Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 31 ]  [ Total: 31 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 Mantua Motive Power & Rolling Stock
 Mantua Crescent Ltd Puzzled
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Mantua Tune-Up Advice, Please... Topic Next Topic: Prewar or Postwar?  

Sharknose
Switcher

MantuaAvatar

Posted - October 24 2015 :  10:43:03 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Sharknose to Buddylist
I picked this Mantua Crescent Limited up at a train show. I believe it is from the 80's, features synchro-sound, and newer can motor. The colors have me puzzled. The locomotive has a black front and black cab, not the usual silver front. It is definitely not a kit built one, looks to be all factory assembled. I am looking to see if any fellow Mantua collectors have some insight on this one.

Thanks!

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 25  ~  Member Since: December 17 2011  ~  Last Visit: November 18 2019 Alert Moderator 

tkruger
Big Six

Posted - October 24 2015 :  11:33:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add tkruger to Buddylist
There is more than just the cab and front of the boiler that is not right.

The steam chest and the cow catcher should be green with a black front on the boiler is this is a real early model. The edge of the walk way should be gold too, than may have worn off from handling over the years.

Mid run models had a silver front boiler with a black steam chest and cow catcher.

If this is a later (Mantua Collectible) model run then the boiler front and steam chest should be silver with a black cow catcher.

I think that what you have is a locomotive that has been repaired. The cap for most of the larger Mantua locomotives are interchangeable, as are many of the other parts. If it were me I would just paint the cab or run it as is, it still looks nice.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 332  ~  Member Since: August 28 2010  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - October 25 2015 :  07:51:13 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
you have a marriage of at least 2 locos,the body and tender are earlier (80s) the chassis is 90s,the cab is from an erie pacific of the same period

stock photo not mine

catfordken
if you cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel,try turning around

Edited by - catfordken on October 25 2015 08:08:31 AM
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

waw47
Hudson

Posted - October 25 2015 :  09:11:56 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add waw47 to Buddylist
Most likely a factory error.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 466  ~  Member Since: August 09 2010  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Mantua Tune-Up Advice, Please... Topic Next Topic: Prewar or Postwar?  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000