Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 24 ]  [ Total: 24 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 All the others not mentioned.
 I finally got a Multidrive!
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Varney Casey Jones Topic Next Topic: VARNEY product flyer  

Darth Santa Fe
Big Six

Posted - November 18 2017 :  01:19:51 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Darth Santa Fe to Buddylist
I've been wanting to try out the Hobbytown Multidrive system for a long time now, but could never seem to find them for a reasonable price.  Now that they're back, I couldn't help myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBrE2FHsOhw

Darth Santa Fe, doing weird and challenging projects for the fun of it!

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 236  ~  Member Since: September 13 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 06 2024 Alert Moderator 

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - November 18 2017 :  09:08:08 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Man that's cool. I've been putting off ordering some detail parts I need for my old Hobbytown E-units, but every time I look at the part listings I end up going through their current catalog offerings and drooling. The operation you get with 36 synchronized powered wheels must be incredible!
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3324  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: May 08 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Darth Santa Fe
Big Six

Posted - November 18 2017 :  11:36:38 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Darth Santa Fe to Buddylist
It's actually 24 wheels driven since the center axle in each truck is a dummy, but the traction is still incredible! The center axle on the prototype trucks was also unpowered.
Darth Santa Fe, doing weird and challenging projects for the fun of it!

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 236  ~  Member Since: September 13 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 06 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - November 18 2017 :  11:27:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Nice, Darth! Glad you was bale to get one!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redwoods
Big Boy

NWPAvatar

Posted - November 19 2017 :  12:29:55 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redwoods to Buddylist
Nice work! I also like the fact those are D&H units... it's a great color scheme for those Alcos.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1083  ~  Member Since: July 07 2011  ~  Last Visit: May 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Varney Casey Jones Topic Next Topic: VARNEY product flyer  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000