Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 11 ]  [ Total: 11 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Layouts - Construction and Operations
 New house layout!
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
Previous Page | Next Page
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Elbonia: Gateway to the Future Topic Next Topic: Henley: Britain in OO
Page: of 7

Barry
Big Boy

DRGWAvatar

Posted - May 07 2018 :  7:44:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Barry to Buddylist
Just watched that video again. You did a fine job of track laying there. Trains run nice and smooth.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2087  ~  Member Since: March 16 2013  ~  Last Visit: July 05 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - December 23 2018 :  12:26:18 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist
Well, Christmas has come to my model railroad layout!

Here's my Christmas train consist this year. I got new motive power for it too: a Bachmann Spectrum Baldwin 2-8-0 steam locomotive, the ATSF version (of course.) It's the mid-2000s version that comes DCC-ready, so I plugged a TCS DPX2-UK decoder into the board plug, and I now have my first DCC steam locomotive!

I just can't get over how real this locomotive looks! I do need to replace the cowcatcher though.

Sure, several may find this anachronistic, but seeing a steam-powered freight next to a more modern Amtrak passenger train sure looks cool!

The usual Christmas activities at the town church.

Hey look! Santa Claus is in town! But wait, is it REALLY Santa? The neighbors say it's just the father of the kids living in that house, and every year on Christmas Eve he dresses up as Santa and goes down their chimney to lay the presents under the tree.

An apple orchard at the farm!

*screeeechCRASH!!!*
The uploader tried to go too fast and it failed to upload an image!

Here's a video I shot of the layout with the new locomotive...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 595  ~  Member Since: January 03 2013  ~  Last Visit: December 24 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 23 2018 :  06:48:49 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Legend!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - December 23 2018 :  9:27:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Impressive steam locomotive, wiley!!! By the way, your layout looks great! Great Work.
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - December 23 2018 :  10:46:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist
Ohhhh!!! DARN IT! *facepalms* I tried to make a new post, but it randomly cut to an error page and ERASED everything.
Here we go agAAAAIIINNN...

The Christmas train passing through one of the town railroad crossings. Imagine the drivers' surprise to see a train with a steam engine roll through the crossing instead one of the usual diesels!

The farm stand.

The stream coming from the logging mill.

I got my Walthers Cornerstone/Scenemaster traffic light up and running as well.

Rail travel gets pretty busy during the holidays!

The freight train now pulled by my Walthers BNSF "Fakebonnet" Dash 8-40BW, with the TYCO ATSF wide-vision caboose at the end.

An overview of my three trains currently on the layout.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 595  ~  Member Since: January 03 2013  ~  Last Visit: December 24 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - December 24 2018 :  12:11:42 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Nice photos and videos.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5849  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 20 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - December 24 2018 :  10:42:41 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Looks awesome!
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - December 24 2018 :  2:50:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
oh I want that traffic light!
Course I wants the REAL one too hehe
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - December 26 2018 :  7:57:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist
Well, Christmas is over, so here's an interesting update...

I've got my Baldwin 2-8-0 steam locomotive in revenue freight service now! Smaller freights, and it may be anachronistic with the rest of my layout, but so what? It looks cool!

Said freight train stopping at the logging mill...

Loading logs...

The steam-powered freight passing a more modern (and longer) BNSF freight train.

Edited by - wiley209 on December 26 2018 7:58:11 PM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 26 2018 :  10:24:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Sweet steaming!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - December 27 2018 :  08:49:13 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Nice work! Gotta say though...that ATSF steamer looks perfect beside the Santa Fe/BNSF "Dash" diesel.

Edited by - RP model railroads on December 27 2018 08:51:05 AM

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - December 28 2018 :  10:46:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist
A few more new pics...

The back half of my longer BNSF freight currently has all TYCO rolling stock! Meanwhile, the steam engine crew is awaiting their next orders.

I already got a controller and detection unit for this railroad crossing, and will soon wire up the signals to it!

This part of the road still isn't finished yet, so I thought I'd close it off until I do! At least the train station can still be accessed by passing through the Pizza Hut parking lot.

The Amtrak train passing through the downtown station.

The BNSF freight dropping off crates at a TYCO Prestomatic bin...

It's pretty busy at this train station right now...

An overview of the residential area with the Amtrak train stopped at the nearby station.

RealBnsfIA
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - December 28 2018 :  11:12:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RealBnsfIA to Buddylist
Wowza!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 241  ~  Member Since: October 02 2017  ~  Last Visit: March 31 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 29 2018 :  02:59:58 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Moving on up!

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - December 29 2018 :  12:33:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I never did get the play value in that Life-Like log loader
logs roll down the ramp, thru the building onto the flat car & log car dumps logs into the river!
Whats the point of that??
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - December 29 2018 :  8:51:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
awesome! Great work, wiley!

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 30 2018 :  12:51:02 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
quote:
I never did get the play value in that Life-Like log loader
logs roll down the ramp, thru the building onto the flat car & log car dumps logs into the river!
Whats the point of that??

Originally posted by microbusss - December 29 2018 :  12:33:21 PM

How much wood could a wood chuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck Tyco logs?

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - January 04 2019 :  2:34:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist
A few more new pics...

A modern water tower from Walthers's Cornerstone line. It came with some decals, but I need to get a couple more things before I can start applying them...

Consisting on my main BNSF freight, with dual GP40 power!

The BNSF freight and the Amtrak train both passing through the same grade crossing.

Old motive power meets newer motive power!

I also shot a video as well...

RealBnsfIA
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - January 04 2019 :  5:31:12 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RealBnsfIA to Buddylist
Very nice Wiley! How would you say those Bachmann locos run? I've had a mixed bag with them.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 241  ~  Member Since: October 02 2017  ~  Last Visit: March 31 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - January 05 2019 :  10:44:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Great updates, wiley! Also, awesome video - where steam meets diesel.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - January 06 2019 :  01:43:33 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Very good!

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - January 07 2019 :  12:08:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist
quote:
Very nice Wiley! How would you say those Bachmann locos run? I've had a mixed bag with them.

Originally posted by RealBnsfIA - January 04 2019 :  5:31:12 PM

The Spectrum Consolidation steam engine runs VERY well. My DCC GP40s run pretty well to, but at times they struggle a bit lately on certain parts of the layout; I think with the power I am using it kind of affects the electrical current they receive. I plan to hook up terminal connections to the inner loop of track on my layout (on the opposite end of the existing terminal connection to the outer loop, of course) as a booster feed. I've been reading up on these things, and quite a few recommend this for DCC operations.

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - January 07 2019 :  10:18:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist
Got some more pics...

Giving my tracks a once-over in an anachronistic but cool manner!

A nighttime action shot at the residential area and the Skyview drive-in theater!

Another action shot in the dark. Looks a lot more like a real city or town this way!

The Skyview Drive-In is still doing well on my layout! Sorry for the crossbuck on the road; I was still positioning things.

For this run, I put my Walthers Trainline BNSF bay-window caboose at the end! It does look neat, but I find I like the look of a caboose with the cupola on top better.

I've tried applying a couple of the included decals to the Walthers Cornerstone water tower. Working with decals is actually pretty tricky, and I need a bit more practice and experience before I begin to get ambitious with them...

Double Dash-8s! For pulling an HO-scale freight train with more than ten cars, I find consisting to help quite a bit, just like the real thing.

Trying some repositioning. I removed the TYCO lighted colonial house, as the interior lighting was broken anyways, and made a bit more space for the high school. I even put it right across from one of the elementary schools, like I've seen in some towns (the neighboring town of West Bridgewater, MA has both its' elementary schools and the middle/high school in one general area so they are close to each other.)

But I DID get a neat new structure: the Walthers Cornerstone Hole-In-One Donut Shop! Since it's molded in three colors and they recommend some painting for it, I thought I'd paint the decorative prop donut up like a Simpsons donut! I moved the Cornerstone newsstand over to a different, next door to the post office now.

The Exxon gas station now has an illuminated sign, made by Life-Like Trains.

An overview of this part of the layout, with new positioning of the high school with an added garage. This looks a bit more realistic now, especially with the TYCO freight unloading depot being so close to the high school originally. Maybe I'll put up a fence between that and the school parking lot.

Edited by - wiley209 on January 07 2019 10:20:46 PM

RealBnsfIA
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - January 08 2019 :  11:01:42 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RealBnsfIA to Buddylist
Very nice Wiley!

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - January 09 2019 :  02:00:13 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Cracking good layout! Nice details- I especially liked the
"road closed" sign. Perhaps you could use an HO steam
roller? I might have an extra one. PM me! (no charge).

PS: I know you are from east of the Connecticut River,
I was on the other side for many a pleasant year; does
your layout have a particular geographic reference to
a part of the US?

Also, my British friends frequently give their British layouts
a name. Mine is "Henley," others are like Middlesex Junction
or "Lower Darwhich-on-the-Green" and so on. Have you
though of naming your creation?

Were I to do so, I'd probably call it "Leverett" for an eensy
little town about 120 miles due west of Bean Town.

Edited by - Chops124 on January 09 2019 02:06:46 AM

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - January 18 2019 :  11:38:41 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist
quote:

PS: I know you are from east of the Connecticut River,
I was on the other side for many a pleasant year; does
your layout have a particular geographic reference to
a part of the US?

Not necessarily, though in the woods area I did modify it a little after New England in the autumn, as it looks really lovely then.

Here are more new pics!

The current setup on this side of the Main St. area of downtown, with the new donut shop and relocating the newsstand.

Disaster strikes! One of the turnouts apparently malfunctioned and opened by itself, leading to this head-on collision! At least the locomotives didn't blow up in the wreck, like in the movies or TV.

Some time after the train wreck. I disguised this leftover unused turnout wire with some lychen, as I often see shrubs growing next to railroad tracks in real life. (Because the turnout is right next to my control platform, there is no need for me to operate it via remote.)

Just a shot with both my operating crossing gates in action. Next to the station I plan to get an operating NJ International crossing signal and gate to wire up there with a crossing signal detection/flasher unit (probably Logic Rail Tech's Grade Crossing Pro.)

Speaking of that railroad crossing, I've provided a booster terminal connection to the inner loop, replacing the regular rerailer with a terminal rerailer. I've read in a few books that it's wise to provide a booster connection opposite or away from the main terminal connection on a large layout, especially if using DCC with multiple locomotives.

An overview showing my current freight train consists. After that head-on train wreck, when cleaning and repairing them I decided to switch around the rolling stock. I also unhooked the TYCO ATSF wide-vision caboose from my main BNSF freight as I decided it looked a little too toylike, and put my Walthers Trainline BNSF bay-window caboose at the end of the train for the time being.

Plus, having my hoboes ride in a freight train pulled by a steam locomotive looked a bit more appropriate.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - January 18 2019 :  3:24:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Excellent work, wiley! That donut shop looks awesome....and nice paint job on that donut.

Also, interesting collision photo....

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - January 18 2019 :  4:47:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
looking real good

You needs this in the town square

hehehe

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - April 05 2019 :  10:31:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist
Been quite a while, but I got a new engine!

Yup, a Mantua Classics Santa Fe GP20 "Yellowbonnet" diesel! It's the DCC-ready version, as sold by MRC/Model Power. A pretty good runner. I also plugged a TCS T1 decoder into the 9-pin plug, and it operates very nicely using that decoder.

Once I get better with decals, I might patch small "BNSF" logos under the road numbers. After all, the numbers are already not in the original ATSF font anyways, so it would give a fairly realistic appearance of a BNSF-renumbered "Yellowbonnet" diesel, like the real-life surviving "Yellowbonnet" locomotives out there.

Trying out some double-heading power here, hooking my Walthers BNSF GP9M behind the GP20. Of course we know that GP9M uses Cox's old tooling, but is a much better-quality locomotive, in several ways quite similar to the MRC/Mantua GP20, or the modern base-line Bachmann diesels.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - April 06 2019 :  06:33:22 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Awesome "Geep" wiley!! Also, great layout.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 06 2019 :  12:36:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
You been busy, Wiley. The "corn field meet," while unfortunate, means that
you are making them earn their living! That donut...is that a real donut??
I want to eat it.

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - April 07 2019 :  3:36:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist

Trying out the new Bosch/Walthers adhesive parking lots on my layout.

Unloading crates from the TYCO operating boxcar again...

I've got my Athearn Amtrak Phase III P40 locomotive pulling the Amtrak cars now. The rear coupler on my Walthers Mainline Amtrak F40PH broke; it was an E-Z Mate with plastic spring, so I'm going to replace it with a Kadee #26 coupler (due to the placement of the back coupler pocket on the F40PH.) Plus, I like to alternate my motive power from time to time.

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - April 15 2019 :  9:34:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist
Some more photos...

Newer Mantua Santa Fe GP20 meets its' 40-year-old TYCO equivalent!

The main freight stops at the Plasticville freight station.

Anachronistic, but cool-looking!

I upgraded some more TYCO cars with Intermountain 33" metal wheels.

A nice shot of the BNSF freight and Amtrak passenger trains next to each other.

I finally got around to replacing the damaged pilot/cowcatcher on my Bachmann Baldwin 2-8-0 steam engine! It does make an interesting visual difference.

The industrial area of my train layout, with an AHM freight carrier!

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - April 15 2019 :  10:18:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Awesome photos, and layout, wiley!!

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - August 03 2019 :  11:51:07 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist
Just a summer update...

My attempt at recreating O. Winston Link's "Hot Shot Eastbound" photo from the 50s.

My current freight consist. All of the TYCO cars here have had the original plastic wheels replaced with Intermountain metal wheels.

A beautiful girl hitches a ride. This is one of Woodland Scenics's little figure setups.

I installed more of the speaker posts at the Skyview drive-in theater, too!

I also put Woodland Scenics's newsstand figure/accessory set outside Doug's Drug Store.

Since I have a DCC-equipped steam locomotive doing small revenue freight jobs on tihis layout, here's my attempt at recreating the famous railroad trestle scene from "Stand By Me!"

Now that a lot of people travel overnight by train in the summer, I brought the Con-Cor Superliner cars back out! My Walthers Mainline F40PH seems to handle them better than Athearn's P40 Genesis diesel. I call this Superliner train running on my layout the "Silver Flash," after a Simpsons comic where our favorite family travels on such a Superliner train with that name because they have a lot of elderly riders who forget to close the curtains in their Pullman car cabs!

Yup, going with EMD diesel power here!

The Silver Flash stops at the Arlee station near the Skyview drive-in!

Just some typical freight operations in the industrial part of my layout, dumping logs into one of the bins...

A backyard barbecue!

And of course, the Skyview drive-in is pretty busy during the summer!

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - August 03 2019 :  10:02:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Excellent photo update, wiley! Great layout.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - August 03 2019 :  10:47:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Always great to see new photos of your expanding layout.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5849  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 20 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - August 03 2019 :  11:46:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Terrific photos, the kids running from the train
reminds me of "Stand By Me." The drive in is
terrific, we used to go to those things back before
the internet, and yes, one time I forgot to replace
the speaker. Ouch.

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - August 04 2019 :  8:23:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
real cool
What cartoon was on?

I think I have one of them blinking bridges
Am gonna modify it with blinking LEDs & run it off a separate power source instead of the tracks

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - August 31 2019 :  10:54:07 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist
quote:
real cool
What cartoon was on?

I think I have one of them blinking bridges
Am gonna modify it with blinking LEDs & run it off a separate power source instead of the tracks

Originally posted by microbusss - August 04 2019 :  8:23:04 PM

It's a drive-in snack bar intermission advertisement, in which a mountain has all the concessions.
The current E-Z Track blinking bridge actually does have an LED light. It still uses the tracks for its' power source, but thanks to using nickel-silver rails and an LED light, it doesn't cause any interference with train operation like the older blinking bridge did! And now Bachmann's making an N-scale version of it, too!

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - December 14 2019 :  11:12:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist
For this holiday season, I thought I'd try something a little different!

The town church decorated for Christmas.

Santa Claus talking with kids behind the church.

The downtown train station decorated for Christmas.

Just a typical school day scene.

Giving the tracks a once-over.

Now here's the big new project I am doing for this holiday season...

Yep, it's been snowing on my layout! I figured since we were actually getting some snow where I am this December for a change, my model train layout should experience winter as well. I'm using 1/4-inch Woodland Scenics styrofoam sheets cut to fit and then made up with Woodland Scenics "snow" material! They are designed so I can store them after winter and then place them on the layout again for next Christmas! Plus, the little foam shavings also make for a pretty realistic simulation of plowed snow! (But I vacuumed the tracks before running my trains through that area.) This is still a work in progress; I'm hoping to have more grassy areas covered with snow before Christmas Eve.

A small boy and his sled walking past the old freight station.

The Christmas train makes its' way through the snowy landscape!

New to my layout this year is a Christmas tree lot! The figures and such come from Preiser and Walthers.

[imCRASH!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, it tried to upload too fast and it failed, like a car suddenly accelerating and crashing in one second!

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 15 2019 :  01:20:51 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Let it snow, let it snow! Looks like you be high balling!

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - December 15 2019 :  4:36:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Love that snow affect! Keep it up!

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - December 16 2019 :  10:29:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist

Just some holiday shoppers.

Now there is snow around the windmill!

An overview of the progress I've been making with the Christmas snow.

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - December 23 2019 :  8:30:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist
Some more updates...

More snow in the town!

Amtrak rolling through the partial snow-covered scape.

Hey, is that the real Santa in someone's chimney? Or is it the father dressed up as Santa to fool the kids? Regardless, he can't use the sleigh and reindeer since not many places have snow on Christmas anymore, like Brockton.

Kids in the snow near one of the railroad crossings.

Here's a video, too!

Edited by - wiley209 on December 23 2019 8:31:20 PM

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - December 23 2019 :  9:49:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Keep up the great work - your layout keeps getting more and more awesome! Great video, by the way!

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - January 02 2020 :  11:11:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist
Christmas has been over for a while now on my layout...

I've brought the Mantua GP20 out for a bit while I give the steam engine a rest.

One of my Christmas presents this year for my model train layout was a set of Woodland Scenics train station figures and accessories, most of which I placed at the Arlee Station.

Alleycats at a trash can. This is from Woodland Scenics's "Dogs and Cats" figure pack.

Said pack also included ANOTHER dog urinating at a fire hydrant. I couldn't resist adding it downtown, because it does remind me of how my dog is obsessed with marking her territory at hydrants.

The Amtrak train passes through the wintery landscape.

People throwing away their Christmas trees after the holiday.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - January 03 2020 :  08:08:11 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Nice close in shots.

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - January 03 2020 :  11:47:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist
Some more photos...

Trying out a longer freight consist as part of running my main freight on the outer loop that passes through the woods and the residential neighborhood.

An auto-carrier train stops for the main freight.

The Amtrak train rolls through the TYCO crossing gate.

The main freight dropping off a hopper car to be unloaded at the coal yard.

The freight rolling through the TYCO lighted signal crossing.

The Amtrak train stopped at the downtown station.

The freight rolling across the Bachmann E-Z Track blinking truss bridge.

Bamos
Big Six

RRCrossingAvatar

Posted - January 04 2020 :  8:59:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Bamos to Buddylist
Layout is looking great Wiley. I,m lovin the vintage pieces on the layout a lot of them are on my list of wants.
Bill
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 202  ~  Member Since: December 24 2017  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic: Elbonia: Gateway to the Future Topic Next Topic: Henley: Britain in OO  
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.75 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000