Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 12 ]  [ Total: 13 ]  [ Newest Member: Yellow_TankCar ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Identification Station
 Motor Id Help Needed
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Varney tank car display model Topic Next Topic: Is the chassis of an F3 interchangeable  

Brian4321
Hudson

Gilbert HO

Posted - October 16 2017 :  8:38:44 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Brian4321 to Buddylist
While at the last train show, I picked up a few motors that were supposed to be Gilbert HO. However, upon arriving home and comparing them to my engines, the motors are not the same. Caveat Emptor! Does anyone have an idea what engine these motors go to? The writing the label is : FT-13F0-2560. I googled this number but did not get any hits. Many thanks.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 512  ~  Member Since: February 18 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 18 2024 Alert Moderator 

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 18 2017 :  06:12:29 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
* This armature looks like something from a can motor. I say this because of the small diameter of the commutator. It is also one that has 2 output shafts like those made to power HO diesels. Gilbert used a mixture of motor types in HO scale. None were can motors. What Gilbert locomotive motor is this armature said to be for? You should reference an armature photo with a ruler to show shaft length, and list the diameter of the armature windings. Shaft and commutator diameter is also important. Note that this armature is a 3 pole type with parallel windings and not Skewed windings, so communicator should have 3 segments.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!

Edited by - toptrain on October 18 2017 07:03:25 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Brian4321
Hudson

Gilbert HO

Posted - October 18 2017 :  1:18:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brian4321 to Buddylist
Frank,

Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I'll dig deeper and see what I can find.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 512  ~  Member Since: February 18 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Varney tank car display model Topic Next Topic: Is the chassis of an F3 interchangeable  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000