Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 13 ]  [ Total: 13 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 Name the rarest Tyco items
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
Next Page
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: movie trains Topic Next Topic: HEVC: am I getting scammed?
Page: of 2

bnsfIA
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - March 15 2016 :  10:01:32 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add bnsfIA to Buddylist
NO PROTOTYPES OR NON PRODUCTION ITEMS
Here is my list:
Steam Locomotive- B&O Steamer 4-6-2 (the all metal one~4426 or 5314)
Diesel Locomotive- Great Northern F7(Sky Blue)
Passenger Car- Southern Crescent Cars
Freight Car- Sunoco Oil Tank
Accesory/Building- Pizza Hut building kit

Please post your own thoughts and if you agree with the list above
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 280  ~  Member Since: October 13 2014  ~  Last Visit: July 13 2017 Alert Moderator 

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 15 2016 :  3:40:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
triple dome tank car with Sohio on it

any promos would be rare

oh any fast food building Tyco made is hard to get now
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14691  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Mikado

G2 Slingshot

Posted - March 15 2016 :  4:44:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ZeldaTheSwordsman to Buddylist
As far as steam locomotives go, the Clementine 0-8-0 seems to be fairly rare. It was after all a set-exclusive loco, and offered one year only. The green pulpwood car with black bulkheads from that set seems to be quite rare also, since it was also exclusive to the set as far as Ive been able to find out.
Feedback-hungry attention w****
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 750  ~  Member Since: December 05 2015  ~  Last Visit: January 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

waw47
Hudson

Posted - March 15 2016 :  5:52:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add waw47 to Buddylist
The Rich Foods and the Giant Open Market wood side reefers from the 1961 Grocery Store Sets, the Starkist Tuna box cars and bobber caboose from the mid 50's, the RCA cars from the 50's and the Kraft "Jet Puffed Marsh Mellows" wood side reefer from the early 60's.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 466  ~  Member Since: August 09 2010  ~  Last Visit: May 01 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 15 2016 :  5:53:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Any Tyco locomotive with a PT motor that works more
than fifteen minutes without going up in smoke.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11201  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 15 2016 :  5:55:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
quote:
The Rich Foods and the Giant Open Market wood side reefers from the 1961 Grocery Store Sets, the Starkist Tuna box cars and bobber caboose from the mid 50's, the RCA cars from the 50's and the Kraft "Jet Puffed Marsh Mellows" wood side reefer from the early 60's.

Originally posted by waw47 - March 15 2016 :  5:52:00 PM

I got a couple of the Starkist. Are these rare? Please post an image of the one
you are referring to.

There is a Clementine 0-8-0 (not a Mikado) posted under Trading Post currently.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11201  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

raysouthernpac
Big Boy

PacificElectricAvatar

Posted - March 18 2016 :  5:27:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add raysouthernpac to Buddylist
quote:
Any Tyco locomotive with a PT motor that works more
than fifteen minutes without going up in smoke.

Originally posted by Chops124 - March 15 2016 :  5:53:23 PM

Exactly!

If you are not having fun, you are not doing it right.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 880  ~  Member Since: August 31 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 30 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

bnsfIA
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - March 18 2016 :  6:54:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add bnsfIA to Buddylist
Also the Royal Blue PT is pretty scarce.
And those Talgo T9 Sets
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 280  ~  Member Since: October 13 2014  ~  Last Visit: July 13 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 18 2016 :  7:00:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Correction, it is a Chatanooga Choo Choo that is up for sale.
If you haven't seen the Tyco television ad of this sweet
heap, you need to look it up under U Tube. It is
hilarious.

Aye, show me an image of that Starkist, someone please. I got
a couple of the fifty footers, want to see what this is about.
Can I retire rich??

Edited by - Chops124 on March 18 2016 7:01:37 PM

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - March 18 2016 :  7:11:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Jeff, If this is the one that you are speaking of, this one does not bring much of a price...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

shaygetz
Big Boy

Posted - March 18 2016 :  7:24:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add shaygetz to Buddylist
A quick look on Ebay shows that the Green BN boxcar is especially rare...right up there with the silver Virginian coal hopper....
 Posts: 2465  ~  Member Since: April 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: December 01 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

bnsfIA
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - March 18 2016 :  7:54:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add bnsfIA to Buddylist
quote:
Correction, it is a Chatanooga Choo Choo that is up for sale.
If you haven't seen the Tyco television ad of this sweet
heap, you need to look it up under U Tube. It is
hilarious.

Aye, show me an image of that Starkist, someone please. I got
a couple of the fifty footers, want to see what this is about.
Can I retire rich??

Originally posted by Chops124 - March 18 2016 :  7:00:25 PM

Actually, I have a Clementine for trade now too
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 280  ~  Member Since: October 13 2014  ~  Last Visit: July 13 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

waw47
Hudson

Posted - March 18 2016 :  8:56:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add waw47 to Buddylist
The rare Star Kist Box Cars are 40' long and made in the 1950's. They have metal bottoms and screw on trucks. There are four cars, dark blue, dark green, yellow and white. Walt's Star Kist Car is not the one I am referring to.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 466  ~  Member Since: August 09 2010  ~  Last Visit: May 01 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Mikado

G2 Slingshot

Posted - March 18 2016 :  9:43:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ZeldaTheSwordsman to Buddylist
quote:
A quick look on Ebay shows that the Green BN boxcar is especially rare...right up there with the silver Virginian coal hopper....

Originally posted by shaygetz - March 18 2016 :  7:24:59 PM

BAHAHAHAHA!

Feedback-hungry attention w****
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 750  ~  Member Since: December 05 2015  ~  Last Visit: January 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - March 18 2016 :  10:24:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
quote:

Originally posted by shaygetz - March 18 2016 :  7:24:59 PM

Funny, Shaygetz... I remember buying several train cars in groups when I started collecting and every group had one of the mentioned cars in it. I used to buy 5 cars in a bunch to get 1 car I actually wanted...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 19 2016 :  2:32:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Yep, I gots two of dem Starcrust. Lovely pieces, but
guess I'll have to push my retirement back. At the
current rate, my goal is to be found DIMCAW (Dead
In My Chair at Work).

yardmaster54
Big Six

Spirit of 76

Posted - March 27 2016 :  12:49:05 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send yardmaster54 a Yahoo! Message  Add yardmaster54 to Buddylist
The all blue and all red Tyco spirit of 76 box cars are pretty rare.
Yardmaster 54
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 277  ~  Member Since: October 01 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - March 27 2016 :  02:37:49 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
The GM&O GP20 and 2-8-0 are rare.
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

lvrr325
Big Boy

Posted - March 27 2016 :  11:21:45 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add lvrr325 to Buddylist
Try to find a Brach's operating hopper.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 956  ~  Member Since: January 27 2008  ~  Last Visit: May 27 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 27 2016 :  12:29:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Brach's operating hopper. Hmmm. And that's a Tyco?

Dorrito Car is pretty elusive. And try to find a Bubble Yum car. I
think Walt is hoarding all of the, including any motor vehicle of
that nature, side by side with his light poles and dumpsters.
I swear he posts some of his Bubble Yum stash just to torment
me.

IslandTrains
Little Six

Posted - March 27 2016 :  12:59:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add IslandTrains to Buddylist
Is the VIA locomotive and caboose rare? I'm just being hopeful that I might own something rare from Tyco!
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 143  ~  Member Since: March 22 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scmich
Little Six

Posted - March 28 2016 :  9:14:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scmich to Buddylist
There a lot of rare and hard to find pieces out there. I was fortunate to find a number of pieces when eBay was new and there may have been only 800 pieces listed at any given time. Didn't know at the time that they were rare. Seems like the Tyco craze caught on, probably in large part to the advent of this site. In the early days of this forum, it seemed everyone was learning about Tyco and the net result was a working knowledge in the collecting community of what was less common. And it seems instantly things became even harder to find, or much pricier.
My less common pieces that I have in my collection include:
CP 50' Box Car in Red
CP 50' Box Car in White
Hooker Tanker in Black
Maxwell House Hopper
Sohio Triple Dome
Canadian Pacific 40 Ft Box Car
UP Passenger Set (although I want another coach for a new wall I am planning of just Tyco Passenger Sets)
Desenex 50' Boxcar
Santa FE Shock Control 40' Reefer
Purina Red Roof 40' Reefer
Flat with Kenworth Cabs (353)
Single Dome Hercules Tanker
Brach's Operating Hopper
Maxwell House 50' Boxcar

There are many more out there. My white whale is the Whirlpool 50' Boxcar. I saw one once in the early days of ebay. I bid $100 (crazy for then and my wife would have killed me) I never expected it to go near that, but I just didn't want to lose. Well, I lost. Never saw one again. I guess since when I started collecting Tyco, it was for the Billboard Boxcars, the Whirlpool is of special interest to me. I never imagined I'd have this many pieces now. I even limited myself to diesel era, no steam.

I still enjoy collecting, usually in spurts every few years. If I finish my new wall of passenger cars to add to my Slice of Woodbury display, I will post pics here.

Feel free to keep sharing your rare finds. It certainly keeps me frustrated interested.

Glad this Forum is still going strong.

Scott

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 120  ~  Member Since: October 26 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 30 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

yardmaster54
Big Six

Spirit of 76

Posted - March 28 2016 :  10:00:55 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send yardmaster54 a Yahoo! Message  Add yardmaster54 to Buddylist
quote:
There a lot of rare and hard to find pieces out there. I was fortunate to find a number of pieces when eBay was new and there may have been only 800 pieces listed at any given time. Didn't know at the time that they were rare. Seems like the Tyco craze caught on, probably in large part to the advent of this site. In the early days of this forum, it seemed everyone was learning about Tyco and the net result was a working knowledge in the collecting community of what was less common. And it seems instantly things became even harder to find, or much pricier.
CP 50' Box Car in Red
CP 50' Box Car in White
Hooker Tanker in Black
Maxwell House Hopper
Sohio Triple Dome
UP Passenger Set (although I want another coach for a new wall I am planning of just Tyco Passenger Sets)
Desenex 50' Boxcar
Brach's Operating Hopper
Maxwell House 50' Boxcar

There are many more out there. My white whale is the Whirlpool 50' Boxcar. I saw one once in the early days of ebay. I bid $100 (crazy for then and my wife would have killed me) I never expected it to go near that, but I just didn't want to lose. Well, I lost. Never saw one again. I guess since when I started collecting Tyco, it was for the Billboard Boxcars, the Whirlpool is of special interest to me. I never imagined I'd have this many pieces now. I even limited myself to diesel era, no steam.

I still enjoy collecting, usually in spurts every few years. If I finish my new wall of passenger cars to add to my Slice of Woodbury display, I will post pics here.

Feel free to keep sharing your rare finds. It certainly keeps me frustrated interested.

Scott

Originally posted by scmich - March 28 2016 :  9:14:20 PM

Scott do you have any of the all red and all blue Tyco spirit of 76 boxcars ? I have been looking for them for almost a year. Saw both on ebay about 6 months ago, they wanted $89 apiece. A little rich for my blood. But Im still looking.

Yardmaster 54
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 277  ~  Member Since: October 01 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

yardmaster54
Big Six

Spirit of 76

Posted - March 28 2016 :  10:42:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send yardmaster54 a Yahoo! Message  Add yardmaster54 to Buddylist
Is the Tyco No. 355-D Gerber's 40 ft refer rare?
Yardmaster 54

scmich
Little Six

Posted - March 29 2016 :  09:45:35 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scmich to Buddylist
Yardmaster - I don't think the Gerber car would be considered rare, but some of those billboard/advertising cars seem to get premiums and are becoming scarcer due to other collectors outside of trains collecting these items because of the advertising and brands on them. Coco Cola being the most extreme example of that phenomenon probably.

I do have the original version of the Bicentennial Cars, as well as the short stripe and long stripe versions. Probably paid less than $20 each or less, way back when. They still pop up occasionally on eBay, although rarely all three in one auction, and I've never seen a boxed set. The three original versions are among my favorite pieces.

Scott
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 120  ~  Member Since: October 26 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 30 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

yardmaster54
Big Six

Spirit of 76

Posted - March 29 2016 :  1:00:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send yardmaster54 a Yahoo! Message  Add yardmaster54 to Buddylist
quote:
Yardmaster - I don't think the Gerber car would be considered rare, but some of those billboard/advertising cars seem to get premiums and are becoming scarcer due to other collectors outside of trains collecting these items because of the advertising and brands on them. Coco Cola being the most extreme example of that phenomenon probably.

I do have the original version of the Bicentennial Cars, as well as the short stripe and long stripe versions. Probably paid less than $20 each or less, way back when. They still pop up occasionally on eBay, although rarely all three in one auction, and I've never seen a boxed set. The three original versions are among my favorite pieces.

Scott

Originally posted by scmich - March 29 2016 :  09:45:35 AM

Scott if you have more than 1 each of the all blue and all red Bicentennial Cars, would you consider selling them?

Mike

Yardmaster 54
Edited by - yardmaster54 on March 29 2016 1:03:11 PM

scmich
Little Six

Posted - March 29 2016 :  2:58:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scmich to Buddylist
I have no duplicates right now in my collection right now.

Would love to have helped out fellow aficionados of the Tyco Line.

scott

raysouthernpac
Big Boy

PacificElectricAvatar

Posted - March 29 2016 :  5:38:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add raysouthernpac to Buddylist
quote:
CP 50' Box Car in Red
CP 50' Box Car in White
Hooker Tanker in Black
Maxwell House Hopper
Sohio Triple Dome
Desenex 50' Boxcar
Brach's Operating Hopper
Maxwell House 50' Boxcar

Scott

Originally posted by scmich - March 28 2016 :  9:14:20 PM

I want to say the Alaska box car is hard to find as well.

If you are not having fun, you are not doing it right.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 880  ~  Member Since: August 31 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 30 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

yardmaster54
Big Six

Spirit of 76

Posted - April 14 2016 :  12:16:14 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send yardmaster54 a Yahoo! Message  Add yardmaster54 to Buddylist
The Tyco super heros box cars are very rare and quite pricey . (Bat Man Super Man Wonder Woman and Shazam) They only made them for one year.
Yardmaster 54

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - April 14 2016 :  12:50:23 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Actually seems to always be some on Ebay. My nephew picked up one of them recently...
I don't think something is rare if it shows up on ebay fairly often. Of course that's just my opinion, I may be wrong...

lvrr325
Big Boy

Posted - April 14 2016 :  04:19:21 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add lvrr325 to Buddylist
The Tyco US Army set from about 1965 is pretty rare. I saw a couple of guys fight over the caboose alone to the tune of $200.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 956  ~  Member Since: January 27 2008  ~  Last Visit: May 27 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 14 2016 :  2:47:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
The Tyco super heros box cars are very rare and quite pricey . (Bat Man Super Man Wonder Woman and Shazam) They only made them for one year.

Originally posted by yardmaster54 - April 14 2016 :  12:16:14 AM

Oh you mean these?

you know Shazam is Captain Marvel & was not originally a DC Comic character?

Shazam is what Billy Batson says to become Captain Marvel

Why Tyco didn't use Captain Marvel is anyone's guess & a mystery

Edited by - microbusss on April 14 2016 2:49:21 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14691  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

GG-1 Guy
Mikado

GG-1

Posted - April 14 2016 :  5:01:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GG-1 Guy to Buddylist
Sorry, I don't think the superhero set is rare, they're always on eBay.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 664  ~  Member Since: May 05 2012  ~  Last Visit: March 16 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

yardmaster54
Big Six

Spirit of 76

Posted - April 15 2016 :  01:42:06 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send yardmaster54 a Yahoo! Message  Add yardmaster54 to Buddylist
quote:
quote:

Originally posted by yardmaster54 - April 14 2016 :  12:16:14 AM

Oh you mean these?

you know Shazam is Captain Marvel & was not originally a DC Comic character?

Shazam is what Billy Batson says to become Captain Marvel

Why Tyco didn't use Captain Marvel is anyone's guess & a mystery

Originally posted by microbusss - April 14 2016 :  2:47:52 PM

Nice, theres a set of the same cars on ebay now for $129 or best offer. (item 131779030536) Rare or not , I think there nice looking.

Yardmaster 54

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 15 2016 :  3:02:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
one time I was at a train show & Superman had a $50 price on it!
but they aren't really rare anyway but some think they are

I don't believe I even have $15 or $20 in those cars anyway

waw47
Hudson

Posted - April 15 2016 :  5:49:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add waw47 to Buddylist
The Super Hero Cars are a crossover collectible, like the Disney and Petticoat Junction sets. Some comic book collectors also collect them, which drives the value up.

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - April 15 2016 :  6:34:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Always liked the original Batman show and love that Batmoblie! But have never owned these 4 cars nor have any interest in them. They are nice looking Tyco pieces for those who like them!

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - April 15 2016 :  9:26:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Of some of the rarities listed, I have these :

White CP boxcar ( just acquired last month )
Flat with 3 Kenworths ( I have two of these )
Red roof purina boxcar ( I have an entire train of Purina boxcars, hoppers, etc )

The Sunoco oil tank car is rare? is this the chrome plated one? I didn't think it that rare, I have several of them.

The Superheroes boxcars I've seen at shows for $25 apiece, more than I want to pay, but not exorbitantly so. Same with the Bubbleyum cars, 25 or so apiece here in the Mid-Atlantic region. I have shazam and wonder woman, and didn't pay that much.

While I like treasure hunting Tyco cars and engines, I enjoy the regulars as much, too. My current hunt is for those scarce lighted cabooses and searchlight cars. :D

Jerry.

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - April 16 2016 :  12:01:43 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
The Trolley Track from 1960 I only seen once when I bought alot of Traction HO.

As to Shazam Marvel comics has characters from the Kree aliens known as Mar-vel a.k.a Captain Marvel

Copyright issues Essentially the big red cheese goes by either Shazam or Captain Marvel
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 16 2016 :  12:09:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:

As to Shazam Marvel comics has characters from the Kree aliens known as Mar-vel a.k.a Captain Marvel
Copyright issues Essentially the big red cheese goes by either Shazam or Captain Marvel
Originally posted by thesiding - April 16 2016 :  12:01:43 AM

did you know that DC sued Fawcett Comics cause they thought he was like Superman?
Ironically he is a DC Comic now cause DC bought out Fawcett Comics in 1972 XD

bnsfIA
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - April 16 2016 :  1:04:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add bnsfIA to Buddylist
Was there a GM&O Steamer? If so, I believe it's quite scarce.

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - April 16 2016 :  3:23:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
Yep knew that
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 16 2016 :  3:26:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Tyco billboard that Walt doesn't already own.

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - April 16 2016 :  3:49:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
Got a Wonder Woman on going up soon

oldtimer52
Big Boy

0ldtime

Posted - April 16 2016 :  5:42:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add oldtimer52 to Buddylist
How about the Popsicle Twin Treat car? This is the only one I've ever seen.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 865  ~  Member Since: September 23 2014  ~  Last Visit: May 01 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 16 2016 :  10:57:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:

Originally posted by oldtimer52 - April 16 2016 :  5:42:19 PM

looks abit faded to me

IslandTrains
Little Six

Posted - April 17 2016 :  09:16:11 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add IslandTrains to Buddylist
I just found one of these for sale:

Seller won't give a price. He says "best offer". That frustrates me! He says only 50 were made. Is this true? Any idea as to what it is worth? It'd be cool to have on the shelf.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 143  ~  Member Since: March 22 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - April 17 2016 :  09:45:05 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:

Originally posted by oldtimer52 - April 16 2016 :  5:42:19 PM

They're uncommon, but not super rare. I've passed on a few of them recently. I may still end up buying one, though. To go with my candy consist. :)

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - April 17 2016 :  12:52:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
There's 19 of these uncommon Popsicles Box cars on ebay right now...

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 17 2016 :  1:26:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I've got five for my Tyco Popsicle train, but I don't recall
seeing a lemon popsicle before. Is that yellow or just
a faded orange color?

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - April 17 2016 :  1:40:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
quote:
I just found one of these for sale:

Seller won't give a price. He says "best offer". That frustrates me! He says only 50 were made. Is this true? Any idea as to what it is worth? It'd be cool to have on the shelf.

Originally posted by IslandTrains - April 17 2016 :  09:16:11 AM

50 seems like a low number but I don't have any evidence to refute it. The clear shells are definitely rare. That one is missing its ladders and box, which will hurt the price.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3323  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: May 03 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic: movie trains Topic Next Topic: HEVC: am I getting scammed?  
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000