Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 11 ]  [ Total: 11 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Introduce yourself.
 Hello From an Old N Scaler
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: And here''s another one from Missouri! Topic Next Topic: Hello from Missouri.  

Doug Gosha
Switcher

RevellAvatar

Posted - May 17 2017 :  12:44:26 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Doug Gosha to Buddylist
Hi everybody,

As indicated in the subject line, I have been an OOO/N scaler since 1962 when I got a Treble-O-Lectric train set for Christmas.

The year before that my older brother got a Tyco T6104 set with the blue and yellow Santa Fe F9, Swift Reefer, Monon gondola, flat car with the orange beam load, and red bobber caboose.

I have always liked HO too and recently, I have had a renewed interest in reacquiring all of my brother's equipment he had during his period of interest in the 1960s which waned toward the end of that decade. He recently died in 2014 and I guess that made me want to do this even more.

Through eBay, I have been able to get it almost all back, including all of the structures he had. I say almost all because I still haven't seen the Varney Ohio Seamless special gondola he had with the open end, railings, and beam structure. I had to settle for a plain gondola for now as a place holder.

Anyway, I have been having a blast setting up a temporary layout on our big 8-foot-long mahogany table although I plan on getting a 4X8 so I can fasten the track down.

Tyco is the center of all this.

Doug

Atlas First Generation Motive Power and Treble-O-Lectric. Click on the link:
www.irwinsjournal.com/a1g/a1glocos/

Edited by - Doug Gosha on May 17 2017 12:46:48 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 23  ~  Member Since: May 17 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 15 2020 Alert Moderator 

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - May 17 2017 :  10:01:10 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Doug, can't wait to see what you literally bring to the table.
Sounds like you are a man on a mission.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mustangs_n_Trains
Big Boy

Mustang Man

Posted - May 17 2017 :  10:06:26 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mustangs_n_Trains to Buddylist
Hello Doug! Welcome aboard!

Lets see some pictures of your stuff! I am sorry to hear about your brother. That must have been a devastating loss.

As for the Ohio Seamless, they are hard to come by. There is one listed on ebay now, but it is not the open-ended variation. I have a few and about half are open-ended. One or two are in great shape.

Here are a couple photos of a couple of mine:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/9977705@N05/albums/72157631788102235

Sean

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough!" - Mario Andretti!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1729  ~  Member Since: June 15 2011  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - May 17 2017 :  1:09:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Welcome, Doug!
I went back and replaced my childhood trains, buildings etc also. Then bought more!

Edited by - walt on May 17 2017 1:30:15 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - May 17 2017 :  5:26:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
welcome, Doug

hey I has stuffs for sale in here
Might be a few you wants
http://www.tycoforums.com/tyco/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17968#114449
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Doug Gosha
Switcher

RevellAvatar

Posted - May 18 2017 :  01:30:54 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Doug Gosha to Buddylist
Thanks, you guys. I meant to get in here a lot earlier today but my Mikado I bought on eBay arrived today and I spent most of the day cleaning it up and relubing and it now looks and runs like new. It was in excellent condition. Just a little dirty.

I forgot to mention I do have some of my brother's stuff that somehow got saved- a Varney ore car, the bobber caboose from his set, the original track from the set which is Atlas but have the full ties all the way to the ends, an Athearn Santa Fe heavyweight observation car, a Lilliput 4-6-0, a Rivarossi 0-4-0 (the CRR of NJ #8 one), and the original KF power pack. Oh yeah, and the orange beam and 1 skid from the flat car.

I would love to post some pictures but my camera died on me. I put new batteries in it the last time they gave out and the camera doesn't turn on. I'm an electronics kind of guy but I don't really feel like troubleshooting it. And, I don't have a phone with a camera. I am old school, I guess. I will have to work on this aspect.

Sean, I have had that picture of yours with the Seamless car next to the box on my laptop for quite some time :D

Walt, I am in the same boat. I have bought several things post-replacement, this Mikado being one of them. I also now have a total of 7 F9s - 3 powered and 1 dummy Santa Fe freights, the last powered and dummy pair so close to new, I call them new, 2 Pennsy powered, and one Santa Fe warbonnet. All are US-made MU2s except for the last one which is an Austrian "MU2". It runs very well.

Alas, I am of the age (64) that my family members are passing on. First, my father 14 years ago, then my brother Craig in 2014, and then my mother last year. It's very sad but we must accept it.

Doug

Edited by - Doug Gosha on May 18 2017 02:16:54 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 23  ~  Member Since: May 17 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 15 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - May 18 2017 :  06:38:57 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
* Hi Doug. Welcome to this forum. Sorry about your brother passing. Good to see you've found this Hobby again. I'll be seeing you around this forum. Hope to see some pictures.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - May 18 2017 :  9:57:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Glad you enjoy the hobby, Doug. I was away from it for 37 years between layouts, latest started in 2014. I had collected though since 1999 -present...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Doug Gosha
Switcher

RevellAvatar

Posted - May 19 2017 :  02:14:16 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Doug Gosha to Buddylist
Thanks, Frank. I have enjoyed reading your posts (and others) during my lurking period.

I'm glad you got back into model railroading, Walt. I actually have never really left it since 1962 although there were some periods of reduced activity.

There has always been something about HO I have liked and have finally become more active with it. I'm not really attracted to the newer stuff like DCC or sound. I was involved with computers for many years and I don't feel like dealing with that stuff now that I'm retired. I like throwing block switches and being aware of where I can and cannot run a locomotive.

Sound? It's neat at first but I quickly get kind of annoyed with it. I'd rather listen to the real sound of a Tyco F9 than the miniaturized prototype sounds available in models.

OK, I have gone on long enough again and I don't mean anything against anybody or their personal interests. It's all good.

Doug

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 23  ~  Member Since: May 17 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 15 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - May 19 2017 :  1:37:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
been doing that too, Walt but have kept most of my trains but not the buildings

oh you is fine, Doug
Always nice to hear from the lurkers & watchers
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - May 19 2017 :  3:09:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Actually, Doug. In 1999 I started replacing what I had as a kid in the late 60s -77, then I bought all the stuff I could t afford as a kid.
  Previous Topic: And here''s another one from Missouri! Topic Next Topic: Hello from Missouri.  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000