing the speakers into the drive-in theater layout (remember drive-in speakers?)

The BNSF freight stopped at the Plasticville freight station as a hobo sits in one of the boxcars.

People can board the Amtrak train from both platforms at the downtown station when it's on the inner loop!

The TYCO freight-unloading depot in action!

Here's the BNSF freight rounding through the woods.

The semaphore signal is adjusted to red so the BNSF freight can pass by here.

Edited by - wiley209 on March 22 2018 10:18:32 PM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 23 2018 :  12:15:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Great action shots: love the way that Amtrak coils around the curve
to the station, pipe unloader in action, the drive in is taking shape,
nice forest. Lavender tree reminds me of one Walt did a while back.

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 23 2018 :  12:22:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
yes I do & I OWN 2 of them drive=in speakers!

course I gotta drive 63 miles to the nearest drive-in

Also that the EXACT Al's General Store I wants too!!!

Edited by - microbusss on March 23 2018 12:28:44 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - March 23 2018 :  2:38:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Whoa! Your new layout is really taking shape, wiley - nice work! That BNSF "Geep" is awesome!
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - March 23 2018 :  10:46:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist
quote:
Whoa! Your new layout is really taking shape, wiley - nice work! That BNSF "Geep" is awesome!

Originally posted by RP model railroads - March 23 2018 :  2:38:24 PM

Thanks! After all, it was my first DCC-equipped locomotive I bought almost four years ago! It came with my Bachmann E-Z Command DCC unit. I bought that package for my previous layout since I was getting started in DCC and wanted a system I could learn easily and could also get started with a decoder-equipped locomotive right away. Now I've got a lot of decoder-equipped locomotives! (I plan to upgrade one of my steam engines with one soon!)

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - March 23 2018 :  11:07:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
quote:
quote:

Thanks! After all, it was my first DCC-equipped locomotive I bought almost four years ago! It came with my Bachmann E-Z Command DCC unit. I bought that package for my previous layout since I was getting started in DCC and wanted a system I could learn easily and could also get started with a decoder-equipped locomotive right away. Now I've got a lot of decoder-equipped locomotives! (I plan to upgrade one of my steam engines with one soon!)

Originally posted by wiley209 - March 23 2018 :  10:46:46 PM

Awesome!! I give the kudos to you, and anyone else here, for operating DCC trains! They certainly can create a realistic operating experience.

For me.....even though I'm a millennial, I prefer utilizing the "old DC stuff" - Tyco PT locomotives, MU-2 style motors which produce a unique low-growling sound within a "Red Box Era" Tyco plastic locomotive shell, and Bachmann's 1970's style "Pancake" motor hum. Fascinating!

Edited by - RP model railroads on March 23 2018 11:08:22 PM

RealBnsfIA
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - March 24 2018 :  09:46:42 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RealBnsfIA to Buddylist
quote:
quote:
quote:

Originally posted by wiley209 - March 23 2018 :  10:46:46 PM

Awesome!! I give the kudos to you, and anyone else here, for operating DCC trains! They certainly can create a realistic operating experience.

For me.....even though I'm a millennial, I prefer utilizing the "old DC stuff" - Tyco PT locomotives, MU-2 style motors which produce a unique low-growling sound within a "Red Box Era" Tyco plastic locomotive shell, and Bachmann's 1970's style "Pancake" motor hum. Fascinating!

Originally posted by RP model railroads - March 23 2018 :  11:07:28 PM

I too like operating DCC trains, but my Bachmann EZ controller crapped out on me in just one year!
Good lord those old bachmann pancakes do make quite a sound
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 241  ~  Member Since: October 02 2017  ~  Last Visit: March 31 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 24 2018 :  1:18:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Wow, another Bachmann product bites the dust. I've had some
luck with the Bachmann Acela, but other pieces have had their
side rods plop off with astonishing regularity.

Too bad that Bachmann makes such beautiful pieces
with such bad quality control.

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - March 24 2018 :  8:29:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist
Well, so far I've had pretty good luck with Bachmann! Their newer stuff mainly.
And here are some more photos...

I thought this looked like a cool sight, seeing the freight cars on the Bachmann blinking bridge like that.

I now have a third train placed on the layout as well; an auto-carrier train! I took my Bachmann BNSF GP40 and matching caboose and hooked them up to my Athearn, TYCO and Life-Like auto-carrier cars. As you can see in the background, I got out my Walthers Trainline BNSF "Fakebonnet" Dash 8-40BW locomotive to pull the main freight, along with a matching Trainline Santa Fe caboose.

Here I have the main freight train in the foreground. There's just something neat about seeing a much more modern diesel locomotive like the Dash 8-40BW pulling a freight train that includes older TYCO cars.

Here's a creative use for TYCO's old blinking traffic lights. They make great fire station traffic signals! (I haven't wired it up yet, but I plan to soon.)

Placed some cars on where the drive-in theater is going and put in another row of those old speaker posts. After Anime Boston and my next payment comes in, I'll buy a few more paints so I can build the ticket booth and the snack bar/projection booth structures (I hope I can find color photos of Brockton's old Skyview Drive-In for inspiration on how to paint it!) Then I just need to find my older Android tablet, as it was misplaced during the move to the new house, and slide it into the screen. (If not, I'll just buy a used/refurbished iPad Mini 4 and use that, as I am also an Apple guy.)

I finally got around to replacing the burnt-out bulb in my Life-Like flashing light storage tank. I used a red Model Power blinking LED. It looks a lot more realistic now, too. When I first got it, the whole tank seemed to illuminate, so I painted the interior black except the red translucent dome on the top, and that helped a bit. But thanks to the new Model Power blinking LED, it looks more like the real thing!

I learned how I can drill slots to fit the Bachmann E-Z Track Simplimatic remote switch plugs through my control panel. It looks less cluttered now for sure. (But I am still having trouble trying to get it through the main platform with its' extruded foam. Any turnouts near the edge I will just run the wire to the edge of the platform and down, and then hide it with landscaping ground cover.)

It's hard to get a clear shot of my model trains in motion on my phone, as they look a bit blurry, even when running at a slow speed! But it does seem to create a neat motion effect.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - March 24 2018 :  10:15:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Awesome stuff, wiley! And, nice work as always!

By the way, I have the same problem trying to take shots of my trains in action -- even at a slow speed, the image is still blurry.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 25 2018 :  2:21:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Well, maybe Bachmann is getting the idea, I really do like their
stuff, the detailing is almost like brass in some cases. Glad to
hear it.

As for your layout, no corners cut here- looks like you're going
full on! I'd like to see those traffic lights when you get them wired.

Oh, hey, I tried that trick of placing EZ track on Styrofoam. Didn't
work as well as I hoped. How do you secure the track to the foam?

RealBnsfIA
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - March 26 2018 :  09:36:32 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RealBnsfIA to Buddylist
Nice work Wiley!
Bachmann is kind of a mixed bag, I like their stuff they look and run great but reliability is a big issue. Now they want me to send them $45 to fix my controller which shouldn't have broken in only a year!

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - April 06 2018 :  5:42:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist
It's been a while but here are some more new pics!

I found that those holes I make when drilling to run the Bachmann E-Z track switch wires under the platform can be easily filled with leftover bits of insulation foam. (I have to make the holes be elongated and rectangular-shaped due to the rectangular plugs Bachmann uses for their remote switches.

Here is one of those filled holes after the wire is run through it, with the ballast ground cover sprinkled over it.

The two holes from the first image with ground cover applied.

For my most recent demonstration of this train layout for some relatives, I had my auto-carrier train be hauled by my Bachmann Bluetooth-equipped BNSF GP35 diesel! They got a kick out of that.

In the residential area and near the drive-in theater I've applied the Walthers SceneMaster adhesive roadway. It's actually made by Busch, but the paint job is modified to look more like an American roadway. Now they just need to make intersection roadway sections as well...

Here I've placed the Woodland Scenics "Cop'n a Kiss" AutoScene on the "Lovers' Lane" ledge.

A bit of leftover Woodland Scenics roadway placed in front of the TYCO Lighted Signal Crossing.

The main freight unloading crates from the TYCO operating boxcar as the Amtrak train passes by on the other track.

Another shot of the freight train having one of the piggyback truck trailers unloaded. As I said, one fun thing about these operating freight car accessories is how even though they were clearly aimed at kids, they do allow for being able to actually load and unload cargo on freight trains and make for a more realistic operation!

Both trains passing each other at the railroad crossing near the Lovers' Lane.

The BNSF freight is flagged down due to a switch problem. (I fixed it after taking this photo.)

I have my Model Power 3-light signal wired up now, currently set on red to prevent any other trains from crashing into the back of the BNSF freight.

And of course, here's the layout as being run by a "guest engineer" of sorts: K-O the Kangaroo of the Brockton Rox baseball team!

Edited by - wiley209 on April 06 2018 6:34:15 PM

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - April 06 2018 :  6:41:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Whoa! Your layout looks great! Keep up the great work!

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 06 2018 :  7:18:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Just keeps gettiing better! The small town America
theme is great to look at.

I see you've got a cross over, at least one, there.
Does this allow the train to get in and exit out
somewhere down the line? You got DCC, do
you run trains on same circuit, and if so, how
does that work out for you?

Edited by - Chops124 on April 06 2018 9:50:21 PM

RealBnsfIA
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - April 06 2018 :  8:41:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RealBnsfIA to Buddylist
Neat layout!

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - April 07 2018 :  12:43:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist
quote:

I see you've got a cross over, at least one, there.
Does this allow the train to get in and exit out
somewhere down the line? You got DCC, do
you run trains on same circuit, and if so, how
does that work out for you?

Originally posted by Chops124 - April 06 2018 :  7:18:16 PM

It's pretty cool; using a bit of planning and strategy it's not that hard to move trains in and out of each loop, as I demonstrate in this video (but I can only really do so with two trains on the layout instead of three)...

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - April 07 2018 :  6:53:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Awesome video illustrating operations on your layout, wiley!

Barry
Big Boy

DRGWAvatar

Posted - April 07 2018 :  9:34:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Barry to Buddylist
Pretty cool Wiley. Looks like a fun room to hang out in.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2087  ~  Member Since: March 16 2013  ~  Last Visit: July 05 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - April 09 2018 :  10:20:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist
Some more new pictures...

Recent picture of the control panel for my train layout. I now have six remote switches hooked up; I plan to hook up two more soon. Now if only I could find some kind of labels for the remote switches...

I reconfigured the track for the coal tipple siding so that the bumper isn't sticking up above the ground now.

Another shot of the woods on my layout, with a couple more trees "planted."

Another shot of the main BNSF freight unloading logs into the TYCO dumping bin. Now that I've got all the turnouts in that rail yard area wired up to the control panel, it's easier to do all the action just from the controls!

Trying out switching operations with the three trains on my layout. It did take a little planning, but I was able to get it done without much hassle. Maybe I'll shoot a video of it some day.

The auto-carrier train at the downtown station alongside the Amtrak train.

Another picture of both the TYCO freight unloading depot and the lighted signal crossing in action, now that the main freight is on the outer track line that passes through the residential area.

The auto-carrier train on the Amtrak's tail, now waiting for the Amtrak to clear the turnout and the switch to be thrown so it can move onto the outer loop and park there.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - April 09 2018 :  10:33:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Looking awesome!!! Great work!

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 09 2018 :  11:14:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
That's great- lot of traffic on this pike! A video would be real nice.
I'm using Filmora, now, and after a little trial and error I find that
a video can be banged out pretty quick. A bit less clumsy than
the old Google site it replaced.

I'd love to be climbing on that Amtrak. Where does it go from
Iowa?

RealBnsfIA
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - April 10 2018 :  09:38:07 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RealBnsfIA to Buddylist
quote:
That's great- lot of traffic on this pike! A video would be real nice.
I'm using Filmora, now, and after a little trial and error I find that
a video can be banged out pretty quick. A bit less clumsy than
the old Google site it replaced.

I'd love to be climbing on that Amtrak. Where does it go from
Iowa?

Originally posted by Chops124 - April 09 2018 :  11:14:25 PM

Through Iowa, it goes from Omaha through parts of Southern Iowa (Creston,Osceola, Burlington etc.) to Chicago. Head further west and you will reach California, hence the name "California Zephr"

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - April 14 2018 :  5:25:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist
I was at a train expo in Bridgewater MA today so I bought some more stuff...

Not all of it I'm using right away though. (The TYCO Pak I am keeping handy for if I need more power for lights and accessories, of course.)

I'm glad I can now label my Bachmann remote switches; at the actual turnouts I will mark them either on the side of the platform, or find another inconspicuous way (like a small signpost.)

Yeah, I know it's kind of gross, but I thought a dog about to mark its' territory on a fire hydrant would be yet another funny sight on my train layout. (Plus, I figured it'd work since my dog is also obsessed with hydrants.)

Some of the wildlife seen on my train layout, with deer and wolves.

Just a couple of railroad crossing action shots.

The obligatory overview shot. I've moved the main freight and the Amtrak train back to their original track loops with virtually no fuss.

RealBnsfIA
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - April 14 2018 :  6:43:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RealBnsfIA to Buddylist
Very Nice!

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 14 2018 :  6:48:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Hey, I didn't know you were a Massachusetts guy, I spent many years
in the Amherst area. Fine looking changes. I particularly like the
railroad crossing.
https://youtu.be/94xQLUjz48w

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - April 14 2018 :  10:43:12 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Awesome work!

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - April 16 2018 :  10:30:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist
New photos again...

Just a couple of blissful family moments can be seen here.

A funny sight, courtesy of Woodland Scenics's "Accident Waiting to Happen" HO figure set.

The TYCO hopper car unloading set getting some use.

Both the BNSF freight and Amtrak passenger train pass each other.

Another shot of the BNSF freight in the railroad yard.

Testing the drive-in theater screen with a tablet that fits into it!

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 17 2018 :  02:04:22 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Wow, Wiley! You just keep taking it to the next level. That drive
in is astonishing! You MUST post a video of both the drive in and
the coal dump. I love the residential houses, the picket fence,
the pool, major RETRO!

RealBnsfIA
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - April 17 2018 :  09:48:40 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RealBnsfIA to Buddylist
Awesome! I love your residential district.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - April 17 2018 :  7:35:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
GREAT WORK!! Looks fantastic!

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 19 2018 :  10:35:38 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I was browsing about last night, and stumbled on an early post
of your first 4x8. You have acquired something like 28,000
views on FB.

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - April 24 2018 :  10:45:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist
The Skyview Drive In Theater is up and running!

Yep, I got the ticket booth and the snack bar built!

A train passes by the drive-in as a cheesy horror movie plays at the drive-in! It may not be "Hot Shot Eastbound" (as the train is too modern), but it still looks cool!

An attempt at taking a photo without the flash as the Amtrak train speeds by the drive-in as a snack-bar advertisement plays during the pre-movie intermission.

Edited by - wiley209 on April 24 2018 11:29:06 PM

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - April 24 2018 :  10:55:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Looks great!!

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 25 2018 :  12:11:52 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

Edited by - Chops124 on April 25 2018 12:14:45 AM

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - April 25 2018 :  1:47:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist
quote:

Originally posted by Chops124 - April 25 2018 :  12:11:52 AM

Yep, Hot Shot Eastbound! "The Simpsons" even referenced it...

You can tell it's an intentional reference, especially since the train has a steam locomotive, and most trains running through Springfield usually use EMD E/F-series or GP7/GP9 diesels.

yardmaster54
Big Six

Spirit of 76

Posted - April 29 2018 :  9:00:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send yardmaster54 a Yahoo! Message  Add yardmaster54 to Buddylist
Wiley, what are you using to uncouple you rolling stock?
Yardmaster 54
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 277  ~  Member Since: October 01 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - April 30 2018 :  12:10:25 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist
quote:

Originally posted by yardmaster54 - April 29 2018 :  9:00:43 PM

I use Bachmann's under-track uncoupling magnets. They get the job done pretty well.

yardmaster54
Big Six

Spirit of 76

Posted - April 30 2018 :  9:34:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send yardmaster54 a Yahoo! Message  Add yardmaster54 to Buddylist
quote:
quote:

Originally posted by yardmaster54 - April 29 2018 :  9:00:43 PM

I use Bachmann's under-track uncoupling magnets. They get the job done pretty well.

Originally posted by wiley209 - April 30 2018 :  12:10:25 AM

Thanks Wiley, I appreciate the info.

Yardmaster 54
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 277  ~  Member Since: October 01 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - May 07 2018 :  12:14:51 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist
A few more updates, especially since I gave a demonstration of my layout to my dad's friends yesterday evening...

I got more adhesive roads from Walthers/Busch, and laid them out on the remaining blank spots of my layout.

Another shot of the coal yard.

Just another shot of the railyard at an interesting angle.

The Amtrak train rolls through the residential section of my town.

Busy evening at the drive-in theater!

The Amtrak train speeds past a small campsite in the woods...

Another shot of the Amtrak train stopped at the Life-Like Snap-Loc commuter station.

Another overview, from a different angle I don't think I tried before.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - May 07 2018 :  4:27:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Nice shots, wiley!! Awesome layout!

RealBnsfIA
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - May 07 2018 :  7:07:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RealBnsfIA to Buddylist
Nice layout there wiley. Don't forget to add stop/crossing lines before that crossing and intersection
Page: of 7 Previous Topic: Elbonia: Gateway to the Future Topic Next Topic: Henley: Britain in OO  
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000