Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 18 ]  [ Total: 18 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Layouts - Construction and Operations
 Jerry's game table N gauge double track loop
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Tyco Expander Layout Topic Next Topic: Fun with Eldon track ( and Fleischmann, too )  

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - August 10 2016 :  08:00:22 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
A few weeks ago, visiting some thrift stores I frequent, I found this interesting gaming table, maybe a Dungeons and Dragons type, for $7 . Loving the fold-up design, I bought it. This past weekend, while the wife was away for the weekend, I got out my thin foam-core board, and gathered up all my N gauge sectional track I had left over from other projects, and proceeded to see if I could build a working double-track loop. I was able in 4 or 5 hours to finish up this basic set-up. The foam is cut for a tight fit, and I just jammed it into the sides and corners, no screws or glue holding it in, I may want to change it out later on. anyway, I fired it up Saturday night with a small Bachmann Plasser, and a 9 volt battery. The Plasser EM80 ran around well, I had a few mis-connects on the track and had to take a couple sections apart again to re-connect them flush. Otherwise, both loops are operational, I used 2510 for the inner loop, and 2520 track for the outer. I had JUST enough 2510, although I think one pieces is the wrong size. Some had glue on the bottoms , and were hard to read the imprints. Anyway, it's running now. I've got it folded up in front of my upstairs hallway closet, and can now pull out an N gauge set-up and run quickly. Lovin' it!

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator 

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - August 10 2016 :  2:45:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Nice bit!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11201  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Tyco Expander Layout Topic Next Topic: Fun with Eldon track ( and Fleischmann, too )  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000