Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 5 ]  [ Total: 5 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 What do you do with your trains...
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: On the hunt! Topic Next Topic: Can you laugh about this?  

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - June 28 2010 :  11:22:50 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
...when you're not running them?

More specifically, what do with the trains that you run fairly often. I know some of you have a (seemingly) endless amount of siding space. I've always had my cars and engines lined up on a shelf/counter behind my layout. Over the past few months however, that space has become too small

What do you guys do with all the layout overflow?

cheez
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator 

70elcamino
Switcher

RRCrossingAvatar

Posted - June 28 2010 :  11:51:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add 70elcamino to Buddylist
Not enough room for them in the car room, so most are in boxes, but we do have a daughter going to college this fall and I am trying to talk my wife into letting me have her room as a train room. So far I am losing this battle though.

Russell
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 42  ~  Member Since: December 22 2009  ~  Last Visit: October 22 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

burlington77
Big Boy

burlington2

Posted - June 29 2010 :  01:20:13 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add burlington77 to Buddylist
Drawers, shelves, tables, chairs, boxes...you get the picture. It's a constant battle to find space.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1166  ~  Member Since: October 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: December 23 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - June 29 2010 :  05:49:21 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:
Drawers, shelves, tables, chairs, boxes... It's a constant battle to find space.

Originally posted by burlington77 - June 29 2010 :  01:20:13 AM

Sez it all right there. I've got flat pizza-type boxes that I keep my rolling stock and some engines in, other smaller flat boxes shoe-sized for storing 2-3 engines at a time. No formal drawers or glass-fronted displays for my stuff. LOL. Cardboard and plastic, mostly.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

tykowolf
Big Six

tml

Posted - June 29 2010 :  07:58:36 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add tykowolf to Buddylist
Layout overflow? What luxury! The trains I have, such as they are, reside in a BIG blue box. The true tragedy is, the box is kept at my Aunt's. But it's alright, I have visiting rights most weekends and all this week!
 Country: Australia  ~  Posts: 362  ~  Member Since: March 21 2009  ~  Last Visit: December 31 2011 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - June 29 2010 :  08:12:08 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
My layout. Under it, hid behind the curtains, are many boxes of cars.

In another room are shelves with more trains.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

tykowolf
Big Six

tml

Posted - June 29 2010 :  08:35:01 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add tykowolf to Buddylist
Very impressive, toptrain. Are the cars alphabetized or categorized or just plain memorized?!
 Country: Australia  ~  Posts: 362  ~  Member Since: March 21 2009  ~  Last Visit: December 31 2011 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - June 29 2010 :  10:56:34 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
quote:
Very impressive, toptrain. Are the cars alphabetized or categorized or just plain memorized?!

Originally posted by tykowolf - June 29 2010 :  08:35:01 AM

Yoo-wolf, It is a adventure everytime I look for something. It makes my life interesting.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - June 29 2010 :  11:13:11 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
actually my house too small So any trains I get go into storage in the basement
pics later
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - June 29 2010 :  1:58:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Ben, Use the basement!!!
Walt

Luck, usually comes dressed in work clothes...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

choochin3
Mikado

USA

Posted - June 29 2010 :  5:30:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add choochin3 to Buddylist
I use the cheap metal 5 shelf units you get at Walmart for around 15 bucks each.
I combine two shelving units to double the capacity,and store the empty boxes at a friends basement.

Carl T.

President of the Cape James Terminal RR.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 691  ~  Member Since: April 16 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 01 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

tykowolf
Big Six

tml

Posted - July 01 2010 :  04:17:31 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add tykowolf to Buddylist
quote:
Yoo-wolf, It is a adventure everytime I look for something. It makes my life interesting.
frank
Originally posted by toptrain - June 29 2010 :  10:56:34 AM

Random freight cars are fun! If I had that many, I think I'd organize them by road where I could and pool the rest. Best of both worlds!

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - July 08 2010 :  12:46:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
Well y'all wanted to know where my trains & race car sets are stored

under the stairs!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - July 08 2010 :  3:01:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
I'd like to have a basement about the size of Walmart!!!!!!!
Walt

Luck, usually comes dressed in work clothes...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - March 20 2020 :  2:51:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

What do you do with your trains when there is a stupid virus scare.

I stare at them and wish that I was on a real one.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5849  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 20 2020 :  3:30:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
all trains are out of basement in my garage now
staying there until I move next door

then after I move the layout building will commence!
Switches & crossovers I will need

Edited by - microbusss on March 20 2020 3:31:25 PM
  Previous Topic: On the hunt! Topic Next Topic: Can you laugh about this?  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000