Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 27 ]  [ Total: 27 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Forum Related
 Forum Help
 Why does this forum go down sometimes?
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Exodus time? Topic Next Topic: timeout on photo upload  

chevelle454
Big Six

SFChiefAvatar

Posted - September 24 2016 :  08:26:02 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add chevelle454 to Buddylist
I couldn't get on yesterday, and apparently no one else could. Why does this happen? Its not the first time its happened.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 202  ~  Member Since: June 22 2016  ~  Last Visit: August 02 2023 Alert Moderator 

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 24 2016 :  08:49:02 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
yeah it will go down sometimes & I hate it
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14683  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 26 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

weekendrailroader
Little Six

Posted - September 24 2016 :  10:21:06 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add weekendrailroader to Buddylist
"Error 44 Not Found" can be translated as "get off the internet and get back to the model railroad project!"

Maybe we should start WIDWTFWDTT thread (What I Did When The Forum Went Down This Time) to show off all of the projects we completed while the forum was down.

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/weekendrailroader?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 189  ~  Member Since: March 07 2012  ~  Last Visit: March 13 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

weekendrailroader
Little Six

Posted - September 24 2016 :  10:21:58 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add weekendrailroader to Buddylist
quote:
"Error 44 Not Found" can be translated as "get off the internet and get back to the model railroad project!"

Maybe we should start a WIDWTFWDTT thread (What I Did When The Forum Went Down This Time) to show off all of the projects we completed while the forum was down.

Originally posted by weekendrailroader - September 24 2016 :  10:21:06 AM

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/weekendrailroader?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 189  ~  Member Since: March 07 2012  ~  Last Visit: March 13 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - September 25 2016 :  12:17:54 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
It's just a "thing" I guess you have to get used to, depending on the equipment used at the website, it could be marginal quality, lack of proper maintenance, any number of reasons why certain websites keep dropping offline occasionally. I was disappointed myself when I could not get online the other day. So far, at least it's come back. The other Forum has reached a picture posting limit, so now you can't even post pictures anymore. is that any better than dropping offline sometimes? Just appreciate the time you have with your Tyco Forum(s) and computer access....

Jerry in VA

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - September 25 2016 :  08:40:28 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
the fact it goes offline sometimes,does not bother me,i am just grateful to have this site,it costs nothing,and owner pays out of his own pocket,he is also a busy boy,so as i said i am really grateful for the time he does spend on maintaining it,ken
catfordken
if you cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel,try turning around
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kristofer4301
Hudson

meirl

Posted - September 25 2016 :  10:57:14 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kristofer4301 to Buddylist
quote:
the fact it goes offline sometimes,does not bother me,i am just grateful to have this site,it costs nothing,and owner pays out of his own pocket,he is also a busy boy,so as i said i am really grateful for the time he does spend on maintaining it,ken

Originally posted by catfordken - September 25 2016 :  08:40:28 AM

Is there a way to donate to help keep the site running? I'd gladly give.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 412  ~  Member Since: October 23 2015  ~  Last Visit: June 12 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - September 25 2016 :  12:49:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
it has been suggested before,never seems to go any further,and to be honest,once people start donating,change seems to follow,i prefer it as is ken
catfordken
if you cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel,try turning around
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - September 25 2016 :  4:29:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
The depot forum is still going but requires off-site photo hosting
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 303  ~  Member Since: October 26 2015  ~  Last Visit: March 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - September 25 2016 :  4:30:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
Like tinypic
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 303  ~  Member Since: October 26 2015  ~  Last Visit: March 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - September 25 2016 :  10:25:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
quote:
The other Forum has reached a picture posting limit, so now you can't even post pictures anymore. is that any better than dropping offline sometimes? Just appreciate the time you have with your Tyco Forum(s) and computer access....

Jerry in VA

Originally posted by AMC_Gremlin_GT - September 25 2016 :  12:17:54 AM

Jerry, just to keep things straight, if you know how to post photos using a photo hosting site like Photobucket, you can post all the pictures you want on the "the other forum" lol.

http://tycodepot.com/
 Posts: 2451  ~  Member Since: April 11 2013  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JRG1951
Big Boy

Old_Guy

Posted - September 25 2016 :  10:29:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send JRG1951 a Yahoo! Message  Add JRG1951 to Buddylist
The software structure is somewhat antique. The transition to a more up to date system would be complicated and would most likely lead to a loss of many post and links. The current admin does a pretty good job of keeping the site running and it is not down for long periods. The people here are active and the post are usually numinous and interesting. It is what it is, enjoy this site and do not let the warts ruin your fun.

Regards, john

I blame feminism and Facebook for the death of the American automobile. I'm a Republican, so I blame everything on feminism - or commies. <> P. J. O'Rourk

Edited by - JRG1951 on September 25 2016 10:31:06 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 886  ~  Member Since: January 11 2012  ~  Last Visit: December 16 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Mikado

G2 Slingshot

Posted - November 17 2016 :  11:53:19 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ZeldaTheSwordsman to Buddylist
Has anyone looked into whether this is happening to other Snitz Forums 2000 sites?
Feedback-hungry attention w****
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 750  ~  Member Since: December 05 2015  ~  Last Visit: January 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Exodus time? Topic Next Topic: timeout on photo upload  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000